Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Blink Dagger>>>Luna

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Blink Dagger>>>Luna 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 13, 2014 12:40pm | Report
^THIS^
Gives mobility, survivabuility, good postinioning for ulti, and, most importantly, THESE ****ING VOIDS GUYS I'M TIRED OF GETTING IN CHRONO AND DYING WITH 1400 HP AND I CAN'T EVEN GET ****ING SKADI/HEART BECAUSE CAME INTO ENEMY TERITORY WITH 1400 HP=DEAD AND OUR JUNGLE IS FARMED BY 4 OTHER CARRIES PLEASE GABEN HAVE MERCY.

So, either a post-HotD tier item, for the abovementioned benefits or slot 5-6 to escape chrono and not end up taken out for 1+ minute after chrono. Discuss.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sunabonzu » October 13, 2014 12:55pm | Report
I bestow you a...

Heaven's Halberd

And you may kick Faceless Void nuts for free or get mauled to death later...

Sunabonzu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 13, 2014 1:00pm | Report
Sunabonzu wrote:

I bestow you a...

Heaven's Halberd

And you may kick Faceless Void nuts for free or get mauled to death later...

There is not only Void, but his teammates too, I can't disable them all. Besides, mobility problem is still there.

But, actually, I have never thought of Halberd as an overall item when you are behind, it gives great survivability, and has utility, gotta try it.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » October 13, 2014 1:28pm | Report
Luna has 330 base movespeed. With Yasha/ Manta Style and Drum of Endurance after boots your movespeed should be quite high.

330 + 50 + (0.1 * 330) + (0.15 * 330) = 462.5 movespeed.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 14, 2014 1:56am | Report
Its true what KrDoto said. She has already a high movement speed, and added by Drums of Endurance and Manta Style her movespeed is damn high. If you want more mobility, she is very damn fast. You dont need Blink Dagger just so you can traverse the map quicker. Getting DPS-MoveSpeed item is enough for her. If you want to go to the middle of the fight, just get those items and a Black King Bar, and boom! Eclipse.

You seem to be very grumpy about the Chronosphere thing, and really, fine positioning is the best counter to Faceless Void. Simply spread out. Dont take the bait. Even at your tower, you should spread out. Chronosphere and Time Walk is really synergizing and it stops your towers from attacking.

But then again, Blink Dagger is an AWESOME mobility item on pretty much any hero. I was thinking to get it for every hero, actually. It may be good for pubs where you can pretty much buy anything. Blink Dagger + Eclipse= team wipe. But seriously, on ranked I dont think it is very much worth it, as there are items that gave more to Luna overall.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 14, 2014 7:07am | Report
Now Slardar has almopst permament 44% movespeed boost and is a total racecar, still Blink Dagger is considered core on him. They are completely differnet heroes, right, but how do they justlify Blink on the fish? "You can't land stun without your face being disabled even if you run on 522", and that's true.

For Luna it is even worse, as she just can't afford long-run chasing - she has poor range, only 0.6 sec stun, and she is very squishy, so basically anybody can TP to a nearest tower and save their ally and kill you.

Luna also can't run at 400+ MS and just pop her Eclipse even with BKB - she just gets focused down and killed, not to mention her ultimate needs certain condition to be used at full potential, and Blink helps it.

Void actually was not the only reason, and even then, "fine positioning", "spread up" are just general phrases, you can't always keep ypur positioning, unlees you are in your fountain - you will have to defend towers and siege enemy hightround eventually and you have to fight.

However, not only in teamfight he annoys me as Luna. When you are agaist 90% carries, you can use smoke>>>into enemy jungle, put a ward there, farn and kill any enemy who tries to farm there or be aware if they atre going to kill you. With Void this just does not work.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » October 14, 2014 10:46am | Report
Luna Blink Dagger is like going Soul Keeper Blink Dagger. It's nice that you can get close, but what holds them there ?
In the end if you lack the movespeed you won't be able to chase and if you initiate with a blink into the enemy there is no way for you to get out or kite in case you need to.

Solid movespeed is what you need or a good setup skill for your ult. But even then Getting another damage item instead of blink would probably be better.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » October 14, 2014 12:04pm | Report

Luna Blink Dagger is like going Soul Keeper Blink Dagger. It's nice that you can get close, but what holds them there ?
In the end if you lack the movespeed you won't be able to chase and if you initiate with a blink into the enemy there is no way for you to get out or kite in case you need to.

Solid movespeed is what you need or a good setup skill for your ult. But even then Getting another damage item instead of blink would probably be better.

Of course it's not the deal of running there alone, only with teammated that can disable the enemy. Even if they just run away, it is good as it disrupts their positioning, like Chain Frost or Supernova. And you can get solo/double kills with it easily if you have BKB, blink in, ult, bkb, and chase with your bonus ms.

Really, just try it - if used wisely it helps.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved