Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Meta Doom?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » New Meta Doom? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 17, 2015 5:38am | Report
This may or may not take the award for dumbest idea ever... basically, I just found out that Doom's Scorched Earth affects units under his control. Not only that, but Assault Cuirass and Vladimir's Offering are common items on him.

Which leads me to... Necronomicon Doom?

This can be viewed as a pushing rat build, but it's basically just a subpar Lycan if used like that. My thoughts moved to a teamfight purpose, with super-fast Necro units running after people. Doom himself could contribute further by eating one of three creeps: the Dark Troll Summoner, for extra units; the Alpha Wolf, for bonus damage to the units; and the Hellbear Smasher, for the attack speed aura and thunder clap. Obviously, this build pushes like a monster - comparable to Lycan, actually, especially if you go full ****** and get a HotD (in this case it's viable to go full ******). But it also functions amazingly as a semicarry depending on your ability to micro.

What does this give that Lycan doesn't? Well, first, Doom is amazing. You also have a lot of nuke damage and early aggression, and more creeps = more auras and team utility. I see this as functioning on an offlane Doom where he isn't the main carry, and the team needs some pushing power.

Well, we all knew Doom was versatile... but really?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 17, 2015 6:49am | Report
Still can't beat my brilliant Aghanim's Scepter - Refresher Orb - Octarine Core Nature's Prophet. Deal with it.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » May 19, 2015 1:21am | Report
Cool, but probably not. I feel that it might be okay situationally, but you should still prioritize, as always, Armor. Might be good situationally though. Techies beware the slightly more efficient Necronomicon.

By the way, how did you get Doom to show the hero? Can the same thing work with Anti Mage's Blink?

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » May 19, 2015 2:56am | Report
I don't know about blink but for heroes you actually say the name of the hero like Rigwarl or Lucifer and then bracket it for Bristleback and Doom
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 19, 2015 9:30am | Report
I could be ok, but you also need blink to initiate, BKB most of the time, aghs a lot of the time, and refresher lategame. With probably a shivas somehere too.
So where do you fit in the necro? I guess you could do it in a zoo strat along with lycan or something. Then you dont need the blink so early since you are just pushing towers down with your team without the enemy really fighting you.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 19, 2015 9:34am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

I could be ok, but you also need blink to initiate, BKB most of the time, aghs a lot of the time, and refresher lategame. With probably a shivas somehere too.
So where do you fit in the necro? I guess you could do it in a zoo strat along with lycan or something. Then you dont need the blink so early since you are just pushing towers down with your team without the enemy really fighting you.

That was the plan. Go full push mode and YOLO mid.

Say
SF mid
Doom offlane
Gyro safelane
Venge safelane
Dazzle safelane

Fight into that early, hmm?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 19, 2015 11:09am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

That was the plan. Go full push mode and YOLO mid.

Say
SF mid
Doom offlane
Gyro safelane
Venge safelane
Dazzle safelane

Fight into that early, hmm?

Lycan
Necro/beastmaster
Doom
Visage
Dazzle/WD

ZOO STRAT INCOMING =D

I remember a game where i played lycan mid with bunkan, zerca i think cause we had jakiro, and some other dotafire guys, where i forced bunkan luna to go necrobook.
Pretty much i ratted and then we pushed and took fights with the zoo. =D

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved