Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dumb Question S02EP11: Battlefury Sven (plz no)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Dumb Question S02EP11: Battlefury Sven (plz no) 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 22, 2014 12:08am | Report
Good mana regen
Bonus cleave

This item solves his mana problems and grant him more damage for the cleave. Why did no one ever do this?

^^ Typical noob question

Previous Episode: Manta on Axe/Leshrac
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 22, 2014 1:30am | Report
Wow, as much as I like original item stacking like diffusal-skadi Spectre/Naga, or daedalus PA, I have to say that Bfury Sven is really not my thing here.

It seems like you're just trying to solve Sven's mana issues.

Getting Bfury on Sven just for the mana regen is completely overkill. Bfury Sven is like using an H-bomb to hunt a rabbit.

Because let's be honest the mana regen is the only interesting thing you get from bfury. The raw damage is really wasted because Sven needs strength to increase his damage with his ult - if you want more DPS on Sven just get an armlet or any attack speed item.

Armlet gives you :
- +40 damage
- +25 attack speed
- +5 armor
- +25 strength which translates into +50 damage with only level 1 ult

So yeah, armlet = +90 damage and +25 attack speed for WAY WAY less gold.

For solving Sven's mana issues you have way better options with early game items such as :
- Power Treads switching (or keeping treads on INT all the time)
- Magic Wand (an absolute must on Sven!)
- Soul Ring
- Ring of Aquila
- Drum of Endurance
- Null Talisman
- Taking early stat levels instead of Warcry/ Great Cleave

Just get some of these and you can spam your stun as much as you want.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 22, 2014 6:10am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Wow, as much as I like original item stacking like diffusal-skadi Spectre/Naga, or daedalus PA, I have to say that Bfury Sven is really not my thing here.

It seems like you're just trying to solve Sven's mana issues.

Getting Bfury on Sven just for the mana regen is completely overkill. Bfury Sven is like using an H-bomb to hunt a rabbit.

Because let's be honest the mana regen is the only interesting thing you get from bfury. The raw damage is really wasted because Sven needs strength to increase his damage with his ult - if you want more DPS on Sven just get an armlet or any attack speed item.

Armlet gives you :
- +40 damage
- +25 attack speed
- +5 armor
- +25 strength which translates into +50 damage with only level 1 ult

So yeah, armlet = +90 damage and +25 attack speed for WAY WAY less gold.

For solving Sven's mana issues you have way better options with early game items such as :
- Power Treads switching (or keeping treads on INT all the time)
- Magic Wand (an absolute must on Sven!)
- Soul Ring
- Ring of Basilius
- Drum of Endurance
- Taking early stat levels instead of Warcry/ Great Cleave

Just get some of these and you can spam your stun as much as you want.

Pretty much this, Battle Fury doesn't give that much to Sven. He already has Greater Cleve for clearing Jungle Camps quickly, and if people are actually clumping up in a 250 Radius of each other...well, Scrub Tier is EZ after all. 8{3

Armlet is a good way toBuff his Damage, but...why do you even need more Damage? He already hits like a truck with God's Strength, you just need to be able to get into fights and do your thing without getting locked down ( Blink Dagger + Black King Bar ftw).

Sven's Mana problems have nothing to do with Regen, they're all about his tiny Mana Pool, you'll use maybe 2 Storm Hammers in a Teamfight along with Warcry and God's Strength. So at most you're using:-

(2 x 140) + 25 + 200 == 505 Mana

Sounds like a lot, but at lvl16, he should already over 800 Mana from raw Stats alone, let alone Power Treads + Magic Wand. So long as someone is using Arcane Boots on you (try to not have Treads set to Int when you do this) and you make good use of Tread Switching and Magic Wand, his Mana problems should be gone in about 10 minutes.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 22, 2014 6:24am | Report
It's a funny one this because on paper you'd think: Cleave + Moar Cleave = Good! However, because of the interaction with his ult it doesn't come out quite so good. Besides, you can already clear creep waves and camps very quickly with Great Cleave and spend more time walking between camps/lane than you do actually hitting creeps, so the farm speed isn't greatly increased either. You'd very likely get more from a Helm of the Dominator.

As noted, Sven benefits a lot more from attack speed, as that tends to be the limiting factor on his damage output rather than the actual damage itself. And as Xy said, not being disabled or kited is pretty important too.

Maybe if you're a team with Magnus: Great Cleave + Battle Fury + Empower and the enemies nicely grouped by Reverse Polarity could be quite tasty :) (it's already damned tasty without the BF)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by vroomndie » September 22, 2014 7:42am | Report
i totally agree we xy..when i play sven ..i play him.as a crash anb burn hero...i nvr turn down a fyt when i m in gods strenght..so the key is mana pool perhaps..to be able to pull the combo plus an additional storm hammer...if u survive it means the enemy is dead...just have a trip to fountain..just about when gods strenght is coming off cool down..so that u can again wreak heavok on enemy team

vroomndie

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved