Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ember spirit build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Ember spirit build 22 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 25, 2014 1:25am | Report
Allegiance wrote:

EDIT: @Xyrus: i think you're forgetting that not every hero has as much armor as DK so early in the game; also: crystalis costs half as much as Deso and allows you to crit for 500-600 on SoF, which is pretty cost efficient i would say.

I know, that's why I chose DK, because the higher the Armour, the less the Reduction hurts. At that point, he's the only Hero who takes more Damage from a Crystalis Crit than from Corruption. Even at lvl16 most Heroes will need to pick up an Item that gives them extra Armour to make Crystalis more cost efficient than a Desolator

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 25, 2014 2:33am | Report
Tim got it right:
Timminatorr wrote:

ember farms quite slowly and his only comeback mechanism is battle fury, so its by far the safest choice and as a result should be the most commonly bought 1st damage item on him.

Timminatorr wrote:

As i stated earlier deso falls off and is a massive waste of money if you dont end the game max 10 minutes after getting it.

This is it. Take the Desolator when you're fed and your team is mid game oriented, so you can have armor reduction and end the game as soon as possible; the Battle Fury is a "backup plan" for when you're sure you'll be going into late game and you need something to keep your damage high. 35 minutes in a Desolator probably gives more damage than a Battle Fury, but after the 45 minute mark having two BFs is arguably better than having Deso and Daedalus (unless you're so fed you can get the Daedalus 5 minutes after the Deso).

By the way, it's better to pick up two BFs before the Daedalus in my opinion. I tested it more than once and it never disappointed me.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved