Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

new invoker combo...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » new invoker combo... 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ting358 » April 27, 2013 3:19am | Report
so, the usual tornado deafening blast and tornado emp or tornado ice wall coldsnap etc etc combos are pretty old and boring now
please post any fresh or new ideas for invoker combos!

ting358

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » May 13, 2013 1:26am | Report
I don't think Invoker has any undiscovered combos. Ghost Walk is not something you can combo, and Alacrity is situational. Forged Spirits is only a good combo with cold snap, not to mention that's only in the early-mid game. Cold Snap is only a good combo with Ice Wall, and you don't even need that because usually your teammates' auto attacks will suffice. Ice Wall basically synergizes with most of his spells because all of them are AOE but should not be one of the 3 spells in a combo as it is used defensively. So this limits his possible (offensive) combos to 5 spells plus the occasional Euls.

TL;DR, no.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » May 14, 2013 2:16pm | Report
Yeah, Ice Wall is a really nice spell. Ive had good results with a Meatball into a vertical Ice Wall combo then throw out the deafening blast as it rolls. If you catch the wall right, it'll do wonders.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zGKrom » May 15, 2013 7:27am | Report
Tornado into Meteor and Deafening Blast is the basic AOE combo for mid game. This however changes late game due to Q making Tornado last for 2.5 seconds. This gives you room to cast EMP before Meteor and a later positioning of Ice Wall.

Tornado and Sunstrike are the best kill secure tools if you time them correctly

Cold Snap Forge Spirits and then Alacrity makes for a good single target CC with armor reduction and some decent right click damage.

Cold Snap Alacrity and Deafening Blast is a good combo for amazing CC and mana burn.

Of course you can add skills according to the situation it is hard to judge.
The Bird of Hermes is My name, eating My wings to make Me tame.

zGKrom
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: Krom
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ting358 » May 31, 2013 12:03pm | Report
well, it looks like from this few replies ive concluded that the best combo is adaption... since the combos are usually initiations, after that its all situational, so i guess it was dumb for asking for 'combo ideas' for a game as complex and changing as dota, but thanks lots to everyone posting here!

ting358

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » June 25, 2013 2:31am | Report
i like using

meteor -> deafening blast -> sunstrike while knocbacked -> tornado -> EMP

and maybe an ice wall between tornado and EMP. tho positioning the icewall puts you in danger
so its situational and must be considered at that time.
use the rest of your spells to finish them off
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » June 25, 2013 3:59am | Report
Droes wrote:

i like using

meteor -> deafening blast -> sunstrike while knocbacked -> tornado -> EMP

and maybe an ice wall between tornado and EMP. tho positioning the icewall puts you in danger
so its situational and must be considered at that time.
use the rest of your spells to finish them off

All that spells used in a rapid succession will require an Aghanim's Scepter
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » June 26, 2013 8:45pm | Report
You should start thinking about adding items to combos. You probably already do without think about it much. For example: Euls into sunstrike, Tornado into Shiva's, etc.

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DotaIce » June 26, 2013 10:03pm | Report
meateor then ttornado the ice wall is relly good

DotaIce

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FancyFish » July 3, 2013 4:53pm | Report
I like Chaos Meteor then Cold Snap. You can add in Defeaning Blast, but I've pulled it off without it. The burn time from the Meatball will proc the coldsnap.

FancyFish

Notable (1)
Steam: FancyFish

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved