Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.87 Patch Notes: The Imbalance of Power

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.87 Patch Notes: The Imbalance of Power 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 30, 2016 7:30am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Turns out my 1000 word essay on windrunner balance wasn't needed then, whoops. If it makes you feel any better, I promise I hit all the powershots.

Me too, just sometimes I aim for trees as well :)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 22, 2016 11:56pm | Report
Updating with a few more things;

Invoker
- Wex bonus move speed is disabled during Ghost Walk.
- Forge Spirit bounty increased to 60.
- Forge Spirit Melting Strike no longer pierces spell immunity.
- Ice Wall slow decreased to 15% + 5% per Quas level, down from 20% per Quas level.

Enchantress
-Impetus damage cap reduced to 1000 units.
- Untouchable slow reduced to 40/60/80/100.

Faceless Void
- Time Dilation duration reduced to 4/6/8/10 and it no longer affects passive abilities.

Spectre
- Haunt cooldown increased to 150.
I hear everyone saying Spectre's overpowered, but how do you even nerf that hero without making her useless? I really think it's a case of old PL, where she just fits the meta really well and isn't innately overpowered like a certain four legged two armed hero made of obsidian that I'm thinking of.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » April 23, 2016 12:18am | Report
This haunt cd nerf is really impressive. Can think about making it 150/135/120.

Thing about spectre is that all her abilities are helping her join crucial fights and finishing off stragglers. She can really stick to targets.

I can say that making spectral dagger disjointable or making it purgeable to end your slow and tracking will do good enough.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 23, 2016 12:37am | Report
I really like that dagger change, though I can foresee coding issues depending on how the ability was written in the first place.

And can I just omit the veil entirely

Zeus
-Removed from the game
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 23, 2016 2:57am | Report
Come on could people stop with the argument "that hero just fits the meta"? All I read is "I have no idea wtf I'm talking about but that hero is OP, I just *know* it. Besides, I read some tea leaves and they confirm that".
Spec doesn't even match up well against meta heroes.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 23, 2016 3:33am | Report
So explain her sudden surge in the pro scene since 6.86 dropped. She was practically ignored in prior patches and was actually indirectly nerfed by silver edge this patch. She's always been a pub winner but really.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 23, 2016 3:53am | Report
Again, the fact that pro players take several months before realizing things and/or actually practicing and picking them. She was buffed in 6.85, that's it. 6.86 did nothing for the hero, on the contray even.
Besides, that's not really answering my point. Anyone can easily list a lot of reasons why Invo or OD are OP in 6.86 that weren't true in previous patches, yet nobody has any idea of a reason that would make Spec OP in 6.86 and wasn't true before already.
"that hero fits the meta" doesn't mean ANYTHING. If you want to make a point, use actual arguments like what specific change in what specific patch broke the hero...this is directed at anyone on the forum using "fits the meta" a bit too liberally not anyone in particular btw.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » April 23, 2016 8:47am | Report
Spectre was always a decent hero. I can't remember a time where you can actually say that she was trash. There were always better heroes than her. That is how most "op" heroes work. They were always decent but with nerfing the previous meta heroes and slightly buffing the rest of the pack you get a new op hero generation and that are Spectre, Invoker and [outworld devourer]] now.

Troll Warlord during 6.83 was an absolute beast but he was always a decent hero before that patch. Just during that patch he got a slight buff, the meta changed a bit and booom a new op hero was born.

Sometimes it happens that a total **** hero becomes an op hero in just one patch and an example of that are Sniper and outworld devourer. Those heroes were **** but than they got reworked and it seemed that that rework was just a bit too good.

But in general op heroes are the heroes that were decent in the patch before. Storm Spirit, Bloodseeker, Juggernaut, Spectre, Invoker, Lina, Faceless Void, Bounty Hunter it were all decent heroes and than they got a little buff and others got a little nerf and whoop they where overpowered.

Btw the reason that for exemple Spectre had such a low pickrate in pro-games before 6.86 is just because pros only play meta heroes so if you are not a meta hero you don't get picked even if the hero is actually decent or even good.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 23, 2016 9:06am | Report
Agree with you on almost everything Frosto, but Troll Warlord didn' become OP in 6.83 because of some abstract meta change or a slight buff. You can pinpoint the exact change that made him OP.

December 17, 2014 Patch (6.83)

Fixed Fervor stack count being 1 stack too slow

This was a "bug fix" but in practice it was a massive buff. Fervor stacks took tons of time to build up, and it made them build up a ton faster. This was the equivalent of a hard +34 attack speed buff, even better than that.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » April 23, 2016 9:45am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

yet nobody has any idea of a reason that would make Spec OP in 6.86 and wasn't true before already.
"that hero fits the meta" doesn't mean ANYTHING. If you want to make a point, use actual arguments like what specific change in what specific patch broke the hero...this is directed at anyone on the forum using "fits the meta" a bit too liberally not anyone in particular btw.

I don't think Spectre is broken, but some reasons why she might fit the current meta so well: ability to fight early on (other builds that don't depend exclusively on Radiance), ability to join teamfights globally (all heroes with global presence are greatly appreciated, think Io and Nature's Prophet), ability to, even though joining fights early, continue farming and building for late game. She has also a mix of damage types, which I have noticed is favourable now too ( Enchantress, OD). This meta is one of constant fighting, where the cores that are able to do that And still farm shine - like Gyrocopter or Juggernaut. In pro games (pub games are different for this analysis) she is in a good place right now, picked sometimes but not always on top chart of bans/picks.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved