Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lina: Aghanims or Ethereal Blade

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Lina: Aghanims or Ethereal Blade 10 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Ethereal Blade or Aghanims Scepter
Aghanims Scepter
Ethereal Blade
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » September 15, 2015 10:11am | Report
As the title suggests, I would like your opinion on the aforementioned builds of lina. One with aghs and the other which has an ethereal blade (replacing the aghs). Do you think the second build is even viable? Have you ever used the e-blade build after lina's aghs update?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 15, 2015 10:15am | Report
The pure damage upgrade is much better. Piercing BKB is invaluable.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » September 15, 2015 10:22am | Report
But in a game with no natural BKB carriers, wouldn't the e-blade build have even a shred of validity?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 15, 2015 10:28am | Report
Eblade is better against tough STR rightclickers who do not care that much about 950 damage nuke and hit hard. You can just focus another hero and Eblade yourself, and Eblade actually improves your burst way more, so if you want to deal as much damage as possible to important heroes that do not get BKB often, Eblade is better.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 15, 2015 10:42am | Report
The thing with Lina is, her Aghs is really good. Don't forget that some time ago it didn't pierce BKB...it was still bought by every Lina ever.
Lina Aghs increases her ult damage from 950 to 1266 magic damage equivalent, makes it pierce BKB, and gives really good stats in terms of HP and mana. EBlade increases her ult damage from 960 at 1330 magic damage equivalent thanks to the ethereal form, adds an extra ~300 damage nuke on top of it, gives low HP, and actually DEPLETES your mana since it gives garbage INT and costs 150 mana to cast.

For me, the mana cost is the downfall of Eblade on Lina. It's true that technically it gives you about 300 more burst damage than Aghs which can be awesome, but the hero has huge mana problems even by going Euls/Aghs which are two mana items. You can't afford to make it worse.

This is very different on Lion however, who has a pretty trash-tier Aghs. Lion's Aghs increases his ult damage from 850 to 1025 (+175) which is *pathetic*, while Eblade increases his ult damage from 850 to 1190 and adds a ~300 damage nuke on top of it, amplifies Earth Spike damage, and Lion has no mana issues whatsoever.

So yeah, Lina has a really good aghs, so buy it. Lion has a terrible Aghs and Eblade is better. IMO.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 15, 2015 12:44pm | Report
I think just the flat out 950 pure damage is better in most games; In games with BKB's it is flat out better because you just pop it when they pop BKB and they have to back-up. Like you can just waste a BKB with that. Plus it's a great tank tool, and it's a huge damage steriod.

Besides, there are other better items than E-Blade on Lina. Like Bloodstone. Bloodstone is absurd on Lina.

If there's no natural BKB builders, I'd rather just go Eul's into Blink Bloodstone, BoT's. And by then, you'll probably need something more than a E-Blade, or late game BKB pick-ups will be a thing.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » September 15, 2015 3:20pm | Report
Aghs-refresher. And yeah e-blade can have some viability but that's not what the question asked so everyone is gonna say Aghs because its better in most situations.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » September 15, 2015 7:08pm | Report
Alright guys, thanks for the response.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » September 15, 2015 8:07pm | Report
Really, most games are going to have a hero that Aghanim's Scepter is good for. It goes through BKB, Eblade does not. If they're a carry without a BKB, then Eblade is great. If they have one though, your investment is useless. Mostly. I think Agh's with Eblade was the build before the Laguna Blade was pure.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » September 15, 2015 8:52pm | Report
^yes it was. And it was epic!

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved