Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rate these patch note ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Rate these patch note ideas 14 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

What do you think?
Hell yes!
Hell no!
It's complicated
It's not you, it's me
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 20, 2015 10:58am | Report
My attempt at making changes for the next version that I think would work:

Alchemist

- Agility gain increased from 1.2 to 1.8
- Chemical Rage bonus movement speed increased from 30/40/60 to 40/60/80

Beastmaster

- Wild Axes mana cost rescaled to 90/100/110/120
- Call of the Wild (Boar) now available at level 1

Broodmother

- Spiderlings produce in smaller numbers, but are stronger to compensate. Try to break her cycle of being massively UP against AOE, and massively OP against non-AOE.

Dragon Knight

- Dragon Tail damage rescaled to 100/150/200/250, stun rescaled to 2/2.5/3/3.5

Elder Titan

- Astral Spirit damage rescaled to 80/120/160/200
- Natural Order base armour reduction rescaled to 30/45/60/75%

Ember Spirit

- Add 0.2 cast point to Sleight of Fist and Fire Remnant

Leshrac

- Reduce stun delay on Split Earth to 0.15 seconds, increase radius to 180/200/220/240
- Rescale Lightning Storm damage to 100/150/200/250
- When Leshrac is picked, enemy tower glyph starts on cooldown

Mirana

- Max stun time of Sacred Arrow reduced to 3.5/4/4.5/5
- Int gain increased from 1.65 to 1.8

Omniknight

- Purification adds a health regen bonus of 3/4/5/6 for 20 seconds on the target.

- Degen Aura gains an active element, allowing him to cast it on an enemy hero and reduce their movement/attack speed by 20/30/40/50% (ms %, as raw). Costs 80 mana, range 500, lasts 4 seconds at all levels, 15 second CD. Passive element is disabled while active on cooldown.

Shadow Demon

- Shadow Poison now inflicts a movement slow of 3%/4%/5%/6% per stack for 2 seconds when activated.
- Demonic Purge now inflicts a mini-stun at the start and end of it's duration.

Slark

- Pounce leash duration rescaled to 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds
- Dark Pact now purges and inflicts damage over a 0.5 second period instead of 1 second
- Shadow Dance no longer interacts with enemy wards. Vision from them is ignored. Speed buff no longer stacks with the bonus movement from Shadow Blade.

Templar Assassin

- When Refraction's defensive element is active, a semi-transparent purple bubble will be shown around the hero

Rubick

- Null Field is rescaled to 12%/16%/20%/24% magic resistance
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 20, 2015 11:27am | Report
Lol, I was actually writing my own 6.84 changelog and then Sando's came out :)

A lot of the stuff here I actually suggested almost the same a few weeks ago ( Slark, Dragon Knight, Ember Spirit) so I completely agree with almost everything.

Mirana : I completely agree that level 1 Sacred Arrow stunning for 5 seconds is one of the most broken things in the game. However she's not a very good hero right now because she doesn't scale in any way and she's not very good late game (6-slotted level 25 Mirana is maybe just a tiny bit better than level 9 Mirana with drum as only item, but after all not that much). So she doesn't need a nerf, therefore I would suggest a late game buff to compensate.
e.g : base attack time improved to 1.6 / 1.55.

null field is already pretty good IMO.

Nice!
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » February 20, 2015 11:38am | Report
It must be a small world, since I've been writing my thoughts on one as well haha xD

I think you've glitched on Beastmaster, since didn't the last patch give him a Boar at level 1...?

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 20, 2015 11:42am | Report
Thanks! I have shamelessly pinched good ideas from various sources and added some of my own - generally the things I find most broken/UP at the moment.

DK needs more ganking power since he's pretty much a mid now, Imba would be fine with some cast time, Slark's changes are a combination of nerfs and buffs, the main one I want is that leash scaling.

Mirana's arrows - absolutely, they're quite broken with a little setup. I'm fine with giving her a bit more late game to compensate.

null field - 5% is a bit meh, and by the time you level it, magic damage isn't such a big deal anyway. Wanted to make him more relevant as the "anti-magic damage support". I'd be fine with 10/15/20/25% too, but I think that skill needs to offer more for 1 point.

Rest are changes to what I consider "weaker" heroes in the current meta - Leshrac especially needs some love as the meta changes have crippled him.

Refraction I find annoying, I think it's a fair change as it still forces you to count hits, but gives better visual feedback. Obv it doesn't show when she's invisible.

My changes to Omni and Brood are probably the most controversial. I think Omni needs more laning presence to be a genuine support instead of a millstone early game, don't think I've over done it.

Brood...well I think she's kinda broken at the moment. I want to make her a bit more consistent against different kinds of opponent while trying to retain her character and strengths.

BM's boar - not according to our DB, I haven't really played him much recently as the changes to the dire layout have made him really bad in the offlane.

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » February 20, 2015 11:50am | Report
Sando wrote:

BM's boar - not according to our DB, I haven't really played him much recently as the changes to the dire layout have made him really bad in the offlane.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Beastmaster#Balance_Changelog Yeah, it got changed in 6.83, and made him kind of more relevent in competitive play. Even has seen some support play.

And I'd say the actual buff to axes is the best thing that could happen to him, since he can still stack and farm ancients (Only using a Boar instead of his Axes themselves).

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » February 20, 2015 12:54pm | Report
del.

Nevermind, I will create a separate thread for that.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 20, 2015 4:07pm | Report
omg sando dimony hamster stop making patch note ideas pls i start it and people do follow?

dotoforo pls
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 20, 2015 4:09pm | Report
"When Leshrac is picked, Glyph starts on cooldown"

:D

Why does Omni need a buff?

I really like the Rubick change, his skills scale terribly.

The Ember is good.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 21, 2015 3:48am | Report
Omni is basically dead weight in lane, sure he can protect you from ganks, but he has minimal offensive power without levels and mana, can't really offlane on his own against a decent trilane, and can't really gank as a mid. Sure, he's great late, but you have to carry him so much early game.

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 21, 2015 3:58am | Report
Sando wrote:

you have to carry him so much early game.

But as soon as he gets his Refresher Orb it's pretty much autowin so he reaally doesn't need a buff xD

He's a *greedy* support. Greedy!
Item independent hard supports with good lane presence don't make your team immune to damage for 20 seconds xD

Besides Purification + Repel in lane is already pretty good.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved