Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Earthshaker offlane?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Earthshaker offlane? 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 1, 2015 6:35am | Report
How? Why? When?

builds? thoughts? ideas?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 1, 2015 8:42am | Report
Shakira offlane is a thing because people thought, damn that hero is so good so lets think of more ways to pick him, since shaker support does a very specific thing that you dont want every game.

So why can he offlane, he can block the creeps for ez XP. He can get some lasthits with fissure, not too much though. And he can easily set up ganks in his own lane with fissure.
One of his strongest traits is that he can gank and countergank pre six. Even if you get zoned, you are still a shaker with fissure, which is amazing no matter what level. You just have to make sure you catch up to get that blink.

As for skillbuild you just go standard skillbuild, if you are completely 1v1 you might want to get totem at lvl 2.

For items i think soulring is good for early mana and to keep spamming fissures, since you will probably have more oportunities to do so then a support shakira. Then ofc get blink and after that stuff like force, sometimes euls, or even a hex. Just general utility, shivas, BKB bla bla bla. Refresher is also amazing on him, and i would pretty much always prioritise it over aghs. I think people get that item way too early and often. Get force dammit.

The hero is also so damn strong lategame, fissure stays relevant the entire game, and instant echo salami into 500 years of chainstun has ****ed me up many times.

Edit: also that shaker game from universe at ESL was so insane, he was MVP of that game for sure, look at that game for the ultimate example.

Also 2000th post! :D

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 1, 2015 11:18am | Report
Yeah, he's actually a decent offlaner, because he never has to put himself in that much danger despite being melee. He will always get some level of exp because he's got Fissure to drag the wave back. He can get gold from the lane with Fissure again, and it solves the issue the hero has of getting early exp (Which Support ES could struggle with, because the hero basically lived out of lanes), and having to get **** done in the laning stage. He also doesn't need gold from the lane, because Fissure still gets **** done at all stages of the game.

Hell, even if the enemy lane dedicated itself to pulling and zoning to keep you from getting exp, you can just rotate out of lane for a while and make **** happen elsewhere, because you can do that from level 1. So it's hard to outright shut down an offlane ES.

Likewise the increased farming priority helps him get a faster Blink Dagger, which given that practically makes him a new hero is a sweet thing.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » July 9, 2015 3:24pm | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1618891332

hey guys was able to play an offlane earthshaker game tonight.

if people want to have a look its a very high skill game with some decent fights.

thoughts on build for offlane ES?

i went boots first but i think if i had more regen early i would have had a lot quicker 6 might go salve next game and at 3 minutes i missed my creep fissure due to not paying attention but this was my first ever Solo offlane es game so still a bit rusty.

as you can see by then end of the game i was six slotted so i did pretty ok.

i went for the max aftershock and totem build and it really helped mid game when then bkb's come online.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » July 10, 2015 3:20pm | Report
I know that if you can get Arcane Boots from your lane you probably should do, because well when you have Arcane Boots you are basically set to get free gold and a well timed blink from the lane. Like, ferrying out more regen is fine if it lets you get more from the offlane, because you don't have to pressure to make things happen as much as offlane ES.

I don't think you needed boots first against what I think was there safe lane tri (Tusk, Lina and Jugg), but it wasn't bad either.

One of your team should've built Glimmer Cape. It would've been pretty good to have it on you say if your supports couldn't afford it, because the invis increases the range of your potential initiations.

I wonder if you needed BKB there. Like, there wasn't a massive amount of disables or magic damage on there side. Honestly Ghost Scepter seems better because of the massive amounts of physical burst present.

Would've been nice to have a Refresher Orb in your 6 slot, but hey. It's still 6 slotted ES so you can't be too sad about that.

I actually think the Aftershock -Totem build strength comes more from the fact it makes you more efficient at farming camps and the like than being a mid-game firsting build. Like, sure it's a little more burst, but it's worse control, and I think the control is more pertinent in the mid-game most of the time.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » July 15, 2015 12:00am | Report
The build I always go with Shaker is Tranqs + Euls + Aghs. works in every lane.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved