Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

All these 6.85 threads are doing my head in.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » All these 6.85 threads are doing my head in. 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » August 26, 2015 1:19pm | Report
I think pure damage is, and has always been pure damage. It should be easy enough to nerf QoP ult damage or Rupture without also hard nerfing Impetus or more notably Psi Blades.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 26, 2015 1:49pm | Report
Can we stop woth suggestions that straight up affect mechanics???

1. stacking camps is not something that the game could detect. Stacking begins as an exploit of the creep spawn box. The game does not "detect" a stack unless they made it so but i highly doubt it will happen. So, stacking is technicallu an exploit that got the "its no bug itsa feature" phrase.

Nerf stacks? Change the timer and we good to go. Theyre not going to tri stack a camp if theres only 4 seconds to do it, right???? Unless youre kunkka

2. You just nerfed comebacks

3. We dont need to directly nerf the damage type! If qop and lina is a real problem one could nerf them without nerfing ither pure dmg abilities. Besides pure damage is what it is... Pure. Like apaz said. Whats the point to make a mechanic to reduce pure damage directly? Whats the point of a bkb-piercing pure damage ultimates if they will have their damage reduced by bkb?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 26, 2015 2:02pm | Report
I disagree with the other two.

Well bits of them, I like assist gold for non damaging actions; Greatly benefits some heroes. But I don't think you can increase streak gold and encourage action. Because the more those kills are worth, the less likely the other team lets you get close to getting the kill; It simply reinforces the current game state, where you get an advantage, snowball it just enough to keep the pinned around their base, then farm 80% of the map till you have an insurmountable advantage; Or wipe them when they make a desperate smoke.

I think if you want to encourage action, you need to do the opposite to what you've done here; Make kills worth more, but make streaks mean less.

The third; Isn't it just easier to hurt Lina and QoP? Like I know it's less subtle, but the issue around the spells isn't just that they are pure damage nukes, it's that they are large pure damage nukes on really short cooldowns. Like 50s for a 950 damage nuke? 40s for QoP's AOE spill?

Nerfing pure damage as a while hurts more heroes that don't need to be hurt than those that do. Now sure, if the case is actually that bad (Like Tinker and E-Blade), then that's fine. But here I don't think it is.

Especially since the change does very little; Like a level 25 hero is taking what 100ish less damage from a Laguna Blade? Not that big of a difference.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 26, 2015 10:05pm | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Can we stop woth suggestions that straight up affect mechanics???

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 26, 2015 11:03pm | Report

BRING THE ARC WARDEN!!!! PRAISE GABEN!!!

l]
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved