Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Backdooring towers with Alfredo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Backdooring towers with Alfredo 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 1, 2016 5:27pm | Report
Pick Lone Druid. Get farmed. Build Phase Boots, Assault Cuirass, Mjollnir, Desolator, Abyssal Blade and Moon Shard on Alfredo. Build Aghanim's Scepter on Papa Druid.

Run free and be a rat with Alfredo, because that's what bears do when they're released into the wilds.

But not a standard rat. A backdooring rat. A rat that's so strong in the way of the Rat that he can beat backdoor protection on his own, and rat without creeps.

With these items, Alfredo backdoors a T3 tower from full HP in 7 seconds. And rax in way less than that. I just tested it.

To my knowledge, no other hero can efficiently beat backdoor protection on his own. Illusion heroes can't do that because backdoor protection reduces illusion damage to 25% of original damage, the protection was specifically designed so illusions can't beat it. And single target DPS heroes like Windranger or Clinkz can only do it when 6-slotted and even then it's painfully slow and impractical. Terrorblade, Morphling or Troll Warlord 6-slotted, same, it's just meh and actually weaker than the former. Tiny is actually significantly weaker that all of these, he's completely outclassed.

But LD...he does it. So if you manage to get a 6-slotted bear as LD (perfectly possible in a 45-50 minute game, after all LD farms extremely fast)...you get pretty much megacreeps for free by backdooring the enemy base.

And that's not even his full power, after all the bear can eat the moonshard and buy a MKB.

And I'm not even talking about going Divine Rapier second item on Alfredo just to backdoor towers, and relying on Savage Roar to save him from ganks. So backdooring bear can come online much earlier than that.

I feel that between the return of LD, Furion/Lycan buffs, the return of Morphling, and Arc Warden, we have a mega rat patch boys :)

OSFrog.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » January 1, 2016 7:33pm | Report
I do think this is a rat patch. Not really tried LD this patch though. Time to R[A]T!

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 2, 2016 1:26am | Report
Troll Warlord can do it as well solo, but slow AF as well. You could still add him to the list.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 2, 2016 1:43am | Report
Yeah Troll Warlord also works but he's just a slightly weaker version of Windranger. After all he's simply another hero with max attack speed that builds damage items. And even then he only has max attack speed for 5 seconds, that's hardly enough. So yeah same problem, super impractical in an actual game, besides people go SnY/Skadi/Satanic/BKB and stuff on Troll, not deso, MKB, bfly and crit.

The huge strength of Alfredo over other heroes is that he can build only damage items, he doesn't need anything else.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved