Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Talking about:Faceless Void

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Talking about:Faceless Void 25 posts - page 1 of 3

Poll Question:

What is Voids role?
Hard carry
Initiator
Combo-mechanism
Other
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » October 31, 2015 3:45am | Report
I noticed there were some discussions about Faceless Void and those discussions were flooding other threads. So I decided that it would be good to just create a thread dedicated to void.
So what is this faceless-maceswinging-time-stopping thing right now?
A hard carry? An initiator? A wombo-combo-hero?
And what should we build on him?

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » October 31, 2015 4:01am | Report
Depends on the player.

Void as a carry is weaker than before due to the increase in support disengage items.

As an offlaner, I would seldom pick a void unless I wanted a combo, so playing him as #3 for a combo setup would be my favourable way to playing void.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 31, 2015 4:11am | Report
Hard carry with an Aghanim's Scepter pulled by Alchemist. Because free 60 second cooldown chrono + enough mana to buy a Refresher Orb = free old OP Void.

Other than that, weak hero right now. Never picked in competitive, never picked in tryhard pubs.

He's a decent offlaner if you have Death Prophet, Invoker and Witch Doctor in your team, however if you do *not* have that kind of massive combo synergy in your picks he's as much an offlaner as Anti-Mage is.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 31, 2015 6:30am | Report
Is offlane Faceless Void really that good? I mean beside initiation every hundred seconds or so you can't really do anything. At least a carry Faceless Void can farm while his ulti is down. What do people build on offlane void anyway?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 31, 2015 6:53am | Report
No, not anymore. Now offlaners are meant to pressure the lane and make enemy carry's lane as bad as possible, getting lvl 6 is a secondary task. Obviously Faceless Void can't pressure the lane, especially alone, unless he is left against a weak carry alone for a long time.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 31, 2015 9:00am | Report
The bigger issue with offlane Void is the downtime; You can't afford to have a 100s downtime in this environment, it'll just get abused by the enemy. Once you get Ag's that issue goes away for the most part, but that's a really long time away.

He's not actually that bad in the offlane itself; High armour, decent HP, amazing base damage. He lacks a flash farming mechanism, but this combination of things let's him trade evenly in most 1v1's, and he has some level of kill potential with RNG.

A bigger issue is that he can't do anything else till he hits 6; His rotation potential is underwhelming, (He can slow, and potentially bash, but otherwise he brings nothing) and he can't jungle either, so he winds up being an all or nothing option.

If things calm down and passive play returns, then the offlane Void probably becomes a little better. But that's unlikely to happen.

And as a carry he just has slot issues mixed with downtime. Oh and richer supports hurts a lot as well.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » October 31, 2015 9:59am | Report
So we got an extremely niche hero? So we will need to wait until icefrog stops bashing Void with the nerf-bat?

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » October 31, 2015 10:08am | Report
its all in the meta bruh.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » October 31, 2015 10:38am | Report
Void is best suited to be a carry still, preferably with some comboing in the draft, like Alch would be good, or a Troll Warlord if you can fit him in somewhere is good too.

But yeah, this hero is really hurt by his downtime, he can be itemized without MoM if you want to make him less dependent on his Chrono (Something like Bfury and Butterfly), but he'll be outclassed by Troll in many ways then.

I would like to see some Void buffs, anything to reduce the number of AMs I'm seeing in my games.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 31, 2015 11:27am | Report
Do you really want to see Void back? I mean personally I'd take anything over the 6.80->6.82 Tinker/Void meta. Anything. Heroes are nerfed for a good reason and are best left that way :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved