Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Substitute or not

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Substitute or not 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Silk68 » July 26, 2013 7:46am | Report
Trying to learn to play Earthshaker.

I've seen many builds suggesting to get blink dagger fast. I was just wondering if force staff would be a nice replacement for dagger.

I like the regen and increase in the manapool. But, is it viable since with Earthshaker you need to use fissure a lot and can block your escape route.

thnks for the answer

Silk68

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 26, 2013 8:12am | Report
Force Staff is a good option, but it's not as good and as cheap as Blink Dagger. You must jump inside the fight and initiate with your ultimate. You can't do that very well with Force Staff, but it's a good pick overall.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » July 26, 2013 8:21am | Report
Blink is better in pretty much all cases. ES's manapool is fixed with manaboots, and you won't need much beyond that.

Forcestaff is viable if it's clear you will not be able to afford blink in a reasonable timeframe, since it can still help placing Echo Slam, and is easier to build than blink. Don't get forcestaff if you can afford blink.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 26, 2013 9:05am | Report
Blink Dagger is awesome if you can get the Gold for it, i.e. lots of Kills + Assists, but you probably won't have enough for a Blink before the 30 minute mark, especially if you are playing Support. Observer Wards, Sentry Wards, Town Portal Scrolls, etc. will drain your money, so saving up 2150 can take a long time, and all it takes is one unfortunate death to set you back from getting it for another 5 minutes.

IMO, you should only get a Blink Dagger if you're doing really well and have a lot of Reliable Gold, otherwise, go Force Staff. Even if you do get a Blink Dagger though, a Force Staff is still worth it as well 8)

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 26, 2013 9:30am | Report
I do see why a force staff would work and there are good points that have already been made, but I suggest the Blink Dagger because it is easier to aim where you are going (to me at least) and es needs a lot of good positioning

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » July 26, 2013 9:47am | Report
Force staff is okay, it does give him mana, but for Earthshaker's initiation, it would be hard to pull it off with a force staff. Usually you blink in the instant the enemies are clumped together and ult, and they usually don't stay clumped long. With force staff, you have to get closer, and they can see it coming, and it's not as instant.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 26, 2013 10:31am | Report
The Force Staff is superb against people that will make you have the dagger unusable( Radiance, Zeus, Templar Assassin blinking over you etc).If that happens and you have dagger, you can't escape/initiate/couter-initiate. But with the Force Staff things become easier against that kind of a line-up.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » July 27, 2013 12:27am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

The Force Staff is superb against people that will make you have the dagger unusable( Radiance, Zeus, Templar Assassin blinking over you etc).If that happens and you have dagger, you can't escape/initiate/couter-initiate. But with the Force Staff things become easier against that kind of a line-up.

Wisdom and experience right here ^

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved