Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86 Morphling

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.86 Morphling 37 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 26, 2016 9:55am | Report
Fighting WR and PA? Wut? Isn't WR in your team and PA not in the game? Or did I miss something :)
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2106343865

No it's simply, you had teamfight-oriented heroes and the other team was purely pickoff-oriented outside of the Omni, so the team with Necro and Invoker should win teamfights pretty easily (especially since Invoker can dispel Guardian Angel, btw nerf this OSFrog pls)

Bonus XP from midas doesn't compensate for later Eblade. One level of adaptive strike = 0.5 times your agi as damage = about 60 to 80 damage. While Eblade = 2 times your AGI as damage (so more like 240-320) + 75 base damage + 40% increase in burst.

Timing of eblade rush is a bit weird. You need level 13 + eblade with 4/4/4/1 build. But it's far, far better to be level 11 with an eblade than be level 13 without one.

Midas is really to get the farm while you're fighting, because if you join your team as a walking burst engine to be useful in the midgame you can find yourself lacking in farm eventually.

Kamikaze seems like he's 2-stacking with the Mirana, not 5-stacking right now. Don't know about his past, sure if you say so.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 26, 2016 10:32am | Report
Ah, it was another game. Nvm.

Can't Morphling still pick up enough farm with Eblade just by replicating allies, farming nearby creeps, Tp-ing home to refill and back to replicate? Kinda like Ember does(or used to do, since most players just AFK farm lanes with BoTs now).

I don't know who is he stacking with, I just assumed that since his numbers were only possible in like 2012 when a top player was casually wrecking pub scrubs solo(like this http://www.dotabuff.com/players/39467366) or stacking with a good 5-stack and doing the same. Even if he just 2-stacks, Mirana's party MMR is probably super-low(regarding her and kaze's actual skill, Diamond 3 rank on Dotabuff confirms that) so that's the same thing, there is no way you can have such a stats with a legit 2-stack even if you are the best player in the world.

Anyway, I think I'm done with him for now, gotta wait till I play him on my main, those LP-like games are actually pretty tiring ResidentSleeper. Thanks for the help Hamster.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 26, 2016 5:08pm | Report
I've always gone Helm of Dominator on Morphling, but no mention here. Hmm. Ive never been a fan of trying for any str. on morph, and you will be a glass cannon without lifesteal/armor/HP regen (helm). I think Lance could serve as a way to deal the damage while be farther from the action.

What about: aquila >> boots of travel/ol' browns >> helm of dominator / lance >> manta/skadi >> satanic.

I also agree that Bottle Mid is a no go. I feel like the bottle nerfs were a lil too heavy. Probably because of Sumail playing too good with the eternal mid bottle rush. Morph belongs in safelane as a hard carry that can go nukes or right clicks. He's basically a more difficult Luna. If you buy it on Luna, it's good on Morph. Like literally every item.

SIDENOTE TO VOLVO: Please change Morph's ult I honestly think its super underpowered as a whole, and doesnt fit his playstyle that well. Yeah sure once the lategame rolls around you can get some damage out but it's so lackluster. Id like to see some stat based nuke. Idk.

EDIT: Wait so could you go Aether Lens on a off=lane morph? Some regen, extra cast pool, and longer wave form.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 26, 2016 8:17pm | Report
I can't say I like the shotgun Morphling... I feel the good old right-click morphling is better:

Treads > Drums > Yasha > (BKB) > Skadi > Manta > (BKB) > Butterfly > Daedalus/MKB

Your choice of early/late BKB. I prefer late, but sometimes you need it early.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 26, 2016 9:45pm | Report
Morph is unplayable right now imo. His early game contribution is that waveform doing 320 damage that is actually a KS from teammates.

Mid game is his weak point with no progression unless u go nuker and late game he has no potential to comeback from 1/2 raxes down. Mega creeps? you just lost the game as morph.

I stopped playing him just for this reason because the only build that lets you participate in team fights is Helm, drums, PTs and BKB if you go carry and
Arcanes into whatever support item u want for that 4 sec stun.

He needs attention from OSFrog

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 27, 2016 3:25am | Report
Quoted:
In one game I was against Techies and at the most crucial moment when I needed gem, it was bought and my team refused to give it to me. When I managed to finally get it, the game was basically over plus Techies stalled me a lot at highground with remotes.

replicate your ally that has the gem and just use the replica to find mines.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 27, 2016 7:27am | Report

Morph is unplayable right now imo. His early game contribution is that waveform doing 320 damage that is actually a KS from teammates.

Mid game is his weak point with no progression unless u go nuker and late game he has no potential to comeback from 1/2 raxes down. Mega creeps? you just lost the game as morph.

I stopped playing him just for this reason because the only build that lets you participate in team fights is Helm, drums, PTs and BKB if you go carry and
Arcanes into whatever support item u want for that 4 sec stun.

He needs attention from OSFrog

Hmm...

I have to disagree. Morphling is actually really strong in the early-game due to his absurdly high damage and mobility, as well as having that nuke.

Mid-game, his ability to fight with his team while pushing out lanes (replicate/BoT) makes him a fearsome carry.

Late game, his insanely strong Manta Illusions help him push without risking his own life.

Maybe I'm just biased tho.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved