Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Slark? is he OP?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Slark? is he OP? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 17, 2014 7:29pm | Report
Heres the bust. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/840658621

played cap mode

got me a Slark ... cue "Awww Yeaaa Boi" face giff

solo offlane against a Wraith King Sand King Shadow Shaman

proceed to feed first blood and 3 deaths after that.

even though i played super super cautious they caught me out for first blood with a smoke gank at lvl 1 :(

and then dived for the second one and picked up the 3rd and 4th in team fights at 7 mins and i think 10 mins.

anyway long story short. once i got my Power Treads Poor Man's Shield Magic Stick i got an ultra followed by another and then Spectre got a rampage.

Even though Wraith King and Puck and Brewmaster all were higher levels then me and had more farm i could just man fight them.

at one stage i fought a lvl 13 Brewmaster when i was level 9 and rekt face.

lol wut?

how is that even fair ?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 17, 2014 10:42pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

Heres the bust. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/840658621

played cap mode

got me a Slark ... cue "Awww Yeaaa Boi" face giff

solo offlane against a Wraith King Sand King Shadow Shaman

proceed to feed first blood and 3 deaths after that.

even though i played super super cautious they caught me out for first blood with a smoke gank at lvl 1 :(

and then dived for the second one and picked up the 3rd and 4th in team fights at 7 mins and i think 10 mins.

anyway long story short. once i got my Power Treads Poor Man's Shield Magic Stick i got an ultra followed by another and then Spectre got a rampage.

Even though Wraith King and Puck and Brewmaster all were higher levels then me and had more farm i could just man fight them.

at one stage i fought a lvl 13 Brewmaster when i was level 9 and rekt face.

lol wut?

how is that even fair ?

Their gear progression was aweful. Not to mention that no one had a mek or urn on their team. Not to mention that their SK is super poor and under leveled even though he should be able to jungle farm safely.

So their supports became food and their WK carry was undergeared. He only managed less than 9k damage to heroes. Three people on your team had more damage output then their main carry.

In short; your personal early game was garbage yet they did nothing with such a huge advantage. While the rest of your team was having a better early game and was able to cover for your bad start. Then the enemy team let you recover from your bad start and turn into a killing force. Basically the enemy team failed to turn your bad offlane pairing into towers gained. They should of taken all the offlane towers if they were getting such easy kills on you.

To make matters worse; they let your Spectre nearly free farm early game.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 18, 2014 4:55am | Report
At this point I'd love to get more slark games...he's complete garbage in my bracket because of all the void pickers.

He's a strong hero, especially in pubs, he just fails badly against 5-man lineups where there's a lot of enemy aoe and no isolated targets.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » August 18, 2014 6:37am | Report

At this point I'd love to get more slark games...he's complete garbage in my bracket because of all the void pickers.

He's a strong hero, especially in pubs, he just fails badly against 5-man lineups where there's a lot of enemy aoe and no isolated targets.

Personally I love it when I face void. I'm always like; ok I just need one of the following heroes so we win game.

Usually Earthshaker, Abaddon, or Silencer.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » August 19, 2014 4:43pm | Report
To answer the question of is he OP I'd say no. Because he is one of the lowest stat gains in the game so really I'd play Lion or Lina against him and just harass him out of lane then go for dagon + ult. Lion preferably due to stun >> ult >> dagon = dead.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 19, 2014 4:49pm | Report
OP, no.
A pain in the arse, a pubstomper and snowballer? Hell yes.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 19, 2014 11:37pm | Report
It's really been ages since I saw a Slark snowballing and killing everything.

Almost all Slarks I see right now are more in the "annoyingly hard to kill but not very useful" tier. A bit like a lot of pub Storm Spirits, just zipping around and being annoying but accomplishing nothing. And then you realize that you don't need to chase them around : you can just push their base and they can't do anything about it.

Indeed Pounce and Essence Shift are completely OP on paper (if you see that stuff in ability draft it's pure gold), but he makes up for it by having no stats and a so-so ult.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » August 20, 2014 12:08am | Report
Slark isn't OP he just snowballs easily if he gets early kills. His stat gain is low and he's squishy (or how ever you spell that word) and easy to kill when he doesn't have his ult. Just don't give him early kills and kill few times and he's out from that match.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved