Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Damage % Draft, featuring Tiny and Sven.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Damage % Draft, featuring Tiny and Sven. 17 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Is this draft idea feasible?
Yes
Yes if you change some hero picks.
No
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » April 9, 2015 10:44pm | Report
Recently, I was playing around with my friend, and then I came with the idea of a support Sven (with Aghs) with his Tiny, using the high base damage gained from Grow to pair up nicely with God's Strength. It didn't work in pubs due to our early being a bit too weak, but I went to go to a lobby to see how high I could get the Tiny's damage, and when I was there, I also went to see Terrorblade, since he also gets bonus damage too from Metamorphosis

So, I grabbed Sven, Magnus, and VS, as well as a Vlads and Alpha Wolf to see how high I could get this damage. A DD rune was not included.

Exhibit:

(Item builds used might be considered weird. Triple Bfly is used by Zenoth I believe, and happens to be what this build wants which is more stats. Tiny may get a manta, blink, or something instead of a heart)

Then it occurred to me that this draft might be feasible.

If with Tiny, you could send him trilane with VS and Sven, Magnus mid, and you could pick up an offlaner with AOE presence, probably Dark Seer due to vacuum and RP Tiny whacking synergy.

With Terrorblade, probably a Centaur since stampede affects illusions and Pipe can protect them, or move magnus offlane and get a space creating mid like QoP. Or if we're really greedy, we can run Tiny mid. >:D

What do you think? Is this feasible?

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » April 11, 2015 8:21pm | Report
Maybe I should also check damage outputs with different item builds too.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 11, 2015 8:58pm | Report
It seems quite interesting, but the team you're proposing is quite greedy.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » April 11, 2015 9:07pm | Report
Sven can also be run in an Aggro tri with another support (maybe AA?), but only if the enemy offlaner will not demolish Tiny or Terrorblade (Timbersaw, Axe, and BB come to mind). Against like BH or Doom, it is much safer.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 12, 2015 1:33am | Report
With some revisions, this could work very well. The problem is that Sven NEEDS an Aghs for this to happen, and Magnus really isn't meta.

Perhaps along the lines of:

Terrorblade, Sven, Centaur, QoP, Venge (Though AA could work as per Cuttleboss' suggestion)
Tony, Wisp, Sven, Storm, Beastmaster

These drafts both have pretty good lockdown and crowd control. Sadly, the problem isn't fitting into drafts; it's the meta. Tiny-Wisp sees some play right now, but Terrorblade is really suffering in this world of Axe, Lina, Lion and Jugg. Not to mention any of his rat attempts being foiled by Storm. Perhaps when 6.84 comes out these things would be more viable, but for now it's too situational to consider most of the time.

Still, I must test this...

Cuttleboss wrote:

Sven can also be run in an Aggro tri with another support (maybe AA?), but only if the enemy offlaner will not demolish Tiny or Terrorblade (Timbersaw, Axe, and BB come to mind). Against like BH or Doom, it is much safer.

Actually, as far as carries against Bristleback go, Terrorblade isn't the worst due to his bat-**** crazy armour. I'd also NEVER leave TB or Tony in a solo lane...
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 12, 2015 5:46am | Report
I conpletely agree with the general idea, but I disagree with the choice of carry.

Terrorblade I think is pretty terrible. Why an illusion hero? Illusions get nothing from auras. The only steroid the main hero has is Metamorphosis, so instead or TB you'd do way better with another ranged carry.

Tiny I think is decent but still a bit meh. Tiny's issue isn't lack of damage. Tiny's issue is kiting, with his 1 second stun with a huge cooldown he's one of the easiest carries to kite in the game. If you want a cleaving carry that hits for 1000+ damage a hit but still is weak to kiting, why not play carry Sven in the first place? In competitive the way Tiny/Wisp owns the late game despite the kiting issues is by going for rat dota. But if you're going for the rat all those auras won't help you.

So instead in terms of carry choice I'd go for :

- Morphling. THE stat monster of the game. 350+ agility. If you multiply this by what is essentially a *2-*3 multiplier, he'll hit for 1000+ damage a hit with the attack speed of a machine gun while being almost unkiteable. This gives Morph some pretty insane teamfight presence, while normally he's a bit weak in large teamfights.

- Troll Warlord. Even wondered how to make Troll even more OP? How about a cleaving Troll who hits for 700 damage a hit. Since he builds only stat items and no damage items, increasing his damage based on stats is perfect.

- Medusa/ Gyrocopter. Click right mouse button, win teamfight.

- Ember Spirit. He needs damage sooo badly and he's literally impossible to kite. His synergy with Empower is already considered almost broken.

- Faceless Void. One of the most momentum-dependent carries in the game...if you give him free cleave and triple damage he can ball out of control instantly.

- Clinkz. High AGI gain and three damage steroids, two of which combine perfectly with +damage auras. His ult gives him base damage which gets increased, and it synergizes perfectly with his attack speed steroid. Almost unkiteable once he has skadi or sheep. Makes him a monster in teamfights kind of the same as Morph.

- Meepo. Because unlike illusion heroes, ALL YOUR MAPPOS BENEFIT FROM IT. OP.
Triple damage Mappo = literally highest DPS hero in the game.

- Pudge. Carry pudka FTW :)

So yeah, Magnus offlane, Ember Spirit mid, Morphling safelane with Vengeful Spirit and Sven supports. Or even aggro trilane with Sven/Venge/Morph. Way more effective IMO. Solid laning presence, good pickoff/snowball potential with Ember and Mag, great teamfight, solid comeback potential with empowered Ember to counterpush, and pretty insane late game scaling.

But seriously Mappo is the real thing here :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » April 12, 2015 7:13am | Report
Oh, good suggestions Hamster.

I just thought pure surface and this one game I spectated where terror got like 450 CS in 35 minutes because of Magnus, but that's why I'm here, to expand my thinking. Morph does seem like the best choice. Meeps is great too.

Ember, Gyro, and Dusa seemed not that good, because they don't build stats, but I realized as I read this that having an extra ~200 damage at the end of the game is still pretty amazing on those heroes, even if it doesn't hit the stat potential of some of the others, because having 2 abyssal blades of damage more than usual is still auto win fights.

and of course in this draft, you can just use Sven without Aghs and stack hearts and you'll get pretty nice results.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 12, 2015 10:09am | Report
Uh, Hamster?

Lvl25 Morphling with Skadi, Butterfly, Manta, Travels, Daedalus, Satanic: 286 base damage

Lvl25 Terrorblade with the same build: 309 base damage.

...yeah. I'll leave that here.

Cuttleboss wrote:

Dusa
don't build stats

You ****ing what mate?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » April 12, 2015 12:29pm | Report
Dusa rapira mask of madness
OP
OP
OP

No kappa
I am sorry i cant resist it

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 12, 2015 2:40pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Uh, Hamster?

Lvl25 Morphling with Skadi, Butterfly, Manta, Travels, Daedalus, Satanic: 286 base damage

Did you count all the Agility he gets from Morph Agility gain?

I don't think so, 'cus when I play Morphling, I hit for 400 by the time I get those.

Why Satanic on Morph?

EDIT: 6-slotted Morphling

Travels, Skadi, Linkens/BKB, Manta/Ethereal, Butterfly, Monkey King Bar, no?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved