Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Critique Draft

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Critique Draft 22 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 8, 2015 5:37pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

i thought xyrus is rusty at drafting since he didn't do any for a while..

I'm not Puppey, but I can put a Team together that synergises.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 8, 2015 6:21pm | Report
Xyrus is a good drafter.Almost beat me a couple of times :{D

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 8, 2015 11:24pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place so if it isn't I'll gladly move it.

I had my first Captain's Mode game in a while with a bunch of friends and I ended up the captain.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1216025058

I picked SS and veno so they could go ganking the SF Fiend (who the hell firstpicks SF...)Literally everyone i a 3+ million dollar tournament that was going on for the last 11 days =D as well as veno disabling blinks.
Razor was a counter to Bristle, and Troll a counter to Axe.

The average MMR of our team was probably around 2k, because Tide and Razor are pretty new. I think their team was in a similar position cause the SF seemed pretty good.

Anyway, looking at the items I'm pretty sure we won when they got two Crimson Guards. But actual game aside, how good was the draft itself?

Ok first off, i like the idea of shutting down the SF, but veno and Ss are not really good heroes to do so. Both are pretty slow and lack damage at early levels. Also if you initiate with veno gale and follow up with I BIND YOUUUU you essentially waste a lot of the venomancer slow, unless you want to wait with the shackes intill the slow almost wears off. And initiating with shacles is hard unless SF ****s up his positioning.
But the biggest problem with these 2 supports is that they are both very item and level dependant supports. Shaman is one of the most greedy non jungler supports, and veno is better as a core IMO. You can get away with more greedyness in pubs, but if you get behinf with this support duo you are in trouble.

I do really like the razor pick, But as xyrus said dont get caught up in blind counterpicks, (even though he picked an AM against what was supposed to be a support wraith king :D) but he fits in your draft well, can deal with SF mid, and ****s up bristle later since he cant use goo without getting zippedy zapped by unstable current.

You should also have seen their venge pick coming, since all their draft is focussed on physical damage and minus armor.

All in all i like your draft apart from the greedy veno, its a lot of ti4 with some troll flavour mixed in.
Just dont forget to get caught up in counterpicking, and always have a good strategic draft, which yiu have this game.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 9, 2015 4:26am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

(even though he picked an AM against what was supposed to be a support wraith king :D) but he fits in your draft well, can deal with SF mid, and ****s up bristle later since he cant use goo without getting zippedy zapped by unstable current.

If you're talking about the inhouse, I wanted something that would out-Farm and dominate the later stages of the game since I was going for 4 Protect 1, problem was I wanted something that wouldn't get caught out and shut down easily as I felt I'd take a lot of heat early on (dat "Roaming" Magnus would have been instant gg for Spectre/ Medusa) At least with Anti-Mage, I could run around slowing you down with my Split-Pushing early on. T-T

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 9, 2015 4:40am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

If you're talking about the inhouse, I wanted something that would out-Farm and dominate the later stages of the game since I was going for 4 Protect 1, problem was I wanted something that wouldn't get caught out and shut down easily as I felt I'd take a lot of heat early on (dat "Roaming" Magnus would have been instant gg for Spectre/ Medusa) At least with Anti-Mage, I could run around slowing you down with my Split-Pushing early on. T-T

well i dont remember who exactly they were, but 2 of our players almost ****ed up the game for us by running the WK as carry, put the mag on support and abandon me in the offlane as necro..... i kept telling them GET IN MY LANE AND LET MAG FARM TOP, but it almost seemed like they couldnt hear us, and told us that we needed a carry. -_- even though farming WK would have no impact WHATSOEVER in case of us winning or losing.

still dont like the AM pick, yes he is slightly less vulnerable then spectre/medusa, but you cant go AM against kriow's jakiro, WD and necro. thats so much push and even after 30 min we can kinda deal with an AM unless he has absolute freefarm.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 9, 2015 5:09am | Report
Problem in that game was that the draft was terrible. We had two supports ( Jakiro and Witch Doctor), two utility cores ( Magnus and Necrophos), and a Wraith King that didn't fit anywhere because he was drafted as a carry but this was just impossible to do this against an Anti-Mage. So essentially we had no carry.

With Witch Doctor going mid (first WTF moment), and Wraith King going safe lane farm anyways (second WTF moment), I pretty much had no choice but to play my Magnus as a roaming support...and Necrophos to go solo offlane (lol).

Only logic way to make such a draft work is to go aggressive trilane into push strat. Which kind of ended up to be what happened due to Kworiezca Jakiro doing work.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 9, 2015 6:11am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Problem in that game was that the draft was terrible. We had two supports ( Jakiro and Witch Doctor), two utility cores ( Magnus and Necrophos), and a Wraith King that didn't fit anywhere because he was drafted as a carry but this was just impossible to do this against an Anti-Mage. So essentially we had no carry.

With Witch Doctor going mid (first WTF moment), and Wraith King going safe lane farm anyways (second WTF moment), I pretty much had no choice but to play my Magnus as a roaming support...and Necrophos to go solo offlane (lol).

Only logic way to make such a draft work is to go aggressive trilane into push strat. Which kind of ended up to be what happened due to Kworiezca Jakiro doing work.

Why does everyone go on about us having no real carry being a problem? We could easily contest their lineup for 30+ minutes if the game went pretty even, and there was little chance for the game to go even since we had so much early teamfight and push.
In every scenario it would be a better idea to take the WK support, or do you want to go later with WK as your carry without a support?

Just look at how the game went. WK had no impact on the game, midlane didnt go that amazing, WD won the lane by a bit.
Bottom lane started out with me offlane not getting much, and we had a support magnus who obviously wouldnt be getting an early blink.
And STILL we crushed the game in about 20 min i think?

We didnt have a carry? We SHOULDNT have wanted a carry.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 9, 2015 6:24am | Report
Well...anything that you say would have gone far better with a safe lane Troll Warlord or something.

When you go full push you don't go "if game goes past 25 minutes it's GG". You pick a safe lane carry that pushes well...something where Wraith King doesn't fit at all.

A team full of utility heroes without a damage dealer is a terrible draft.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 9, 2015 6:34am | Report
sorry for offtopic guys.. but does Battle Trance affects owned creeps?

and does it affect faction creeps? (if yes this is OP global push strat ftw)
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 9, 2015 7:11am | Report
@Unscathed : "Increases the attack speed of himself and all allied HEROES"

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved