Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Necro-Push / Tri-Lyte

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Necro-Push / Tri-Lyte 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 23, 2013 5:00am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

"Thoughts? Is it flawed, is it good/bad? As long as you don't shove his vanilla in my face then I'll take your opinion seriously."
You need to read full posts before you comment.

Necrolyte is item dependent, and if you read any of which was said you'd know that in a tri-lane you play him like a Nyx so he gets more then sufficient exp in a kill lane. There's two playstyles here if you didn't realize you can go either pusher or tri-lane.

I also said that you don't pick up bottle, he's not a good mid. You can't gank, you have no rune control, and are easily out denied / and under last hitted. Read before you give feedback and shove a standard build at people.

I actually read what you posted and I replied with my opinion. If you don't accept someone's else opinion, then don't make threads asking for it.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 23, 2013 5:08am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I actually read what you posted and I replied with my opinion. If you don't accept someone's else opinion, then don't make threads asking for it.

I said right in the first post, I would not take you seriously if you talked vanilla, its a theory crafting forum. You clearly didn't read which forum this was or the idea behind it, you just said everything that I just pointed out instead of finding a way or pointing a way out to fill in this gap.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 23, 2013 5:18am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

I said right in the first post, I would not take you seriously if you talked vanilla, its a theory crafting forum. You clearly didn't read which forum this was or the idea behind it, you just said everything that I just pointed out instead of finding a way or pointing a way out to fill in this gap.

I just said why I don't like your idea and specified the way I play him, the way I consider it's the best.

You don't have to whine so much about it.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 23, 2013 5:31am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I just said why I don't like your idea and specified the way I play him, the way I consider it's the best.

You don't have to whine so much about it.

I'm not whining, in fact you're the one who's crying over the fact I didn't take your opinion to heart because I pointed out in the first post that I do not want talk about standard builds. Contribute to the idea since it is theory crafting, throw out some alternatives, not some dull "I don't like it" response. If I find him lacking as a mid, maybe point out some ways to improve his mid experience.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 23, 2013 5:35am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

I'm not whining, in fact you're the one who's crying over the fact I didn't take your opinion to heart because I pointed out in the first post that I do not want talk about standard builds. Contribute to the idea since it is theory crafting, throw out some alternatives, not some dull "I don't like it" response. If I find him lacking as a mid, maybe point out some ways to improve his mid experience.

I never cried, also I mentioned why he's a good mid hero, read my previous post.
I just said the first two items, I didn't continue with the next ones. Arcane Boots and Mekansm can't be considered a full vanilla build.

Also, some people like you consider he's a bad mid hero, so I explained why he's good on mid, it's an alternative way to play him on lane.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 23, 2013 5:42am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I never cried, also I mentioned why he's a good mid hero, read my previous post.
I just said the first two items, I didn't continue with the next ones. Arcane Boots and Mekansm can't be considered a full vanilla build.

Also, some people like you consider he's a bad mid hero, so I explained why he's good on mid, it's an alternative way to play him on lane.

No you just said he's good at mid after I pointed out why he's bad at mid. If your idea of a good mid is having no ganking potential, rune control or being able to actually take the tower, then you might as well consider him in mid equal to a suicide lane, but worse since you actually let the enemy slam on your other lanes.

Arcane / Mek is considered a standard build, I even mentioned it in a response to a user in this very thread. Even the play style that you recommended is a standard, hence why you're not contributing to any sort of crafting.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 23, 2013 5:44am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

No you just said he's good at mid after I pointed out why he's bad at mid. If your idea of a good mid is having no ganking potential, rune control or being able to actually take the tower, then you might as well consider him in mid equal to a suicide lane, but worse since you actually let the enemy slam on your other lanes.

Arcane / Mek is considered a standard build, I even mentioned it in a response to a user in this very thread. Even the play style that you recommended is a standard, hence why you're not contributing to any sort of crafting.

That's your opinion. I have mine.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 23, 2013 5:48am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

That's your opinion. I have mine.

Good cop-out dude but your opinion is not based on facts, and you're just arguing for the sake of it, if you don't have anything constructive to say then I ask that you leave my thread.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 23, 2013 5:58am | Report
Necrolyte is wonderful on mid,because he can self sustain.That's it.No need for any kind of rune control ********,because he is not supposed to gank early(he doesn't gank pre 6).Its the same **** with some more known mid heroes,like: Invoker.His rune control is ********,one of the worst in the game due to the low MS he has.Still,he is one of the best mids because he can selfsustain with Quas.

Another good example would be Shadow Fiend.Execrable health,still regarded as a good mid due to the nukes he has(that doesn't mean he has less lane control than necrolyte).

Bloodseeker,0 lane control against other heroes(maybe except Pudge pre 6),and 0 rune control.

Now let's see why necrolyte is decent:
Highly spammable nuke
Decent last hit animation
Decent base damage(you can grab some Iron Branches/ Mantle of Intelligences to further boost it.
SELFSUSTAIN,even if the rune control is poor,he can SELFSUSTAIN.Same thing with Invoker.

Necro might be good in a tri-lane,but he is not to be overlooked as a mid semi-carry.And the vanilla build is the meka/pipe one,not the carry travels/radiance one.So I don't know why you complain like little children that steal each others candy.Take a chill pill,both of you.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 23, 2013 6:09am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Mid

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved