Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Personal best hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Personal best hero? 51 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by gaybear » February 13, 2013 3:28pm | Report
Who is your best hero?
Why are they your best hero?
What do you do differently then normal people to make them your best hero?

gaybear

Steam: Dat_GayBear
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kruggles » February 13, 2013 4:17pm | Report
Personally, I find myself doing well with Brewmaster most of the time. I am hardly a dominating force on the battlefield with him, but his style lends himself very well to low-level pub play. All his abilities do well at evening the odds against most Carries, which are very prevalent at that level of play. I have honestly held my own against a Nightstalker three levels ahead of me on my own at night due to the excessive amount of anti-auto-attack abilities. His ultimate and passive up his surviveability significantly as well, which helps with that a lot.

Usually, what makes me successful with him is giving myself some Str items and other such things to increase his surviveability as well as help dish out some more damage for team fights. He's hardly the carry, but I usually get my name on quite a number of assists by making sure as many opponents as possible are suffering from too much alcohol to the face.
Fire: If it isn't solving all your problems, then you simply aren't using it enough.

Kruggles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » February 13, 2013 4:21pm | Report
Beastmaster. He's my best hero because he's my best hero. I just play him really well. I play a pretty standard Beastmaster, if you're good with a hero it's not that you do something different than most people, you just achieve what they're trying to do and actually make it work.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by drakon136 » February 13, 2013 4:39pm | Report
My best hero would definitely be Batrider or Keeper of the Light. I generally go tankier with Batrider, and use an Illuminate-spam build on Keeper. The latter is quite effective if I end up soloing a lane.

drakon136

Notable (3)
Steam: SURGE.drakon136
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » February 13, 2013 6:32pm | Report
I have been doing real well with Natures prophet and Lycan. Just jungle well and micro the wolves and treants so they don't die and split the damage all around. Then its about ganks. Lycan with his ulti is crazy good dps mid-game and pubs just dont know how to counter him. I side push with Natures prophet and go sheepstick and deso(takes out tower armor). I go the pretty common build though.
Lycan- Vlads rush (with boots) into skull basher and assault cuirass.
NP- sheepstick and deso mostly with alot of side pushing.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » February 14, 2013 1:31am | Report
Juggernaut, Lina, and Shadow Shaman

Edit: just recently looked at my dotabuff, apparently I'm good with Beastmaster as well. *shrug*
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yoda » February 14, 2013 2:39am | Report
My best heroes are probably Keeper of the Light if going support, Templar Assassin or Silencer if going carry. I hardly ever lose as Enchantress tho. I cant decide my fav, im still pretty new to the game and havent found that perfect hero for me yet.
"Success is like being pregnant, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you were f**ked."

Yoda

Notable (9)
Steam: useyourname1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » February 14, 2013 8:38am | Report
Spectre - Amazing hero, and I love having so much mobility. I'm fairly good at doing two things at once such as pushing a lane and checking another area for possible Nightmare-> Reality activations.

Meepo - Also a lot of fun to play with. Farming 3 lanes at once, and then having them all appear in the heat of battle is awesome. I've come to get good at controlling multiple Meeopos.

Crystal Maiden - Very effective slowing, disabling and the mana regen is useful to herself and others. Really a excellent hero, and I've played her so much I've become quite good at knowing when to ulti and when not.

Rubick - My favourite hero so far. Versatile, very useful disable, and the possibility of having a second disable, AoE, or even buffs.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 14, 2013 9:25am | Report
For some reason,I do well Leshrac and Jakiro,although I don't really like them.On a carry standpoint,I do really well with Faceless Void.

My best mid hero would be inbetween Shadow Fiend/ Invoker/ Kunkka.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Drink Impossibrew » February 14, 2013 3:28pm | Report
I'm pretty sure statisticly my best heroes are kotl PL and slardar
my personal favorite is rubick because i rarely play the same hero twice in a row, and rubick is a "different hero" depending on the enemy team comp which keeps things interesting

Drink Impossibrew

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved