Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Locked out of the Meta: Lifestealer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Locked out of the Meta: Lifestealer 21 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

Which approach seems best to remedy lifestealer?
Increase Mobility and Improve Infest
Improve Rage
A different approach
Cuttles, you crazy ****, Lifestealer is fine right now
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 21, 2015 11:48pm | Report
Oh man, I missed that. I thought I wrote he was super easy to kite, but I guess I didn't.

Maybe if his open wounds like damaged you if you cast a spell or something, that would fit the criteria and help against jumping and blinking bastards, maybe some initial damage to make it so you don't use wounds on your target only for them to dagger away (worst feeling in the world).

And he doesn't need to be in the spotlight, he should just have at least one place where he is playable, whether pubs or comp. He doesn't deserve the 6.79 Spirit Breaker unusability in all forms.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by chernobylcitybus » January 26, 2015 4:02am | Report
I like the rupture idea.
What if it gave him health the more the hero moved? Kinda like a reverse bs rupture.
That way if someone blinks or runs he regains some health.
I'm not sure if that should cause damage too.

chernobylcitybus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 26, 2015 5:32am | Report
I like the "rupture-lite" idea - not sure how you would implement it though. You want something that effects heroes with high mobility, but nothing too harsh against heroes who don't have Blink/imba-spirit type stuff.

Small amount of damage on cast to disable blink for 3 seconds? Silence/stun if you move more than X units in 0.1 seconds? Kinda helps, but if they move away fast then they're still kinda safe from him.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 26, 2015 6:47am | Report
I'd go something like that :

Open Wounds - additional effect on top of the slow/lifesteal :

If the affected unit moves beyond 1400 units away from the cast point before the effect expires, the target will be rooted (unable to move, blink or attack) for 1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds and his position is revealed to Lifestealer during the root duration.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » January 26, 2015 7:15am | Report
I definitely think Feast should move to being a max HP value, not current. Other than that, I think he will be more affected by buff/nerfs to other heroes than a rework of himself. He is pretty balanced, just has more specific uses IMO.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 26, 2015 8:15am | Report
No. What you suggested is an over buff. He doesn't need anything of that, except for CD on Infest. 330 MS? He has Open Wounds, there's no need of increasing MS. He needs armor buff. Starting armor 3 and rescaling on Open Wounds 200/300/400/600.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 26, 2015 8:23am | Report
^ me gusta

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » January 26, 2015 8:52am | Report
How about if Open Wounds was a purge? It removes every positif buffs. I feel like this would do for his lack of range. If that happens there would probably be a rescale of the CD. But then again thatd be awesome!
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 26, 2015 9:30am | Report
He needs nothing of big rework exercise or of that sort.

Feast can be max hp based like necro has his aura. There is nothing wrong with that

However, i think what he needs is that open wounds should be made his ultimate.
Open wounds cannot be dispelled. Gives perma 80% slow on enemy and 30% increased ms to lifestealer for the duration. Even if the enemy dies, ms buff is not dispelled.
Cd can be increased suitably . If unit is spell immune he wont be slowed but life leech still applies, so does lifestealer as buff.

So, it nerfs his early game but solidifies his mid game and early late game because late late game he wont stand to a true carry even with armor buff. There might be chance with this change.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Darkwra1th » January 28, 2015 6:36pm | Report
I think as a combo LS can still work with his recent ultimate rework, ive been meaning to experiment with stuff like Hawk Bombing with beast master and tinker (another hero whose fallen off recently) the general idea is that now you can have 2 hawks out (with good micro the new ultimate doesnt really matter unless countering something like a chen, enchantress or helm of the dominator creeps) at any given time you can have global ganking potential with certain teams, granted its not always going to work, but against high mobility heroes its a possibility, having a possible silence on tinker (deviating away from the split push tinker and going into move of a utility ganker to pair with a LS. with the silence and slow its easy enough to jump in with tinker BTS and blink from hawk from fog, with either LS in tinker or the hawk, use orchid to get the kill, and get out. On the other lanes you could have other pairs of heroes that can gank together, like a puck and dps NP. i just think with LS now is just finding a place for him but the current meta makes you think of the same ways to counter drafts. In the meta at the moment is Axe, Juggernaut and Troll Warlord, which means mass magic damage is one way to solve this except when BKBs are involved. with what i suggested, you have tinkers burst magic and hell if you dont want to go silence go hex, probably work just as well, but it gives you both right-click DPS and magic burst, the biggest problem i see with this though is farm. Going specifically with beast master, tinker and lifestealer, tinker and lifestealer need farm to execute this, Tinker needs BTS, hex/silence and blink, life stealer probably needs phase armlet + 1 item (early mid-early late game) but maybe thats the only scenario he will be useful under which he wont get picked except in high tier, which presents its own problem, people know how to counter them both.

But its just a theory, a really long possibility, but with good execution could work.

Darkwra1th

Steam: Kirito

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved