Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rate these patch note ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Rate these patch note ideas 14 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

What do you think?
Hell yes!
Hell no!
It's complicated
It's not you, it's me
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 21, 2015 4:04am | Report
Sando degen aura still needed to be maxed for him to gank efficiently. Maybe 50% at all levels?

Nice shadow poison buff sando,.

split earth's delay and cast time is separate, rite? Otherwise op as fu.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 21, 2015 4:31am | Report
50% for 4 seconds is a lot at level 1 (eqiv to a 2 second stun in terms of movement), you could maybe scale the duration to make it fair. I don't want to suddenly make him into an uber-ganker. I also think it gives him some more interesting levelling decisions - more points in Degen Aura means fewer in Repel or Purification. But yeah, the slow % is up for discussion.

Shadow Poison - I thought about putting it onto Soul Catcher but seems a bit OP. Makes this skill more useful early on.

Split Earth - delay is on top of cast time, so it's still kinda slow. But not, waving your arms in the air/lighting up a neon sign/winding up the hamster wheel slow.

Omni - Repel is very defensive, and only blocks damage if you have time to cast it. Purification only works offensively if you either have mana to cast it on the creep wave (unlikely) against a melee hero, or have a space closing partner - they're all melee - so your lane is completely dependent on having another ranged support to pick up the harassment/zoning duties. Basically means roaming isn't an option too. Purification is a really bad sustain spell for a strength hero too.

I totally agree he rocks later on, and there should still be an element of him being a so-so laning presence, but I think he needs a small buff/more options early on. If that means taking away some of his ult/AS duration, so be it, it is kinda ridiculous.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 21, 2015 4:41am | Report
Well to be fair, Venomancer has a 50% slow for 15 seconds at level one.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 21, 2015 5:08am | Report
TIMTHOUGHTSINORANGE

Sando wrote:

My attempt at making changes for the next version that I think would work:

Alchemist

- Agility gain increased from 1.2 to 1.8
- Chemical Rage bonus movement speed increased from 30/40/60 to 40/60/80

agi buff looks insignificant. rafe buff is ok but it doesnt really adress the whats wrong with him IMO. he needs his stun to be usefull again. it needs to be charged so it should hurt as ****. especially after the introduction of the rubberband effect its warranted.

Beastmaster

- Wild Axes mana cost rescaled to 90/100/110/120 sure, it becomes a ****py spell anyway so buffing early potential is good.
- Call of the Wild (Boar) now available at level 1 already is available =D

i actually think beastmaster is really strong already. double boar even at lvl 1 and 2 makes him really strong in lane.

Broodmother

- Spiderlings produce in smaller numbers, but are stronger to compensate. Try to break her cycle of being massively UP against AOE, and massively OP against non-AOE.

not sure this would have a desired effect. its not that easy to take a spider down with single target anyway because of speedyness. and its a big nerf for AOE heroes who counter her. something like this could make her an absolute menace in every game. she is already pretty strong so she doesnt need that. And her being weak against AOE is kind of the point. :P

Dragon Knight

- Dragon Tail damage rescaled to 100/150/200/250, stun rescaled to 2/2.5/3/3.5

looks like a nerf in some ways since you still want the points into fire and dragons blood. DAT HALF SECOND BRO

Elder Titan

- Astral Spirit damage rescaled to 80/120/160/200
- Natural Order base armour reduction rescaled to 30/45/60/75%

I HATE NERFS THAT WATER DOWN THE ESSENTIAL PART OF A HERO, EXTREMES ARE WHAT MAKES THIS GAME FUN AND UNIQUE. /capsrage

Ember Spirit

- Add 0.2 cast point to Sleight of Fist and Fire Remnant

You've Been Hit By, BANG BANG You've Been Struck By, A not so Smooth Ember

Leshrac

- Reduce stun delay on Split Earth to 0.15 seconds, increase radius to 180/200/220/240 dayum das short. maybe a bit too short. ez lightning setup for stun.
- Rescale Lightning Storm damage to 100/150/200/250 wont really do much.
- When Leshrac is picked, enemy tower glyph starts on cooldown ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i suspect that if lesh gets a nice buff in the right place, he suddenly jumps to *** kicking territory. personally i want him to be tankier for MORE EFFECTIVE CORE LESH DEATH PONY MODE!!1!!!

Mirana

- Max stun time of Sacred Arrow reduced to 3.5/4/4.5/5 not really OP imo.
- Int gain increased from 1.65 to 1.8 vacuum cooldown increased by one huehehe. seems kinda useless.

Omniknight

- Purification adds a health regen bonus of 3/4/5/6 for 20 seconds on the target.

- Degen Aura gains an active element, allowing him to cast it on an enemy hero and reduce their movement/attack speed by 20/30/40/50% (ms %, as raw). Costs 80 mana, range 500, lasts 4 seconds at all levels, 15 second CD. Passive element is disabled while active on cooldown.

YEA, NOT USELESS LANING OMMNI. probably needs compensating nerfs if he gets OK in the laning stage though.

Shadow Demon

- Shadow Poison now inflicts a movement slow of 3%/4%/5%/6% per stack for 2 seconds when activated.
- Demonic Purge now inflicts a mini-stun at the start and end of it's duration. OP questionmark? ez channel break through BKB from literally million range.

Slark

- Pounce leash duration rescaled to 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds
- Dark Pact now purges and inflicts damage over a 0.5 second period instead of 1 second
- Shadow Dance no longer interacts with enemy wards. Vision from them is ignored. Speed buff no longer stacks with the bonus movement from Shadow Blade.

OVERNERFED. SLARK USLESS CONFIRMED. just nerf the damn leash and be done with it.

Templar Assassin

- When Refraction's defensive element is active, a semi-transparent purple bubble will be shown around the hero

but why ;_; TA no op ;_;

Rubick

- Null Field is rescaled to 12%/16%/20%/24% magic resistance

sure, value points in it **** now anyway.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved