Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Viper Solo Offlane?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Viper Solo Offlane? 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 30, 2014 3:50pm | Report
Against a weak enemy safelane Viper will just shred the enemy safelane core.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 30, 2014 5:58pm | Report
yea i was laned against legion and tree ...

i got two double kills at level 6 and 7 lol. solo.

honestly they were horrible like ... really really bad.

BUT

i have done a solo offlane viper in a 3.5k team ranked game and it dominated mid game. i got a 14 minute aquila treads stick mek.

ive only played viper 4 times. but ... easy hero lol.

im more asking ... since i am the offlaner. what are some peoples thoughts on how to offlane him.

aggressive? defensive? timing? when to pick him? when not to? what to ban that would be in a safelane that could really hurt him?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » November 30, 2014 8:06pm | Report
Well, since I'm trying to learn the offlaning position as well, I'll say my thoughts about it
So, viper's e is really ****ing awesome, they'll rarely have a worthy trade against him, it's actually dangerousnto trade with him when it comes to support vs viper, especially that we all know that viper's so good early. His spells are really great and he doesnt necessarily need a lot of items to come online. I think what could put him down is a quickburst hero/combo. The reason I think he's not picked too much is that he doesnt have a super big impact late game, and the meta is mostly long games now. But I really think he's a decent offlaner and can punish well.
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 30, 2014 10:16pm | Report
Aren't you just playing a watered down version of Venomancer? I mean :

- Veno offlane >> Viper offlane. Veno can scout the fog and keep enemies at a safe distance with wards, and has a pseudo-escape with gale. While Viper has zero escape whatsoever (I had that Enchantress game against a Viper offlane that time, yummy yummy ^^).

- Viper is completely snowball-dependent and is useless from behind. Isn't playing from behind the whole point of offlaning? If you want to snowball in the offlane you have to do an aggressive lane with supports, which is much better. Soloing the offlane just makes you food.

- Mek/Aghs/blink Veno >>>> Mek/Aghs/blink Viper in every way. Veno has a million times more utility, push, teamfight etc to his skillset. The only upside of Viper is that he can right-click, so if you want to go full utility in the first place...the choice is clear IMO.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » December 3, 2014 12:25pm | Report
Solo mid all the way, imo. He needs to be 1v1 in lane because that's what he's good at. He zones out the enemy, last hits and denies like crazy, and still can get a kill as soon as they overextend just a little. Viper is all about getting an advantage and rolling with it while he's still relevant. The offlane kinda puts you behind by default most times.

From a survivability standpoint he's probably fine. He's fairly bulky and Corrosive Skin is just a great ability, especially early on. But the problem is that he probably won't have great farm, and he can't access all three lanes easily like he can when he's mid. If you aren't getting ganks and pressuring lanes early on with Viper you aren't really making the most of the hero, and like Hamstertamer said, there are better options.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved