Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Storm Spirit in 6.87: Aghs, bloodthorn and what not.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Storm Spirit in 6.87: Aghs, bloodthorn and what not. 4 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Will storm spirit rise again?
Yes
No
Too early to say
I dont care either way
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » May 4, 2016 8:05pm | Report
Its time to discuss our beloved cocky bast*** Yep, Storm Spirit! There was a time when he was picked so often that i had to learn how to play mid decently so as to not get rekt by him. Then he got hit by the nerfbat and vanished from pubs as well the pro scene. With the recent buff to bloodstone (12 charges!) and introduction to an awesome upgrade to orchid as well as the new aghs which makes him kind of an awesome innitatior, do you think he has been buffed? Do you think aghs rush storm would be a thing? Do you think that the storm would rise again?
DISCUSS!

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 4, 2016 10:48pm | Report
Strom is good, but his new aghs is definitely not the reason for that.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » May 5, 2016 12:33am | Report
Storm still has early game problems and similar to SF, he can't farm the jungle as fast anymore. However his late game is a lot stronger so if you're able to get to that point, it'll be like 6.84 again but harder to kill.

The aghs just give him more tools to use if the situation calls for it.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 5, 2016 5:51am | Report
If Lifestealer is in the Meta, Storm can find a place too. Bloodthorn makes him late game much stronger and makes it a lot less of a risk to go Orchid first, Bloodstone buffs makes him properly come online more quickly.

As for the Aghs, he wouldn't get it before a major mana item, but its quite useful because it actually lets him teamfight. It has strong potential for womboing as well, since it is pretty much a mini black hole. It's probably a lot more powerful if you pair Storm with Alchemist (another good hero for the meta).

Storm is in this place where he's a lot more playable, mainly because less nukers, and he has the better option to go into late without snowballing because of improved item options. Hopefully he's in a good spot, but its not very clear to me yet.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved