Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

roaming supports?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » roaming supports? 37 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » February 24, 2015 12:22am | Report
Mirana is still a roamer. A 5 second stun is a 5 second stun, and given that most conventional mid heroes have at least 1 nuke, getting enough damage for a kill isn't that hard. If it's against an offlaner who probably have 3 heroes hitting on them, which is also lot of damage. (And even if you don't kill them, you get a psycological advantage, and probably force them back to base.)

And whilst having dedicated roamers is a good thing when it works, you have to remember it leaves your lanes weaker, and if your supports don't get anything done early they are useless. So it's not viable in every game (Support rotations for ganks are, but not having dedicated roamers).

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 24, 2015 4:01am | Report

Sven is an amazing roamer.

Nuke stun and just walk up and start cleaving away.

A quite tanky hero, just build MoM on him and later Satanic and he doesn't die.

Roamers are Heroes who can Gank effectively with little Exp or Farm, by the time you're lvl8 and can afford a Mask of Madness, a Roamer's job should already be done.
Smuggels wrote:

honestly i used to think countering heroes was huge when drafting but now id rather run an aggressive draft and destroy their ability to utilise their counters...

Synergy with your own team is more important than counter-picking. <}3

Counter-Picking is only really good for trolling someone, or when you feel you have no other answer to a certain Pick, e.g. Axe against Shallow Grave if you aren't confident you can deal with the Dazzle at the start of a fight.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DoubleR2013 » February 24, 2015 9:34am | Report
My suggestion isn't just one support by itself, Shadow Demon and Leshrac as a roaming duo. Disruption into Split Earth is a really good combo that I remember watching Newbee use during TI4 and I think it would still be good despite the huge meta shift.

GOOD DAY SIR!

DoubleR2013

Steam: DoubleR
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by tracc » February 24, 2015 10:32pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

anti mage vs medusa

I wouldnt counter a hard carry with a carry. The mana burn admittedly is very nice and you can probably 1v1 her, but id rather try to stop her from firing than manfight her. so I would rather use Nyx or necronomicon to disable her in fights (stun etheral etc.)

tracc

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 24, 2015 10:48pm | Report
tracc wrote:

I wouldnt counter a hard carry with a carry. The mana burn admittedly is very nice and you can probably 1v1 her, but id rather try to stop her from firing than manfight her. so I would rather use Nyx or necronomicon to disable her in fights (stun etheral etc.)

elaborate? because that doesnt make sense.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » February 24, 2015 11:02pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

elaborate? because that doesnt make sense.

He means well.
Mana burn from necro books and nyx mana burn means that her mana is empty in less time than mage does.
He considers mage as an ordinary carry , thats where i but disagree however, he does have a point that medusa can be countered by items and non carry hereos.
So why not just do that?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 24, 2015 11:20pm | Report
yea you see i thought he meant that but well ... no.

mana burn doesnt do much compared to a manta am. yea it might be quicker but id rather have 500+ mana burned then 300ish.

necro book? yea lets just 2 hit that thing easy katka and the mana burn is laughable unless u stack AS aura.

AM is a direct counter to Medusa ...

he burns all her mana destroying her shield then he blows her up like a popped balloon.

also he says "id rather stop her from fighting" which is basically what im saying all along haha.

anyway moving on

quippe qui nihil vobis non commisceri fatuis

starting thread on slardar soon .... will bring him into meta soon i hope pls gaben

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 25, 2015 12:06am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

yea you see i thought he meant that but well ... no.

mana burn doesnt do much compared to a manta am. yea it might be quicker but id rather have 500+ mana burned then 300ish.

necro book? yea lets just 2 hit that thing easy katka and the mana burn is laughable unless u stack AS aura.

AM is a direct counter to Medusa ...

he burns all her mana destroying her shield then he blows her up like a popped balloon.

also he says "id rather stop her from fighting" which is basically what im saying all along haha.

anyway moving on

quippe qui nihil vobis non commisceri fatuis

starting thread on slardar soon .... will bring him into meta soon i hope pls gaben

Take note that AM has to put himself at risk if he blinks in, especially if the other team has a lot of crowd control spells. Nyx can continuously Mana Burn medusa without starting an all-out fight (since Nyx has Spiked Carapace and vVndetta and usually buys blink/force staff). If you repeatedly burn her mana, she can't use her Stone Gaze or utilise her Mana Shield. When she's useless like this, then go in with all your heroes and win the teamfight.

EDIT:
Fun fact: Mana Burn can burn over 600 mana from a late-game Medusa, not counting Mana Shield.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 25, 2015 12:09am | Report
Ummm...guys, the main reason Anti-Mage counters Medusa is not Mana Break.

AM counters Dusa because Dusa is useless against rat dota.

You don't pick AM against Dusa to win teamfights against her. Teamfights which you probably won't win anyways since a BKB Dusa will still wreck you. You pick AM to outmaneuver Dusa and rat down her base, and solo kill her if she comes to defend.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 25, 2015 12:23am | Report
^ that too... :)

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved