Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Carry Abbadon + Armlet = Heals Forever?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Carry Abbadon + Armlet = Heals Forever? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » November 24, 2014 9:33am | Report
Would the damage from Armlet heal him with ult on? That would be really, really amazing.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 24, 2014 9:48am | Report
Nope.

Armlet is HP removal. HP removal isn't damage, so you still lose the HP from armlet ever when in Borrowed Time.

Source : I just double checked it in lobby.

Even then, Armlet of Mordiggian + Mask of Madness is essentially the only way of playing semicarry Abaddon.

Just don't play him as a safe lane carry, ever. Solo offlane or rich support is fine for this kind of build.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » November 24, 2014 9:49am | Report
Yeah it would be! I don't think hp removal triggers it though.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 24, 2014 10:00am | Report
You need to see this
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=146941
All your doubts confirmed.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 24, 2014 10:08am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Even then, Skull Basher + Mask of Madness is essentially the only way of playing semicarry Abaddon.

FTFY.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 24, 2014 10:12am | Report
You need armlet before basher. Abaddon needs armor and HP from armlet. Besides it's extremely cost-efficient so it's the best choice on a hero who cannot farm effectively.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 24, 2014 10:16am | Report
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Damage_types#HP_Removal

HP removal still exists. it's just way more restricted than before and only limits to 'HP costs" of spells and items.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 24, 2014 10:26am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

You need armlet before basher. Abaddon needs armor and HP from armlet. Besides it's extremely cost-efficient so it's the best choice on a hero who cannot farm effectively.

Armlet+MoM+Basher is too greedy, it's whole 8k gold and even if I would own such an amount so early I would 100% get BKB+either Basher or MoM rather tham some right-click which can be stopped with 2 stuns.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » November 24, 2014 11:15am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Damage_types#HP_Removal

HP removal still exists. it's just way more restricted than before and only limits to 'HP costs" of spells and items.

Yes it still exists but it's no longer considered as a damage type.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » November 24, 2014 11:18am | Report
Yes Armlet of Mordiggian can heal Abaddon when under the effects of Borrowed Time due to bug with HP removal items and spells. I always play Abaddon as a carry even on high tier brackets and I've got a 65.15% with him. It's really rare if I play him as a Initiator to be tanky going full HP and Armor or as a support.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved