Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aghs on Enigma, greedy or worth it?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Aghs on Enigma, greedy or worth it? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » December 31, 2013 11:29pm | Report
I'm perplexed as to whether or not aim to get the aghs upgrade while jungling enigma. Sticking to the Mek-blink-bkb has worked out beautifully in all the games I've played him in, than insert situational luxury item. My conundrum stems from the aghs upgrade automatically applying the highest midnight pulse damage to you're black hole automatically, great but generally I bkb-blink-pulse-hole, but with aghs, would it count as 2 pulses if you follow the same rotation?
Noob question possibly, but if it does stack as I believe it may, that would absolutely destroy a team with proper setup. I'm just thinking it as an obvious choice the later the game goes but since he generally farms better than other supports considering his speedy jungling, should I still focus on the necessary support items (force, scythe) or is it worth trying?
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 1, 2014 1:26am | Report
I think getting Mekansm, Blink and BKB is always core on Enigma, but in a late game scenario you could take it instead of the usual Linken's/Vyse if your carry is really underfarmed or the enemies are too tanky. After all, you wouldn't need extra damage with a decent Black Hole since your teammates would follow up and kill everyone inside it.

I'm pretty sure it dos stack though, the real problem is putting a good Midnight Pulse before the enemies catch you out of position.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » January 1, 2014 2:33am | Report
Very true, he needs decent setup, most teams won't just bunch up unfortunately lol, I just tried it out, was a bad game, 2 people weren't English, but midnight pulse+aghs black hole it had to stack because we were way behind overall and it melted 4 heroes, 1 of which was a fat pudge w like 20 stacks of flesh heap...very very strong if you can get it off.
Thanks for the input, I can see it as a solid option, scythe or refresher usually are what I go for, unless there's something like a bane who would just poop on my bkb

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » January 1, 2014 2:55am | Report
It's worth it, but only AFTER your mek bkb blink and maybe vyse

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 1, 2014 3:40am | Report
No love for the Refresher Orb? Potential for double Black Hole or just reducing the CD is invaluable late game. Tbh that's why I don't really consider an Aghanim's Scepter on him - it would have to come after this, which would be extremely late.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 1, 2014 4:37am | Report
Sando wrote:

No love for the Refresher Orb? Potential for double Black Hole or just reducing the CD is invaluable late game. Tbh that's why I don't really consider an Aghanim's Scepter on him - it would have to come after this, which would be extremely late.

^ This. If Aghanim's Scepter reduced the Cooldown by even 20 seconds (similar to Juggernaut), it would be worth it though.

Also, no love for Necronomicon?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » January 1, 2014 4:23pm | Report
Sando wrote:

I love me some refresher on enigma. It's brutal, and also triggers massive amounts of derp rage on the other team, in a tight game I feel refresher will make the biggest difference luxury item wise. Consider: black hole 3 heroes, they die, 2 others fighting your carry, 3 BB, they re-engage, boom refreshed-black hole gg.

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sansheva » January 11, 2014 10:44am | Report
useless

sansheva

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved