Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best Tri-lane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Best Tri-lane 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 13, 2014 9:50am | Report
I've been thinking a lot about different kind of draft line ups as of late and while I was thinking of an insanely strong early push line up; I came up with by far one of the best Tri-lane configurations.

Lycan, Shadow Shaman, Jakiro.

Basically Jakiro gets Ice Path at level 1. While Shadow Shaman got shackles at level 1. Jakiro would Ice Path the enemy hero(es). Shadow Shaman would Shackle right as the Ice melt. While during that time all three would be hitting said hero. If they force the enemy off the lane; then they could eventually force the tower easily with Liquid fire and Lycan right clicks.

Anyone else have some strong tri-lane line ups?

The full push line up was

Mid - Death Prophet (Pugna if banned)
Off - Nature's Prophet (Lone Druid if banned)
Safe - Lycan, Shadow Shaman, Jakiro (Drow and Leshrac if banned)

Whole line up would be around strong pushing early game.

Bans would be Doom, Tinker, Sniper, Timbersaw, Kotl

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jamesShajam » September 13, 2014 10:15am | Report
I suppose it's good, but Ice Path is hard to land.This will work well in a 3v1 but then again what doesnt? if it's a 3v3 lane I think it will fall apart.
Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

jamesShajam

Notable (5)
Steam: ShaJam
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 13, 2014 10:25am | Report
If you're taking Jakiro in a 3 vs 1 Lane, don't bother with Ice Path, it's 50 damage for an Unrealiable 1 second Stun. Take Dual Breath if you want Kills, a 5 second 30% Slow for 96 Damage is much better. At lvl2 or whenever you're ready to Push, take Liquid Fire.

You can max Ice Path 1st if you want for better control in early Teamfights, but there's no point taking it at lvl1.

Honestly though, for this kind of strat, I'd rather get Wraith King, Venomancer, Leshrac. Lvl 1 Wraithfire Blast into Venomous Gale with Diabolic Edict gives you a lot more Control, a lot more Damage and a lot more Push, even at lvl1.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 13, 2014 5:48pm | Report
I was thinking of a Luna + Lion + Skywrath. When you hit level 6, their lane dies :)
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 14, 2014 2:49am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

I've been thinking a lot about different kind of draft line ups as of late and while I was thinking of an insanely strong early push line up; I came up with by far one of the best Tri-lane configurations.

Lycan, Shadow Shaman, Jakiro.

Basically Jakiro gets Ice Path at level 1. While Shadow Shaman got shackles at level 1. Jakiro would Ice Path the enemy hero(es). Shadow Shaman would Shackle right as the Ice melt. While during that time all three would be hitting said hero. If they force the enemy off the lane; then they could eventually force the tower easily with Liquid fire and Lycan right clicks.

Anyone else have some strong tri-lane line ups?

The full push line up was

Mid - Death Prophet (Pugna if banned)
Off - Nature's Prophet (Lone Druid if banned)
Safe - Lycan, Shadow Shaman, Jakiro (Drow and Leshrac if banned)

Whole line up would be around strong pushing early game.

Bans would be Doom, Tinker, Sniper, Timbersaw, Kotl

The lane is not that strong at tri vs tri and not even the best at zoning an offlaner, ( but pretty damn good) but lycan and shaman are really strong heroes indeed. I dont like the jakiro that much here though. Shaman is also a pretty greedy support, and jakiro needs a lot of levels, especially to make his liquid fire really strong.

You are also overdoing the pushing aspect a lot. Pushing is not all about tower damage or mass minions, for a very big part it is about teamfight. Making sure the enemy cant challenge your push.

If you want to push really early you can run jakiro or pugna as your safelane farmer, and get heroes like tide, enigma, naga siren as a support, and a tanky hero in the mid.

For example, not to long ago i saw a team with an agressive jakiro farmer naga support dual lane. Safelane tide and jungle enigma, and i believe the mid was pugna, but you can also run a tanky hero like DK there.

They pushed HARD and the opponents couldnt stop them. Game over.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 14, 2014 4:30am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

If you're taking Jakiro in a 3 vs 1 Lane, don't bother with Ice Path, it's 50 damage for an Unrealiable 1 second Stun. Take Dual Breath if you want Kills, a 5 second 30% Slow for 96 Damage is much better. At lvl2 or whenever you're ready to Push, take Liquid Fire.

You can max Ice Path 1st if you want for better control in early Teamfights, but there's no point taking it at lvl1.

Honestly though, for this kind of strat, I'd rather get Wraith King, Venomancer, Leshrac. Lvl 1 Wraithfire Blast into Venomous Gale with Diabolic Edict gives you a lot more Control, a lot more Damage and a lot more Push, even at lvl1.

The lvl 1 ice path is just for the 1 second stun so Shadow Shaman can get in for shackles.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » September 14, 2014 5:27am | Report
As mentioned dual breath is a lot better for early ganks because the distance you can cover with the slow is bigger than the distance you can cover with a 1s stun.

Generally though I would always go liquid fire first for harrass against a single lane and dual breath against a trilane to prevent deaths on your carry.
Ice path can work for that too in a tri vs tri, but it's much harder to land (similar to landing a good fissure).

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 14, 2014 8:15am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

The lvl 1 ice path is just for the 1 second stun so Shadow Shaman can get in for shackles.

A 5 second long 30% Slow is much better for this. 1 second isn't always long enough for Shaman to get into position. Even if it is, the Slow will still be enough to setup for him and the extra Damage is always good.

Mind you, you shouldn't be picking 2 Disables in a Tri-Lane, just so that 1 Disable can setup another Disable, Jakiro + Shadow Shaman don't provide that much damage at lvl1. For example, Shadow Shaman + Skywrath Mage provides a good long Disable, and a powerful lvl1 Nuke that you can easily fire off at least twice.

It's better to get 1 Support for control and 1 for Damage...although...you could just pick Shadow Demon for both 8{3

As mentioned dual breath is a lot better for early ganks because the distance you can cover with the slow is bigger than the distance you can cover with a 1s stun.

Generally though I would always go liquid fire first for harrass against a single lane and dual breath against a trilane to prevent deaths on your carry.
Ice path can work for that too in a tri vs tri, but it's much harder to land (similar to landing a good fissure).

Agreed, Ice Path at lvl1 is legit in Tri vs Tri because it can prevent the other 2 Heroes from coming to their Teammates aid for that second, or it can disrupt all 3 of them if they're going on your Teammate...provided it's placed well.

Personally, though, I'm a rather aggressive player, so i'd rather take Dual Breath and try to get Kills than take Liquid Fire and merely Zone people out.

Liquid Fire keeps them behind the Tower, Dual Breath can send them back to the fountain!>8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 14, 2014 9:26am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Liquid Fire keeps them behind the Tower, Dual Breath can send them back to the fountain!>8{D

Well I mean, you keep them behind the tower, and take there tower while your at it with Liquid Fire. Then force them behind the tier 2 tower, and force rotations. It's definately an very aggresive option.

I'd even say it works out to be more aggresive than Dual Breath, because you can clear out the outer towers as fast as a Pugna. It's one of the reasons Virtus Pro did so well for a while, because they ran core Jakiro with even just a Skywrath Mage to entirely force out solo laners, and then take all the towers stupidly quickly.

OT: I'm still a fan of tradtional tri-lanes like Mirana + Bane/ Shadow Demon + 1 other Hero with a stun.

It's simply, it's deadly, it's versatile, and it works.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » September 15, 2014 12:46pm | Report
Jakiro and Skywrath Mage can harrass so much it's almost disgusting.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved