Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Game Time: Crafting a team

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Game Time: Crafting a team 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » February 27, 2016 10:32pm | Report
Hey guys, I'm here to bring a small little activity today, which is to craft a team. I'm gonna give a small pool of heroes, and you guys try to form a team using the said heroes. As many as you can. Let your creativity run free while within the boundaries make the best team you can.

This started out as me trying to make my own team, but as I was trying out different combinations, I was having so much fun, and I decided to try to share that fun with you guys.

I've kindly sorted out the heroes according to what roles they can perform, for the sake if convenience. However, if you desire to try something unconventional like a Naga Siren Offlane, feel free to do so.

One last rule, since I don't want you guys to feel too restricted by the rules, i'm gonna allow you to bring ONE hero of your choice, not from the pool, to your team. Lets say you have a certain hero you love, and by every means want on your team, or you find a gaping weakness shared by all the heroes and one hero can fill up that weakness, bring in the hero! But remember, ONLY ONE PER TEAM.

TL:DR? Here are the rules, summed up.

1) Make a team(5 heroes) with the hero pool given. You are allowed to bring ONE hero outside the pool to the team.

2) Explain what us your game plan. How are you planning to win, when, and what is the best time to end.

3) There is no limit to how many teams you can make. Feel free to have as many as you want.

4) Let your creativity run free

5) Have fun!

So without further ado, here are the heroes.

Carry
Alchemist*
Weaver*
Slardar*
Naga Siren*
Chaos Knight
( Medusa)

Mid
Alchemist*
Templar Assassin
Shadow Fiend
Invoker

Offlane
Weaver*
Slardar*
Tidehunter
Bristleback

Support
Slardar*
Naga Siren*
Slardar*
Dazzle
Vengeful Spirit
( Chen)
( Oracle)
( Shadow Demon)

The theme is minus armor, or more accurately,

(R)ight
(C)lick
(D)amage
(A)mplification

Lets go guys!

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 28, 2016 3:27am | Report
#1 Chaos Knight
#2 Invoker
#3 Slardar
#4 Shadow Demon
#5 Dazzle
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » February 28, 2016 7:26pm | Report
Safelane
Dazzle
Vengeful Spirit
Slardar

mid
Weaver

Offlane
Tidehunter

Weaver might be an unconventional mid, but he has a decent spammable nuke, and great positioning tools. He can dive if he wants because of The Swarm, and can get to runes really quickly. against most mids he should do fine, just be careful of AoE nukers like SF, or TA who can deflect all of weaver's attemps to harass.

This tema has a lot of early game to midgame potential, and relies on early engagements and teamfights to win. weaknesses of this team is simply illusions. CK, PL, Naga, are all heroes that this team is not suited to handle.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Howler Phuc » February 29, 2016 2:03am | Report
Safelane :

Alchemist (Carry)
Dazzle(Position 5)

Midlane :

Templar Assassin(Position 2)

Offlane:

Enchantress (Position 3/4 , Just bcoz of being so strong in the offlane in the current meta)

Roaming slardar.(Position 3/4).

IMO, only thing lacking in this team is late game carry which greatly depends on how well Alchemist farms. TA can pretty much win the mid lane on her own if not for occasional slardar rotations.
Dazzle can babysit alchemist and enchantress, well, is untouchable anyways !! :P

Howler Phuc

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by regilure » March 3, 2016 7:03am | Report
MID Shadow Fiend

Dazzle and Weaver in one lane, probably the not safe lane

Vengeful Spirit and Medusa together. Medusa Jungle

SF will go insane if played correctly, with Shadow Blade and Requiem of Souls, also Weave will do just amazingly fine with Stone Gaze of course, hit them all with the Stone Gaze.

Venge's just for early stuns, Wave of Terror and useful martyrdom or chasing.

Medusa and Shadow Fiend must carry the team!

also the epic Weaver will farm just nice, helped by dazzle and buy Desolator

the enemy team will have no armor, Weave Wave of Terror SF's passive, Weaver's Q, boom they're doomed

regilure

Steam: Yggdrasil
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 3, 2016 7:48am | Report
Carry Gyrocopter
Mid Puck
Off Tide
Jungle Enigma
Support Disruptor

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » March 3, 2016 9:05am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Carry Gyrocopter
Mid Puck
Off Tide
Jungle Enigma
Support Disruptor

You made me ROLF. ok now how do i downvote a comment?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lofy » March 3, 2016 9:48am | Report
Somethin pretty obvious missing

safelane:
dazzle
drow (my one add)

roaming:
venge

mid:
ta(would be my favorite)/invoker/sf/

offlane
ench (is safer here due to farm issuis) / weaver (greedy) / slardar (not the best option)

Plan to win:
Dazzle should ensure drow the farm. Venge rotating between the mid and safe lane to get kills for drow then build agi items on drow and turn that into a combinied push with ench,drow, wihle farming up ta to end the game... fast with deso on ta or weaver if u pick him offlane.

Lofy

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 587arts » March 11, 2016 9:34am | Report
Naga dazzle sd
Shadow fiend
Tide hunter

this lineup gives you dominance in each lane, your right click them but also amazing team fight...

the trilane has insane kill potential with mirror image disruption into heal bomb

587arts

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved