Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Meepo's role in competitive dota

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Meepo's role in competitive dota 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 13, 2013 11:18am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

And have you ever been jungle warded, or constantly camped?

Bottom line, Meepo is a pubstar pick. He's only good against low-tier players and only able to be executed properly by a seasoned player. People like to talk-up heroes because on paper they look insane, but when put in a non-controlled environment they melt.

Every jungler gets warded. So you mean to say we cant play junglers just cause the get camped n warded? buy sentries brother, wards of your own. Let the supports pool.
I have played meepo, i CAN play meepo. the skill of others is hardly a relative factor compared to your own. Pubs suck at meepo. Meepo is on hell of a hero. Those who cant manage him are scared of him.
In the words of the great Ezio Auditore da Firenze - You condemn what you do not understand.

He is a great hero and you cant shut him down as easily as you would think.
all you need is 1-2 stacked camps to get back in the game. Meepo is the fastest farmer alive. Not even antimage can farm as fast as him.
Just rax it up in 30-35 min. Do not drag it out. You lose your advantage.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » September 13, 2013 11:41am | Report

Every jungler gets warded. So you mean to say we cant play junglers just cause the get camped n warded? buy sentries brother, wards of your own. Let the supports pool.
I have played meepo, i CAN play meepo. the skill of others is hardly a relative factor compared to your own. Pubs suck at meepo. Meepo is on hell of a hero. Those who cant manage him are scared of him.
In the words of the great Ezio Auditore da Firenze - You condemn what you do not understand.

He is a great hero and you cant shut him down as easily as you would think.
all you need is 1-2 stacked camps to get back in the game. Meepo is the fastest farmer alive. Not even antimage can farm as fast as him.
Just rax it up in 30-35 min. Do not drag it out. You lose your advantage.

He starts with a very weak autoattack, and brings practically nothing to the lane levels 1-4. Enemy trilanes have wet dreams about being put against a Meepo, because he is just so easy to feed off of, and he can't do anything to stop it. He's also easy to gank, since his clones don't get any of his items except for boots (yes they get stats but get a severe lack of utility compared to the original Meepo). Pubs aren't really scared of Meepo, because even in pubs, against a good Meepo, they can still be dealt with with smoke ganks and lane control. Far more scared of something I know is powerful rather than something easy to control. I'd far rather go against a good Meepo than a good Puck or Tinker, just because there actually are a limited number of ways you can really deal with them.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ezreal loves Sona » September 14, 2013 2:06am | Report
Atlas wrote:

He starts with a very weak autoattack, and brings practically nothing to the lane levels 1-4. Enemy trilanes have wet dreams about being put against a Meepo, because he is just so easy to feed off of, and he can't do anything to stop it. He's also easy to gank, since his clones don't get any of his items except for boots (yes they get stats but get a severe lack of utility compared to the original Meepo). Pubs aren't really scared of Meepo, because even in pubs, against a good Meepo, they can still be dealt with with smoke ganks and lane control. Far more scared of something I know is powerful rather than something easy to control. I'd far rather go against a good Meepo than a good Puck or Tinker, just because there actually are a limited number of ways you can really deal with them.

just counter with our own trilane.

I think meepo's greatest weakness is not his lane inflexibility (he can only be placed in safe lane i presume), his abysmal laning presence, or the veriety of ways to counter/shut him down, but rather his tendency to take exp from his allies. This forces any team with him in it to become overly reliant on him from mid-late game onwards. As a result, teams with meepo in it cannot have level dependent allies such as queen of pain or tinker.

Ezreal loves Sona

Steam: Hide Yo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 14, 2013 2:30am | Report

just counter with our own trilane.

I think meepo's greatest weakness is not his lane inflexibility (he can only be placed in safe lane i presume), his abysmal laning presence, or the veriety of ways to counter/shut him down, but rather his tendency to take exp from his allies. This forces any team with him in it to become overly reliant on him from mid-late game onwards. As a result, teams with meepo in it cannot have level dependent allies such as queen of pain or tinker.

You can do that, who said Queen of Pain can't be in the same team with Meepo? Since Meepo clones can jungle, and the other Meepo can just lane, so there is still 2 lanes free + the enemy jungle.

About Tinker, he can just farm himself ancient stacks, something that Meepo can't do.Also, if you got to late game with Meepo, you did something wrong.You either win the game in the mid game or at the start of the late game since any other carry kinda obelirates Meepo in a manfight.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ezreal loves Sona » September 14, 2013 2:54am | Report
according to my experience too many level dependent heroes become bad when they are put in the same team but i think that was a very biased opinion from me...

Ezreal loves Sona

Steam: Hide Yo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » September 14, 2013 12:38pm | Report
I like having meepo mid against a weak mid laner like mag or maybe dk. He can still get some cs but its the levels that he gets that lets him snowball harder.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 14, 2013 12:51pm | Report
Ancient Hero wrote:

I like having meepo mid against a weak mid laner like mag or maybe dk. He can still get some cs but its the levels that he gets that lets him snowball harder.

I like having Meepo in the enemy team. I'm pretty sure as Dragon Knight or Magnus I'd crush Meepo easily.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by saifthedestroyer » September 14, 2013 3:56pm | Report
Lets put this simply here if you have CC meepo is **** if you dont have CC you are probably already screwed and meepo will screw you over harder mid game meaning your carry has no farm and he cant do **** vs that double heart meepo. CC is the key vs a meepo
i rush mask of madness and basher on puck :3

saifthedestroyer
<Editor>

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » September 16, 2013 7:50am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I like having Meepo in the enemy team. I'm pretty sure as Dragon Knight or Magnus I'd crush Meepo easily.

I actually think mid Meepo is the best way to play him: you don't take the carry's place (safe/aggressive trilane, if we're talking about competitive matches) and you get quick levels. The main problem is the enemy laner: obviously, if you have to pick a mid and the enemy already has a QoP, Puck or OD you'd better leave Meepo for another match; alternatively, you can set up a dual mid (that's how n0tail played Meepo if I'm correct) with a support that harasses a lot.

Still, he's not played for many reasons: first because most of the time a competitive team is very flexible (think about Naga Siren who can support, go mid or even carry; Nyx Assassin that can support and mid; Gyro and Clock can occasionally support, too) and would probably perform an aggressive trilane against Meepo as they know your team would probably go dual mid for the majority of the early game. Another reason is that Meepo is very susceptible to ganks and can be easily killed in a few hits; even if you reach level 6/11 a pair of smoked supports scouting the jungle could kill one of your jungling friends before you can poof in with the others or out with the ganked one.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 16, 2013 2:32pm | Report
Yep excellent point Peppo (and the one I was about to make) - Meepo isn't very flexible, he needs the right situations and then he can be lethal...in the wrong place or the wrong time he's relatively easy to counter unless things go his way. That's what makes him a limited pick - competitive teams picks are usually pretty adaptable.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved