Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dumb Question S02EP06: Doom Support, a Jungle of Utilities

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Dumb Question S02EP06: Doom Support, a Jungle of Utilities 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 9, 2014 7:50am | Report
Seriously, this should have been legit. The jungle is full of utilities.

HILL TROLL
Heal, very good health-restoring ability for a small amount of mana. Best at early game.
Mana Aura, more roaming and lane support capability increased.

SATYR
Satur Mana Burn, destroys offlane capabilities with this.
Satur Purge, pretty nice, but range is small
Unholy Aura, very good laning aupport

OGRE
Ice Armor, nice armor like Lich's that stays well late game.

HARPY
Chain Lightning, powerful early game spammable spell that could easily ensure kills.

GHOST
Frost Attack, OP slow early game, grants Ez gank with this spell

He still could stays good support late game with his own spells and centaur's stun or hellbear's clap. Like enigma, he could easily farm, and thus should buy utility items FAST to become effective. If this is legit, I would make a guide on this.

Previous Episode: Early Crystalis, is worth it?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 9, 2014 7:51am | Report
P.s i added the [ [ ] ] before the spell name. I personally thinks you guys should add icons for creep spells.

They are just so forgotten. I mean, do you guys know thers a creep named Rumblehide?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 9, 2014 7:56am | Report
Quoted:
I mean, do you guys know thers a creep named Rumblehide?

Yes, that doesn;t mean he should be in the database. Plus, as far as I know it's an ancient, so you can't devour it anyway.

What you are suggesting it's been done already in pro games, it's called utility Doom. You just farm up a quick Mekansm in the jungle, then proceed to get blink and devour a centaur for the stun. Basically, you are a walking Doom.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 9, 2014 8:01am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Yes, that doesn;t mean he should be in the database. Plus, as far as I know it's an ancient, so you can't devour it anyway.

What you are suggesting it's been done already in pro games, it's called utility Doom. You just farm up a quick Mekansm in the jungle, then proceed to get blink and devour a centaur for the stun. Basically, you are a walking Doom.

But is a n early roaming/lane support doom ever done? Like frost attack twice the slow of orb of venom, or heal as a lane aupport, chain lightning spammable nuke, mana burn, unholy aura, mana aura...

Is it ever done?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 9, 2014 8:33am | Report
Like, you leave Devour at level 1, you max Scorched Earth and lvl? death, and you play Doom as a full roaming support?

Doesn't sound too stupid, it's a bit awkward but why not. Indeed you have 2 nukes and one good disable, either the centaur stun or the troll net. If you go Arcane Boots your mana issues are fixed...I guess it's worth a try, although Doom is pretty level dependent so you risk getting a bit screwed here.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 9, 2014 8:58am | Report
what items you get or creeps devour doesnt matter. you are still a really greedy jungler.

also things like healing your carry in lane doesnt factor in at all. you already made the lanes weaker and healing your carry is almost never needed.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by vroomndie » September 9, 2014 10:00am | Report
Like, you leave Devour at level 1, you max
Scorched Earth and LVL? Death, and you play
Doom as a full roaming support?

i have tried the same skill progression in pubs..its good for early game u ll always b in action get couple of kills..but will fall off late game due to lack ok farm...every time i.started with a blast..but defeated in every single game...may b the team mates are to blamed..or may b this skill build

vroomndie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 10, 2014 2:38am | Report
You could get levels from ganks, right?

Ghost frost attack is 20% slow, isnt that much inthe early game ?
Scorched earth + stomp is also possible too...

Though I suppose he would be mana hungry
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 10, 2014 4:19am | Report
Problem with Jungle Doom is; is that any roaming support will make his life hell in the jungle. Seeing that he's very mana starved early on and has very little in right click damage.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » September 10, 2014 4:45am | Report
I've done it many times in pubs(yeah, pubs) and it does work but only if your jungle farm is going well. Sometimes if you are really unlucky you'll get counter-picked with undying to destroy your farm or mud golems. It's very risky but fun to play once you get a blink and mek. And also if you play in pubs, you most likely are going to be the one buying the courier.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved