Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.84 drafts - analyse these drafts !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.84 drafts - analyse these drafts ! 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 11, 2015 1:19am | Report

6.84 boys!!

6.84 is starting to settle and in my 3-4k games im starting to see some drafts popping up and heroes becoming common (go away Undying .... no one likes you!). so as recently as yesterday i have tried out some formed drafts and would like some feedback on them :)

Draft 1

utilising the new aghs upgrade for Alchemist i drafted an INCREDIBLY GREEDY draft in SEA servers since hey ... greed is good on SEA ;P lol thus all heroes can get an aghs upgrade in the draft and it focused on late game strength and crowd control.

early game we were getting stomped hard, they were roaming into jungle and shutting down me and because i went 2-1-1-1 we had weak lanes and our alche was slowed in his farm. but as per the game plan we stalled out long enough and controlled our jungle and any rotations into it were fiercely contested. once it was 30-40 minutes in our alche was 5 slotted and started to buy aghs for everyone. then we pushed mid and raxed with a blackhole on 90 hp that gave alche a triple kill. finished megas then finished game.

Draft 2

this one was a team game with a stand.in mid player. the draft was a deathball strat with an aggro trilane. We hit our timing windows nicely and rolled round at 15 minutes with all t1's down then they started to hit theirs and we had to reassess and readjust quickly... pick off tower rosh ... rinse repeat until around 25 minutes where we got a double kill in the jungle pushed rax and finished game before they were back up.

this draft was all about efficiency and hitting our timing windows which we did so.

thoughts?

ideas?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » May 11, 2015 3:19am | Report
You deserve to win f8rst draft, because you stalled them dolts.

But by my 2k knowledge i think you were INCREDIBLY lucky to win that game no. 2. That venge pick was golden.

I see a drow. And she was one big wh0re.
A towerwh0re. Comparable to the likes of terrorblade.

Somehow i cant figure out whats with this meta. Its not 6.79. But its not 6.78 either.
Whats more fuzzy is that i thought magic would take frontseat. It still hasn't.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » May 11, 2015 12:16pm | Report
I havent watched the replays, but ill give my 2 cents anyway :D

i like the first draft. I dont know if he was banned, but i would have gone for Witch Doctor over Lion as a support here. He can protect Alchemist better in lane and aghanims Death Ward has better synergy with Acid Spray and Black Hole (Since the 200 aoe finger can miss a few targets, if its a on-the-edge BH).

The second draft was 2 greedy imo (even greedier than the first one), since all your damage depends a lot on how good you do in the lanes. Granted...the aggressive trilane was a good idea, since bat cant stack-farm the jungle, but if they would have countered it with a Lina, Visage, Winter Wyvern trilane, you could have been in a real bind.

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved