Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Meta or Old?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » New Meta or Old? 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 25, 2015 6:10am | Report
So i was thinking a strat.

It is a "Full shut down strat"

So basically is choosing 5 strong laners which would shut down enemy laner and securing the game

While still keeping synergies and proper farm priority with the heroes

Thoughts?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 25, 2015 6:19am | Report
the meta is sort of like that, with strong dual offlanes who bully themself into the enemy safelane.
but keep in mind that you dont have to flat out win every lane, which is really hard, but getting a much better trade is already really good.

if the enemy uses a standard trilane with not too strong supports, you can run strong duallanes instead so both your sidelanes will get farm, and their safelaner doesnt get freefarm.

for instance, you run a strong dual safelane with a carry who can solo decently, and doesnt get contested by the offlaner once he is ahead in levels and farm. jugger, troll, drow with visage. exetera.
meanwhile you run something like beastmaster ogre magi in the offlane, who are tanky and will force themselves into lane by trading hits and even threatening them with slows.

strong contesting duallanes>>>>>>>agressive trilanes.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 25, 2015 6:24am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

So i was thinking a strat.

It is a "Full shut down strat"

So basically is choosing 5 strong laners which would shut down enemy laner and securing the game

While still keeping synergies and proper farm priority with the heroes

Thoughts?

ahh,
This brings back memories......
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 25, 2015 6:26am | Report
Pretty bad strategy in the current patch IMO.

Winning your lanes doesn't guarantee you that you win the game, because the only way to win at that point is to snowball into a push and the whole point of the recent patches was to nerf this.

Most "lane dominators" like Undying, Viper, Silencer etc don't offer that much besides, well, lane presence. Once the laning stage is over they're just not that good compared to other picks.

Enemy team will simply come back with heroes that scale better by farming or ganking afterwards.

There's not much point in going for lane presence in the current meta, this is the patch where you go full greed Spectre + Omniknight dual safe lane and win the late game from comeback gold xD

Generally I feel that since the meta encourages ricing it's pretty easy to come back from losing your lane by either going for solo pickoffs or by simply having better teamfight.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 25, 2015 6:39am | Report
Hamster off topic do you have a dotabuff?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 25, 2015 8:45pm | Report
Undying not good after laning stage? What?

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 25, 2015 9:14pm | Report
Silencer not good after lane?
Wtf is his ulti for?
He has another silence with him to boot.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 26, 2015 12:10am | Report
Undying after 25-30 minutes is essentially just a tank that amplifies damage and slows around him. That's it. As soon as Tombstone dies in 3 hits the hero drops off HARD. Any commentator will say the same. He's pretty much the definition of a "win lane lose game" hero. Why else would he get buffed in every patch?

Silencer is exactly what you say : a walking ulti. That's...not much for a hero. Global Silence is extremely situational/niche because the only real use of this skill is to counter wombo combo in teamfights and disable Blink Daggers globally with Aghs. Unless you're snowaballing hard and playing right-click carry Silencer (which can work, don't take me wrong, but it's very unreliable), if you're not facing specific BKB initiators like Enigma, his ulti is pretty much a Drow with Blink Dagger. And GS can be dispelled by at least 4 items in the game. Seriously, in a lot of games, the hero really feels...useless.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 26, 2015 12:30am | Report
So the laning phase ends in 20-30 minutes? He wins the game easily with Tombstone if you can combo it up with your draft.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 26, 2015 12:52am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

So the laning phase ends in 20-30 minutes? He wins the game easily with Tombstone if you can combo it up with your draft.

Tombstone is pretty usefull in some situations, mostly because pubs cant deal with it, but of your laning stage didnt go well undying is probably the most useless hero in the game.
Luckily pubs also suck at laning against any hero with heal or other source of sustain. (Necro and abbadon)

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved