Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Carries as Supports

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Carries as Supports 13 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » December 14, 2013 4:16am | Report
PeachFuzz wrote:

Watch Titan.Meracle play Naga, and you'll see how misguided her transition to support was. Sure you can be useful, but all that carry potential is wasted.

You have got a point, but pl could still probably be a stronger carry than she is.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 14, 2013 4:45am | Report
Basically, I think any carry with disables and (sometimes) scaling abilities can do well as a support: Sven was a pretty common support some time ago, Naga Siren became one after the nerf. Others Heroes that could fit in the 4 or 5 role are Skeleton King, Chaos Knight, Dragon Knight, Spirit Breaker, Gyrocopter, Slark and maybe even Lifestealer: most of them can get easily fed with a good roaming partner and start snowballing; the others can jungle in the downtime and grant a gold lead to their team.

Unfortunately there's no reason to support with Phantom Assassin, Faceless Void, Spectre or Anti-Mage since their contribution as a support would be almost non-existent.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » December 15, 2013 10:48am | Report
The flexibility in those heroes makes them viable as either, even though I'm simply restating that, it's the main point. Naga is great because of the flexibility and control she gives the team, her net is amazing for locking carries in place (magic immunity or not). Alch, Doom, and DK are great because they can roam, net kills, and farm fast. Want that fast Mek? All three of them can get it swiftly, and have much more staying power than hard support heroes.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved