Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Phantom Assassin ultimate rework ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Phantom Assassin ultimate rework ideas 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » May 17, 2015 1:25am | Report
@mrlocket I removed the dagger crit so that she has to go right up and personal to deal her damage instead of being a chance-based Sniper. But she becomes more effective at close range because of the increased crit chance on the daggered target. However, the increased crit chance is always limited to one target, unless you get an aghs. You could make it viable by letting the daggers hit enemies in the fog and/or giving dagger spray a very long range. I mean, why wouldn't you love a blink-cancelling 50% slow and vision on your enemies that pretty much makes them stay in the same place as long as you're attacking them? (Remember that the crit chance is around 30% when attacking enemies with dagger debuff, so your crit chance will always be high when attacking with aghs)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 17, 2015 4:04am | Report
?

@me?

i havent commented

have i?>

i dont know well now i have

WHAT IS HAPPENEING

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » May 17, 2015 5:29am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

?

@me?

i havent commented

have i?>

i dont know well now i have

WHAT IS HAPPENEING

Mistakes were made *hides in corner and edits post*

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » May 17, 2015 6:34am | Report
She's a 1v1 hero… doesn't really match her style.

If I was to rework her id be something like this:

Q. Phantom Dagger
PA throws a phantom dagger at the foe. The foe loses a portion of their maximum health and be slowed for the duration of the dagger. It will fade after a short time. The HP will be given back and slow will be removed if the target has not been killed yet.

HP Loss: 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 %
Slow : 33%
Duration : 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 seconds
Mana: 50
Cooldown: 12 / 10 / 8 / 6

W. Mad Dash
PA jumps to a unit with blinding speed and strikes. Can be casted an indefinite number of times as long as a target is in range Each successive dash has a longer cast range. Cannot be cast on the same unit twice in a 5 second period after the last cast on that unit.

Manacost: 15
Cast Range + : 50

E. Blur
PA can only be seen in a certain area by enemies. This area includes in a 400 dotaunit radius and a 90 degree cone in front of them. When PA enters this zone, she gains an attack speed bonus. When outside of it, she gains a movement speed bonus.

AS Bonus: 35 / 45 / 55 / 65
MS Bonus : 25%

Ult. Coup de Grace

PA deals massive crits to her enemies. If she lands a killing blow on an enemy hero, it increases he damage of her crits.

Starting Crit : 180 / 290 / 400
Additional Percent : 5 / 7 / 9

I feel like this is OP.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 17, 2015 8:22am | Report
how about getting a crit refreshes her blink strike cd? so like

"sensing her targets weakness mortred strikes again ...and fast."

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RazeMage » May 17, 2015 10:56am | Report
I think PA focuses on executing enemies so i suggest this change :
Coup de Grace : auto attacking enemy below 20/35/50% health will always trigger the crit. This 100% crit chance can only happen to the same enemy once every 15s.
Aghanim's Scepter : Stifling Dagger and Phantom Strike now pierces BKB. Additionally, killling an enemy refreshes Phantom Assassin's abilities

RazeMage

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 17, 2015 11:59am | Report
Blubbles wrote:

W. Mad Dash
PA jumps to a unit with blinding speed and strikes. Can be casted an indefinite number of times as long as a target is in range Each successive dash has a longer cast range. Cannot be cast on the same unit twice in a 5 second period after the last cast on that unit.

Manacost: 15
Cast Range + : 50

E. Blur
PA can only be seen in a certain area by enemies. This area includes in a 400 dotaunit radius and a 90 degree cone in front of them. When PA enters this zone, she gains an attack speed bonus. When outside of it, she gains a movement speed bonus.

AS Bonus: 35 / 45 / 55 / 65
MS Bonus : 25%

The W sounds kinda OP to me. If there were a 5v5 engagement PA could basically infinitely jump from target to target. If she hits each target a few times before going on to the next, that 5seconds limiter will already have expired.

How does the E interact with multiple targets? lets say she is within this zone of 1 hero, but outside it of another.

The Q idea seems nice, but imo lacks synergy with the rest of her skills.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SauSaGe32007 » May 18, 2015 12:10pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I think PA focuses on executing enemies so i suggest this change :
Coup de Grace : auto attacking enemy below 20/35/50% health will always trigger the crit. This 100% crit chance can only happen to the same enemy once every 15s.
Aghanim's Scepter : Stifling Dagger and Phantom Strike now pierces BKB. Additionally, killling an enemy refreshes Phantom Assassin's abilities

I like your idea ,but Aghanim's sceptre upgrade is too powerful for 4200g

SauSaGe32007

Steam: AdmiraL-SauSaGe ftGw
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » May 19, 2015 12:02pm | Report
What if aghanims would give PA permanent evasion? Like 15/20% even with true strike? She would be much more viable late game, and people might even not bother getting true sight because of that, which would make her a pain to deal with
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 19, 2015 2:08pm | Report
CapnDaft wrote:

What if aghanims would give PA a permanent miss percentage? Like 15/20% even with true strike? She would be much more viable late game, and people might even not bother getting true sight because of that, which would make her a pain to deal with

I think you mean evasion?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved