Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Luna initiator?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Luna initiator? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by famasofwar » November 2, 2014 7:15pm | Report
Shiva's Guard, Blink Dagger, Black King Bar, and then more damaging items that I will let your mind decide.

Assuming they have no bkb piercing ability, you could really team wipe with blinking in, using shiva + bkb, then ulting.

Not a secret that Luna's main issue is not being able to get their whole team together or having heroes run.

Just an idea, never tried it. Any thoughts though?
'

I see the gold being a huge issue since you would have to be ahead majorly to get enough stats to be able to survive and deal enough damage.

famasofwar

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 2, 2014 7:42pm | Report
you would need someone to go in first and get focused. wraith king would be good to try it out.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 2, 2014 7:52pm | Report
If the opportunity presents itself, you can run in, Black King Bar and Eclipse. I did it today and we ended up getting a Teamwipe (to be fair, they were clumped up under our Tier 2, with the rest of my Team nearby and clearly had no concept of Positioning). <}3

There are better Initiators than Luna, but any Hero can Initiate and should if they have the upper hand.

Luna's strength comes from being able to alternate between Split-Pushing with Glaives and Manta Style Illusions and Teamfighting with Eclipse and Lunar Blessing. Rather than Initiating fights, she's brillian at controlling the flow of the game. Trading Towers when the ohter team go 5-man Mid, Eclipse against any who dares to try and Solo her in a bad Position, and sending Illusions to chip away at the Towers.

It's no good having good Initiation if Luna is ensuring fights only happen when they suit her Team. 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 3, 2014 6:20am | Report
I did a build like this on Wraith King once, by buying Radiance and Shiva's Guard. Enemies had to choose:

-They hit me and get damaged by my items.
-They don't hit me and my items will deal even more damage.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved