Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nyx Without Dagon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Nyx Without Dagon 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Salawayun » December 2, 2012 5:56am | Report
Rushing for a Dagon isn't all that bad, the thing is, you'll end up a 1-trick pony who can't do anything else but just to try and burst people down, good from early to the mid-game phase, bad call when it comes to late game. Also, it doesn't take a lot of brains for people to pop in Sentries making the famed Vend-Stun-Burn-Dagon easily counterable.

Salawayun

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrinceSitri » December 5, 2012 1:18am | Report
The job of a Nyx Assassin is to gank squishy carries so they will be kept on check and for that he needs his burst damage and a Dagon but level one of it is enough though so you can actually buy the things you've listed. We can't say that Dagon is necessary or not for him because it's a matter of personal opinion but it would make your job easier and will help you earn money faster for your preferred items late game. Plus an enemy escaping on the brink of death is annoying especially when you only need just a few more hits and Dagon will be that hit. Think of it as an INSURANCE, besides...your ultimate is not always up so you don't always have a burst damage.

PrinceSitri

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LordDraigo » December 5, 2012 12:26pm | Report
I actualy like the idea of a dagon being core on Nyx. I mean, why is it taken for granted that PK's are core for initiation, but dagons is not core for gankers.
Sad there is no Nyx Picture :(

Steam: Nareik123, Nickname: LordDraigo. Hit me up for some team stuff.

LordDraigo

Steam: nareik123
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fuzzgun91 » December 7, 2012 9:45pm | Report
LordDraigo wrote:

I actualy like the idea of a dagon being core on Nyx. I mean, why is it taken for granted that PK's are core for initiation, but dagons is not core for gankers.

The difference is that the ganker needs the items sooner in the game, while its still laning phase. Initiators don't need their item till teamfights.

Fuzzgun91

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved