Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86 New Abilities

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.86 New Abilities 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 19, 2015 4:56pm | Report
Haven't tried them all yet, only Spirit Siphon so far. I was laning against a Pudge so took my first point in it in case of hooks. Left it at a value point until later on, and didn't need it in the end, but it's a useful extra skill for various situations:

1) Staying alive in tricky moment, draining that bit of health that keeps you going until those Ghosts start returning.

2) Extra damage (it's pure, so heavier than you might think) that scales nicely. Extra points reduce the cost, and increase the number of charges so you can use it repeatedly in bigger fights.

3) Obviously most effective against tankier opponents, 3.4%/s of their total health pool might be a pretty substantial amount of healing, like a free Heart in combat.

4) Relies on you being able to control opponent and get close (and without dying), so a little limited compared to her normal nuke, which I'd still max first. Value point in Silence too. Maybe time to experiment with Rod of Atos.

Overall it's an interesting rework.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 19, 2015 8:44pm | Report
You guys missed Astral Imprisonment, just pointing out.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 19, 2015 8:53pm | Report
Really like Infernal Blade and Savage Roar.

Arcane Curse has some great damage potential vs. BB and the like, but I can just see you getting rekt by Blade Mail on a tanky hero.

The rest have great potential. And I have to say Time Walk is pretty disgusting now.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 20, 2015 1:25am | Report
Spirit Siphon can really feel broken at some points of the game... and it is extremely useful to kite someone around I actually ignore Silence for the first levels now and max her other two skills since Spirit Siphon is extremely good at trading hits and rune fights.
It is a bit like Shadow Dagger use it, start right-clicking and stay close to the enemy mid.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 20, 2015 3:21am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Can I point out that Arcane Curse now deals damage to creeps, giving Silencer a flashfarming mechanism? Since it's pretty obvious at this point that Kyfrog is looking for him to be played as a carry, I think he may have a place in this role.

Did not think to check this. It does make Core Silencer a lot better now that you can Farm and Push with your Q. You should be able to win many Mid Lane matchups now that you can Harrass, Push and punish any Spell usage all at the same time. <}3
Terathiel wrote:

It's not a very GOOD flashfarming mechanism, but it's pretty decent with large stacks that would otherwise take forever to clear.

...but bear in mind little tomato and little centaur have Stackable Magic Resistance Auras, so Farming Stacks with Magic Damage is considerably less effective this patch.

Still good for Pushing out Creep Waves though.

EDIT:-

Just been checking Silencer games on datdota

http://www.datdota.com/hero.php?q=Silencer

It seems like Support Silencer may be a bit better as well. After all, he does have considerable Damage from a distance at lvl10 now with 800 and 900 Cast Range on his Nukes.

Inb4 Hand of Midas Position 4 Silencer becomes a big thing! <}3

http://www.datdota.com/match.php?q=2009455783

...I may have to spam Silencer for a few games. <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » December 20, 2015 4:40am | Report
Curse of the silent is stupid. Was playing abbadon the other day and he spammed it during the first few levels. It was so annoying. I mean I couldn't cast anything cuz then the duration would just increase. Thankfully he left the lane after a bit.

OH and I like tricks of the trade. Clutch ults ftw.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Califocus » December 20, 2015 6:48am | Report
Hey guys, does arcane curse get triggered when morphling is morphing stats?

Califocus

Notable (1)
Steam: Rubick^3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » December 20, 2015 6:57am | Report
Morph is toggled. So it shouldn't work with toggled skills. Although you can try it out and post the results here.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 20, 2015 7:15am | Report
Added Imprisonment and Time Walk

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved