Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Critique Draft

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Critique Draft 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 7, 2015 4:50pm | Report
Not sure if this is the right place so if it isn't I'll gladly move it.

I had my first Captain's Mode game in a while with a bunch of friends and I ended up the captain.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1216025058

I picked SS and veno so they could go ganking the SF Fiend (who the hell firstpicks SF...) as well as veno disabling blinks.
Razor was a counter to Bristle, and Troll a counter to Axe.

The average MMR of our team was probably around 2k, because Tide and Razor are pretty new. I think their team was in a similar position cause the SF seemed pretty good.

Anyway, looking at the items I'm pretty sure we won when they got two Crimson Guards. But actual game aside, how good was the draft itself?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » February 7, 2015 8:45pm | Report
Well like you said, the whole team js based on right clicks. Omniknight would've destroy them. I like the Tidehunter pick against a wisp. Actually I like your draft maybe except the troll and rasta.

This is low mmr man, I feel that. This vengeful sange and yasha lol. Sf looked legit, but thats about it for them.

Daft's draft super r8: 8/10
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 7, 2015 9:22pm | Report
they had 2 disables. you had 3.

you had synergy in heroes, they didn't.

wisp made power treads.

venge made SnY.

Bristle and axe refused to make heaven's halberd

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 7, 2015 9:34pm | Report
There is no point making Heaven's Halberd because BKB completely blocks it.

I think team 1 doesn't communicates with each other or they simply doesn't know how to play captain mode.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » February 7, 2015 10:00pm | Report
Wow no bkbs on cores yet double crimson vanguards. Venge was complete trash. Io boots were trash. SF was so greedy while facing the best snowballer in the new meta, Troll Warlord.

Don't care for the Daedalus on Troll though. But that's more of a personal preference.

Radiant lost through their item choices.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 7, 2015 11:37pm | Report
Yeah, that Venge was apocalyptically bad. As I remember they were a 4-stack and the random was the Wisp. I'd agree that the SF was pretty good, he was definitely their best.

Where could I improve on the draft? More disables? More synergy?

If you're wondering, I was the troll :)
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » February 8, 2015 3:48am | Report
omg troll was so bad pls report troll cyka blyat KAPPPAA

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 8, 2015 6:08am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

I picked SS and veno so they could go ganking the SF Fiend (who the hell firstpicks SF...) as well as veno disabling blinks.

1st Bans: Juggernaut and Slark, 2 top 1st Bans for the current Meta, considering you lacked Disables later on in the Draft, Banning the 2 hardest heroes to lock down from the Pool was probably a good idea.

SS and Veno gives you monumental Pushing power once SS reaches lvl6, but your reason for picking them is a little confusing. Generally, any 2 Supports can make a Roaming Duo, so if this is all you wanted, you should have used your 1st Picks on something more important to your Draft, e.g. Heroes that usually get Banned in the 1st stage, like Troll Warlord. Your lineup seems to revolve around Pushing so Troll Warlord 1st, Venomancer 2nd might have been the way to go.

2nd Bans: natural reaction to the Io pick. Sven wasn't that good a Ban here, there are plenty of better comboes for Io that are much more popular, e.g. Bristleback, Phantom Assassin, Storm Spirit, etc.
Terathiel wrote:

Razor was a counter to Bristle, and Troll a counter to Axe.

This is a terrible way to Draft tbh. How your 2 Cores "Counter" the other Team is less important that how they synergise with your Team. Granted, Troll does fit in well here, but Razor doesn't add much here.

By your 4th Pick, you could see that Radiant were going to run a Bristleback with an Io Bot and the Shadow Fiend Mid. 0 Disables with 2 Heroes left to Pick. Abuse this weakness! Bolster yourself with more Disables (you can only really count on Ravage and Hex in early Teamfights, Shackles suck 5 vs 5), more Pushing Power and/or Teamfight.

If you want Pushing Power and a Disable, get Dragon Knight, with backup from a Roaming Support Duo, he can Lane against SF with impugnity <}3 . More Damage in a Teamfight? Get Queen of Pain, combined with a Ramoing Duo, she can wreck Teams early on and continue to do so until Black King Bars start coming out. More Control in a Teamfight? Magnus is still in the Pool, between RP and Ravage, they'll be helpless without BKBs and Empower + Battle Trance will reduce Creep Waves and Tower to nothing in seconds.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 8, 2015 2:52pm | Report
i thought xyrus is bad at drafting..
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 8, 2015 3:18pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

i thought xyrus is bad at drafting..

I still don't know about that...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved