Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Line-up utilising techies

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Line-up utilising techies 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 5, 2014 7:08pm | Report
Hey guys! I've been experimenting with a possible line-up of ultimate turtling destruction, and this is the tentative strategy:

- 1 techies ('roaming')
- 1 Magnus (mid)
- Venomancer (support)
- Axe (offlane)
- Clinkz (carry)

And here's the game that we tried this in:
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1005141624

The general strategy was to farm and gank a little until Magnus has a blink, then we begin going 5 man, setting up plague wards, remote mines and stasis traps in offensive positions while we push towers. Think of them like a "base" to fall back to if you get initiated upon.

Following this, we slowly chip down their tower while Clinkz is split-pushing and farming an orchid. Clinkz can join the team to push as well, but when there is a stalemate, you can definitely count on Clinkz to lure away important core heroes since Clinkz is really difficult to kill. This will open up opportunities to destroy the enemy tower. Otherwise, Axe and Magnus can use their initiation power to destroy them by bringing them close to the mines. This line-up can push hard and fast with an empowered Clinkz, especially after a teamwipe.

Alternatives to this line-up is to replace Axe with another initiating offlaner that can tank (Tidehunter, Clockwerk, Elder Titan etc.), Venomancer with a pushing or teamfight support (Warlock, Leshrac, Skywrath, Oracle), Clinkz with another annoying split-pushing carry (Lycan, Antimage, Naga Siren etc.).

So far, there are a few weaknesses:

1. Faceless Void
If he manages to catch the whole team under a Chronosphere, remote mines can't save them from their doom since they can't be activated in the sphere.
SOLUTION - Pick Elder Titan and/or oracle in response to a void pick and place stasis traps to hopefully disable the void when he comes in to destroy your team.

2. Annoying split-pushers
One reason we need a Clinkz is to take these babies out before they get farmed. However, when they do, they seriously get annoying.
SOLUTION - after setting up the offensive mines, techies can go back to defend with remotes. Lycan also deals with most annoying split-pushers easy.

3. Magic immunity
I lost a techies game once because a PA BKB'd through my remotes to get to my ancient, which was subsequently destroyed by both her and Terrorblade. (We were doing a base race in another game, where our Clockwerk was utterly incompetent and we lost :()
SOLUTION - Magnus, Axe or clockwerk can initiate on these heroes for Clinkz to lay waste to them.

4. Games get VEEEEEEEDEEEEEERY long
Enemy carries get very rich and strong.
SOLUTION - so far, the sheer force of remote mines helped me through this one, but I wish to obtain another solution since rich carries get magic immunity.

Tell me what you guys think! If you can any suggestions, feel free to tell me! I only wish to improve on this strategy which has shown itself to be successful.

EDIT:
Watching the replay before replying is encouraged :).

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 5, 2014 7:58pm | Report
i dont understand why they didnt buy gem?

by going Clinkz your basically screaming for the enemy to buy a gem since it hard counters two of your heroes.

i would have preferred a Anti Mage.

also i think you needed a harder carry. but you absolutly dominated lat egame team fights huh?

well played man :)

i played a techies game with a Medusa and a Slark (offlane) ... yea was fun haha

the fact that Techies can make high ground impossible is his greatest strength i feel.

Axe / Magnus they fall offlate game.

all they had was a Weaver which isnt a Hard carry in the traditional sense.

my ultimate Techies line up would be

Positions
1.) Medusa
2.) Ember Spirit
3.) Tidehunter
4.) Techies
5.) Leshrac

all 5 heroes can go super late with some massive DPS (except tide but hey .. double ravage and utility to the hilt!!!)

70 min ember - 2x daedulus 2x bf 1x rapier 1x BoT
70 min medusa - Daedulus, eye of skadi, heart, manta, a/c, BoT
70 min Leshrac - aghs, bloodstone, Euls, BoT, scythe, BKB
70 min techies -aghs, bloodstone, orchid, BoT, veil , scythe
70 min Tide - shivas, refresher, blink , Pipe , Mek, BoT

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 5, 2014 8:01pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

i dont understand why they didnt buy gem?

by going Clinkz your basically screaming for the enemy to buy a gem since it hard counters two of your heroes.

i would have preferred a Anti Mage.

also i think you needed a harder carry.

i played a techies game with a Medusa and a Slark (offlane)

the fact that Techies can make high ground impossible is his greatest strength i feel.

Axe / Magnus they fall offlate game.

all they had was a Weaver which isnt a Hard carry in the traditional sense.

my ultimate Techies line up would be

Positions
1.) Medusa
2.) Ember Spirit
3.) Tidehunter
4.) Techies
5.) Leshrac

all 5 heroes can go super late with some massive DPS (except tide but hey .. double ravage and utility to the hilt!!!)

70 min ember - 2x daedulus 2x bf 1x rapier 1x BoT
70 min medusa - Daedulus, eye of skadi, heart, manta, a/c, BoT
70 min Leshrac - aghs, bloodstone, Euls, BoT, scythe, BKB
70 min techies -aghs, bloodstone, orchid, BoT, veil , scythe
70 min Tide - shivas, refresher, blink , Pipe , Mek, BoT

You think they didn't buy gem? When they tried to de-mine, they get initiated on and killed by Magnus or Axe and we put the gem in our base :P.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 5, 2014 8:09pm | Report
hahahaha

how many gems by the end of the game?

i think th emax ive ever seen was 5 LoooooooL

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 5, 2014 8:13pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

hahahaha

how many gems by the end of the game?

i think th emax ive ever seen was 5 LoooooooL

I forgot, I think about 2 or 3. They tried really hard to get rid of the mines XD.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 6, 2014 2:10am | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1007173895

We did the strategy again, but with a Spectre instead of a Clinkz. I think it worked really well. It was kind of a stomp though, since our axe was going against an easy double-melee lane.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » November 6, 2014 2:05pm | Report
How do both teams have more deaths than kills? How many of you died to neutrals/Roshan?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » November 6, 2014 2:07pm | Report
Invoker gave me ebola.
Goes sheep stick and aghs. Both items not the best in that lineup. Also blink AND force staff which you won't really need on Invoker in a lot of cases. Double mobility are good sure, but if he had invested in a BKB against the orchid and necro3 to give true sight the game might have gone different.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » November 6, 2014 6:25pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

How do both teams have more deaths than kills? How many of you died to neutrals/Roshan?

Do keep in mind that techies has a suicide ability :P

Invoker gave me ebola.
Goes sheep stick and aghs. Both items not the best in that lineup. Also blink AND force staff which you won't really need on Invoker in a lot of cases. Double mobility are good sure, but if he had invested in a BKB against the orchid and necro3 to give true sight the game might have gone different.

I agree. My teammates and I also came to the consensus that the invoker would have destroyed our strategy if he went for quas-wex instead of quas-exort (which the invoker couldn't pull off anyway).

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 6, 2014 6:30pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1007173895

We did the strategy again, but with a Spectre instead of a Clinkz. I think it worked really well. It was kind of a stomp though, since our axe was going against an easy double-melee lane.

dat XP graph though ...

bahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved