Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Invoker vs Meepo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Invoker vs Meepo 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » November 7, 2013 3:13am | Report
Meepo wins, if he is smart his meeps aren't bunched up so Invoker can unload his aoe on them. Meepo is a carry and even tho Invoker is going to still be strong Meepo is gping to be running around with 1 or 2 hearts and saying that a carry can't win late against a hero who has aoe (with a hero that is weak against aoe) is like saying pl isn't going to outcarry kunkka (it's exactly that)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » November 7, 2013 6:45am | Report
Poof is magic damage no? What would happen if invoker had agh,force staff, refresher, BKB, necronomicon 3, phase boots and just spammed Tornado, emp, meteor deafening refresher deaf emp?
That's like 800 pure damage a lot of mana drain

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » November 7, 2013 8:07am | Report
I think you forgot that Meepo with Aghanim's Scepter and Ethereal Blade will do ****loads of dmg without Poof (which falls of in late game), so possibility of avoiding this skill is not an argument.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » November 7, 2013 9:33am | Report
but if meepo gets caught in tornado he could be disarmed and that ethereal blade would amplify the magic damage he takes no?

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lasvegasss » November 8, 2013 3:26am | Report
Even with refresher, invoker has long cooldowns. If Meepo gets a tornado, or even 2 tornadoes, nothing is going to happen the damage is insignificant, you cannot even stop Meepo, he can just win the game by ignoring you. (in case you are the invoker and we're not considering other circumstances)

lasvegasss

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » November 8, 2013 9:34am | Report
lasvegasss wrote:

Even with refresher, invoker has long cooldowns. If Meepo gets a tornado, or even 2 tornadoes, nothing is going to happen the damage is insignificant, you cannot even stop Meepo, he can just win the game by ignoring you. (in case you are the invoker and we're not considering other circumstances)

Good point though I would argue that if invoker and meepo are both level 25 maxed out everything and got what they needed. A meepo's Hp late game with good farm estimates to be around 2k. If invoker does Tornado,Emp,Meteor,Deafening,Refresher,emp,deafening that's 800 pure damage and tons of mana drain on meepo unless somehow meepo is magic immune. That leaves meepo at 1200hp at least. Following that if meepo tried to come closer invoker has ice wall, forge, snap to force meepo to stay away, not to mention deal damage. The only way I can see meepo ignoring invoker is if meepo is carrying like pipe, mekanism, heart, and some other tanky magic specific items which tbh is wasteful of meepo's skills. I'm not talking about if I am the invoker, rather I am talking about in general for two players of equal skills playing both heroes.

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » November 8, 2013 3:45pm | Report
Meepo late game would have around 3.5K, getting 2 hearts is standard on him.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptCPC » November 12, 2013 6:22pm | Report
Meepo will easily hit 3k HP with room for a Sheepstick or Blink Dagger as well as a Dust. If he builds pure STR he can easily hit 4k HP on 5 Meepoes and Earthbind/Geostrike Invoker to death after just ignoring his entire Refresher combo. If you were to somehow focus enough damage on a single Meepo to bring his health down, there'd be 4 more backing him up. Invoker's strength vs Meepo comes from having 2 AoE disables to disrupt his Poof combo and help his team kite him to death, but he fails in a 1v1 situation.

CaptCPC

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 14, 2013 7:44am | Report
Meepo wins.The amount of HP he can have is insane, double Heart of Tarrasque or Heart+ Eye of Skadi and aghs ensure that Meepo will survive anything that Invoker can throw at him.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Shirimasen » November 14, 2013 10:39am | Report
Meepo will lose definitely if it's same farm.
Meepo needs to have more farm than invoker to win.
People tend to forget that invoker can buy dmg items that improve his right clicking with alacrity.
You can even test this on private lobby, a 6 slot invoker should have:
-int treads
-scepter
-refresher orb
-bkb
-divine rapier
-divine rapier

Meepo will never be able to touch invoker without blink dagger.
Meepo will only be able to land a scratch on invoker if he blinks poof and hex invoker, but invoker can survive this easily and left over with about 1khp.
Then meepo is dead, meepo cannot auto attack invoker no matter how hard he try because:
-There will be ice wall, meepo moves at crawl speed unable to run nor attack
-there is blast
-there is also cold snap which prevents any meepo from teleporting

Invoker could also go veil of discord and EB +dagon to completely rape meepo.
Invoker will always have the upper hand because meepo will never be able to pin down a fed invoker.
Invoker FORCES meepo not to bundle up thus meepo have no dmg, meepo NEEDS to clump up for autos and poof THAT is his main dmg source.

Also if you want to know who would win in a 1v1 mid only, invoker would win from early to late.

Shirimasen

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved