Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86 Morphling

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.86 Morphling 37 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 19, 2015 8:53am | Report
I think you'd still pick up Yasha first; Even with the nerf Yasha is still a great farm accelerator, so it'll get you into your intended progression sooner.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 19, 2015 9:10am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Sorry for being offtopic(again), but does Dragon Lance even make impact?

Dimonychan wrote:

[Morphling]] has Wavefor to initiate to an almost melee range anyway so Dragon Lance makes even less sense on him.

Hamstertamer wrote:

On a 350 range AGI carry who is pretty much a glorified melee creep, 130 additional range is a 37% increase in range. So yes it's a big impact.

Hamstertamer wrote:

But waveform has a cooldown. And when he doesn't have it up he's pretty much a melee creep. With the item he becomes almost Shadow Fiend. That's a big deal.

I'm going to have to side with Alenari here (and it's not offtopic so long as it's specifically about the impact the item has on Morphling. Yes, it's a 37% increase, but what does that mean in terms of Positioning?

I don't see how the additional Range has any significant impact at all. At the end of the day, both 350 and 480 are terrible Attack Ranges. I doubt the Item has enough impact to take up 1850 Gold and an Item Slot.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » December 19, 2015 11:55am | Report
Kamikaze build is ****ING AWESOME NOW, i thing icefraud give this present especially to him
he buffed level 1 morph, he buffed etheral rush, buffed BOTS rush, he buffed even etheral
But Offlane/support morph and rightclik are still ****, his aghs needs more than Cd reduction, it needs to be his second ultimate, increase the duration to 20/30/40 and its fixed

For info about kamikaze http://www.dotabuff.com/players/83203901/matches?hero=morphling

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » December 19, 2015 11:58am | Report
Also, forgot to ask, is it worth still buy Bottle on heroes like morph as well as[kunka and imba spirit ???

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » December 19, 2015 12:10pm | Report
The extra 30 hp that every hero recieved is not morphable(or how you would call it). Because you can only morph strenght and agility and not raw hp. Also the Dragon Lance is a really good item to get into the midgame because it gives 10 damage and attackspeed and 10 strenght, which you can morhp into agi which makes 20 damage and 20 as and extra attack range.

So I would definetly buy it. I think if I would play morph this days I would go

Ring of Aquila> Power Treads> Yasha> Dragon Lance>e-blade> Manta Style> Eye of Skadi> Butterfly
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 19, 2015 12:39pm | Report
Hi Frosto,

It isn't technically morphable, but it means that you can more 1 more str to agility and stay and teh same HP (because you don't morph all the agi at the start)

And the Str from Dragon Lance isn't morphable.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » December 20, 2015 6:37am | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

Kamikaze build is ****ING AWESOME NOW, i thing icefraud give this present especially to him
he buffed level 1 morph, he buffed etheral rush, buffed BOTS rush, he buffed even etheral
But Offlane/support morph and rightclik are still ****, his aghs needs more than Cd reduction, it needs to be his second ultimate, increase the duration to 20/30/40 and its fixed

For info about kamikaze http://www.dotabuff.com/players/83203901/matches?hero=morphling

Morph is ending up rightclick anyway. That's just click morphling.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 20, 2015 7:38am | Report
Hi all,

I've tried Dragon Lance on Morphling in a couple of games, as promised. I have come to a conclusion that Dragon Lance on Morphling is...

meh.

With the buffs to Morphling, it means that he's not as mana intensive any more, meaning that he'll almost always have mana for Waveform.

Although the range does help in a lot of situations, it does slow your item progression down a lot.

For example, consider the fact that you're buying Wand + Dragon Lance over Drums of Endurance.

Or another Ultimate Orb.

It's not really worth it, even though the range was really great.

Cheers!
TheSofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 20, 2015 8:03am | Report
Code:
The Sofa was left. Xyrus was right.

:o

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 20, 2015 8:14am | Report
I would go Dragon Lance on Mid Morphling tho... now that he doesn't need a bottle, (and bottle got nerfed) it's pretty good.

But yeah, I overestimated the attack range increase.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved