Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cp1 New face(less) void questions - Solar crest Void

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Cp1 New face(less) void questions - Solar crest Void 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » January 3, 2016 5:24pm | Report
IN 6.83, after the nerfs, some people here came with the idea to do a Mask of Madness + Medalion of courage build, the explanation was that you could solo heroes more easily as you not take any physycal or magical damage as long as enemy is in chrono, but the idea quickly vanished cause MoC did not build into anything.

So 6.86 came, i got this idea and i have some reasons why this item is viable now

1)THE MAIN ONE - Void Sucks against physycal damage now/You have no evasion anymore : So, now you can Time Lock the skills of the carry ? it would be too bad if Void now can not manfight any carry matchup without backtrack, the skill was unrealiable at all but you could easily fight most carrys as they could not buy Monkey King Bar to counter you, now the item sucks void need to force then to buy mkb as you will be the main carry( or offlane, but you would still build it).

2) It sinergy very well with chrono: A item that Faceless had had always built was Mask of Madness, as you would have intense atack speed and you wont receive any amplified damage because you kill them in chronosphere.
But patchs changed the hero and now i think MoM is not viable anymore, all because the chronosphere radius is very small now, so you can receive spells that can kill you in chrono.
The thing is, little to nobody can atack you in chrono( only sniper or glass canon dragon lance builders, but you should focus then idiot), So Solar Crest / medalion should be our steroid now, as nobody will atack in your ult and medalion can be scary early.

3)Well, void kind lacks everything Solar crest have: Void Does not build armor at all, void needs some mana regen coupled with a mana item ( aghs or skadi) to proper use all his skills, and then void needs evasion as he sucks agains physycal damage and he lost backtrack.

4) it synergy with Right click partners outside of chrono, not just the nukers one. Just come to think a combo with drow ranger, Void with Solar crest/Assault/blink and her with aghs/maelstorm, it would be nice

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » January 13, 2016 6:11pm | Report
Bump, it seems like my idea is idiot but at least give it a shot guys

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 13, 2016 6:30pm | Report
Armor reduction Faceless Void is a bad idea. The point of armor reduction is to amplify physical damage. But Void doesn't deal any physical damage in the first place. His only steroid Time Lock is magic damage, in the early game he really hits like a Crystal Maiden, does CM buy medallion to amplify her right-clicks? If you amplify zero you still have zero. That's why people build attack speed on Void.

And Mask of Madness didn't become bad overnight. It's more greedy because he doesn't have backtrack, but Void still needs an item that allows him to jungle, and MoM is the only viable candidate. Besides Eye of Skadi is now more or less core on the new Void and it fixes MoM's problem. So personally I'd go MoM into skadi.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 13, 2016 9:17pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Armor reduction Faceless Void is a bad idea. The point of armor reduction is to amplify physical damage. But Void doesn't deal any physical damage in the first place. His only steroid Time Lock is magic damage, in the early game he really hits like a Crystal Maiden, does CM buy medallion to amplify her right-clicks? If you amplify zero you still have zero. That's why people build attack speed on Void.

And Mask of Madness didn't become bad overnight. It's more greedy because he doesn't have backtrack, but Void still needs an item that allows him to jungle, and MoM is the only viable candidate. Besides Eye of Skadi is now more or less core on the new Void and it fixes MoM's problem. So personally I'd go MoM into skadi.

70 damage at level 4 with a 25% chance of proccing(comes around to 17.25 damage per hit if I take true random distribution, other wise PRD is I think double of this). The skill is good not because of the damage, but the fact it allows you to perma bash a person, hold still= moar hits. The skill is a steroid inside chrono but void himself deals 70 damage+ at level 6( with a PT or a wraith band I believe). They build AS to lock a person down if an enemy thinks 1v1 rightclicking a void is a good idea.Its not........

CM on the other hand has around 50 damage at level 6( I think) and **** for brain attack animation and missile speed. Her W is remarkable. I wont comment on the parallel you drew here but I wanna say that skadi MoM is one of the builds that I was experimenting with in my bot+custome 10v10 games. And it seems to work.
MoM is still good for pickoffs and getting skadi really makes the time walk backtrack shine. Pluss you have the benefit of jungling. But isn't jungling nerfed this patch? No one seems to stack a lot and suddenle that centaur minion seems a bit tanky to time locks.
I am still biased on getting a maelstrom first after boots because then I can rat with a maelstrom and boots of travels. Then I upgrade into mjoll+satanic. or I go a different build on PT + Diffusal + Yasha for the full ****** agi build on void for the lulz when people don't have lockdown/chaseability.

PS offtopic: tell me if and when should I build sceptre?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2016 1:20am | Report
Ok, ok, you want a hero with good base damage, so let's say Bane. Void's right-clicks are as strong as Bane's right-clicks. I was just making this point to make Yellulz understand that a hero without steroids has no right-click, so amplifying his right-clicks does nothing.

Jungling wasn't nerfed this patch. What got nerfed is *stacking*. That's a big difference. Void doesn't rely on stacking, he has no way to clear stacks, it's actually a liability for him if people stack. And he can buy Iron Talon to jungle faster.

I'm still not sold on rat builds on the new Void, because his escape ability is not that good. IMO with his new skillset he's more of a midgame teamfighter, but then I could be wrong.

You buy aghs on Void when the majority of the damage your team can dish out in Chronosphere doesn't come from yourself. It's an item for wombo combo teams.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 14, 2016 1:56am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Ok, ok, you want a hero with good base damage, so let's say Bane. Void's right-clicks are as strong as Bane's right-clicks. I was just making this point to make Yellulz understand that a hero without steroids has no right-click, so amplifying his right-clicks does nothing.

Jungling wasn't nerfed this patch. What got nerfed is *stacking*. That's a big difference. Void doesn't rely on stacking, he has no way to clear stacks, it's actually a liability for him if people stack. And he can buy Iron Talon to jungle faster.

I'm still not sold on rat builds on the new Void, because his escape ability is not that good. IMO with his new skillset he's more of a midgame teamfighter, but then I could be wrong.

You buy aghs on Void when the majority of the damage your team can dish out in Chronosphere doesn't come from yourself. It's an item for wombo combo teams.

SO Bane does not buy right click items because he has no right click steroid ability, isn't it? Imagine if he had time lock ( shivers).......

Well that just proves what I think Is correct as well, that perma bash is whyyou build attack speed. Hit more to win more. I think that is why you build attack speed on alchemist, 120*5 will be 600 damage whereas 180*3 will be 540; that's a 60 damage decrease. Nevertheless, I do think amplifying voids pitiable damage with stats is nothing advisable to the least.

Now stacking was nerfed, and not jungle- Yeah I think the centaur camp got tough. But what else? Does the relocation of camps have an effect?, I think from my experience a hero like alch, now cant cover two camps with spray in radiant side, but does the distance make the farm rate slow? I don't know about that.......

IMO rat void is good! You have maelstrom that gives good wave clear, BoTs give you presence and chrono is kind of a tower secure or escape manoeuvre/ gank avoidance unless you got silenced. More research is needed. Terathiel plays him like this, maybe he can shed some light.

Now aghs is what I disagree. The 60 sec chrono can be utility any game. If you don't buy it, wont the enemy capitalize on the 100 second window of opportunity and play to suppress you?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 14, 2016 2:13am | Report

Does the relocation of camps have an effect?

If you're playing Tinker, or Alchemist, or Batrider or a few others, you can't abuse the radiant 3-camp farming anymore. But for me that's just another form of stacking, so that's another stacking nerf.

But otherwise if you have a hero that just runs between camps, it actually got better because Iron Talon.

Icefrog is encouraging the noob way of jungling XD

Now aghs is what I disagree. The 60 sec chrono can be utility any game. If you don't buy it, wont the enemy capitalize on the 100 second window of opportunity and play to suppress you?

On the pre-rework Void, yes. On the current Void, not anymore.

The whole point of the rework is that he's far less dependent on Chronosphere now. Void is no longer a walking ulti, he has Time Dilation which is a mini-chrono with actully a far better AOE than chrono itself, and Time Walk makes him very hard to kite.

IMO rat void is good! You have maelstrom that gives good wave clear, BoTs give you presence and chrono is kind of a tower secure or escape manoeuvre/ gank avoidance unless you got silenced. More research is needed. Terathiel plays him like this, maybe he can shed some light.

I was playing rat Void before it was cool. I played this in the 6.80 Void patch :)

I'm just saying, his new skillset has teamfight written all over it. And his ability to escape is not as good as it used to be.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » January 14, 2016 7:54am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Oh i see, Can Solar Crest be situationally good against non-mkb holders carrys then ? You would have free evasion outside of Chrono.

I am also building Eye Of skadi in about every game with Void, the slow is just too good and it fits the character concept, Blink should be core too backtrack range is still **** to land good chronos.

Also what do you think of Octarine core ? It lets you Permaspam Time dilation and should lifesteal of your bash as it is magical damage

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 14, 2016 6:58pm | Report
You keep buying blink and that ****tard ice*** will Nerf his chrono cast point

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 14, 2016 11:06pm | Report
Just because I play rat Void doesn't mean I don't teamfight with him... I just don't AFK farm in the jungle like a vegetable. If a fight breaks out I'm (usually) there.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved