Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Orchid on Weaver?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Orchid on Weaver? 9 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Is it a valid item on Weaver?
Absolutely!
Of course not!
Completely situational.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 15, 2013 10:12pm | Report
I've been looking to change up my Weaver item builds, since I've always went for Medallion + Desolator. Then I thought, Orchid Malevolence might work. It has a nice build up, gives damage and attack speed and has that worthwhile active that prevents spellcasters from disabling you and rendering them useless in a fight. Plus, it makes Weaver a smart bug. Any thoughts on this?

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 16, 2013 1:31am | Report
I'll vote situational, since it doesn't provide as much damage as a Radiance / Desolator / Daedalus / etc. but could be useful for shutting down Nukers if they're giving you trouble and you feel you can wait for a significant damage/survivability item.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » June 16, 2013 1:46am | Report
Same here, situational. However, if you're really gonna go orchid, you would need another damage item, preferably daedalus since weaver relies heavily on dealing damage.

Well, in the end, you still need to equip yourself with some damage items, if not, grabbing orchid only will make you a support. and we all know that is not how weaver is usually played.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » June 16, 2013 5:35am | Report
Very situational, if they had someone like Queen of Pain or a squishy chain caster, I'd buy one but that's basically it.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 16, 2013 5:44am | Report
Ok, so Orchid is a vey situational item. If I cannot get Orchid and I don't want to go for the items mentioned in the OP as my first big damage item, what else do I get that might be effective?

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » June 16, 2013 5:51am | Report
There really isn't much, for damage Daedalus or Monkey King Bar, etc. For survival, Linken's Sphere is very popular, you can try Eye of Skadi if you can farm that gold or Black King Bar if you're under a lot of nuking pressure.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 16, 2013 6:06am | Report
Dayum... Any defensive items that Weaver can get as a first core?

Maybe I'll try a Maelstrom sometime soon (although it probably won't work and screw my team up big time). I hope it'll work.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp12 » June 16, 2013 8:10am | Report
Weaver actually does tons of early game damage from his shuku-chi, geminate, and bugs. You can just rush a Linkens as a defensive item and be OK. Manta, BKB, Hood are all viable first items as well.

If you're after more damage you can go phase/medallion/deso.
Feel free to check out my guides for Spectre, Dragon Knight, Siren, Medusa, Sniper, Disruptor, or Void. They're pretty cool.

Sp12

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 16, 2013 3:28pm | Report
Sp12 wrote:

Weaver actually does tons of early game damage from his shuku-chi, geminate, and bugs. You can just rush a Linkens as a defensive item and be OK. Manta, BKB, Hood are all viable first items as well.

If you're after more damage you can go phase/medallion/deso.

Omg, I completely forgot about Yasha as an offensive item! :O Gotta go try it out!

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved