Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Which PC?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Which PC? 22 posts - page 1 of 3

Poll Question:

Which PC do you use for gaming?
Mac
Alienware
Lenovo
Others
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FredandMike » December 22, 2012 3:50pm | Report
can someone tell me which PC or Laptop that is good for gaming?..

FredandMike

Notable (1)
Steam: Fred&Mike
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 22, 2012 4:00pm | Report
Alienware for laptops and custom build for PCs.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 22, 2012 5:14pm | Report
Depends on if you're looking for a desktop or a laptop.
Alienware and Mac are trash and just cheap name brands to dump money in, not familiar enough with Lenova to answer that though.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 22, 2012 5:31pm | Report
Alienware is a waste of money. You could build your own computer that runs just as well for $500 less.

I built my computer, so it's "other".

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » December 22, 2012 6:25pm | Report
Building your own gaming rig is generally cheaper and runs better than a pre-made computer of the same price. Takes some time and research but well worth it.

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » December 22, 2012 6:49pm | Report
Building your is much cheaper as long as you find the parts on sale. I'm going to build mine soon and the parts I have would cost 900-1000 vs a custom built bought one costing almost 2000. If you don't know how to build one, ask a local pc repair shop, they would probably build it for a fee (maybe 50-75). Plus you get to pick the parts you want. A very good build is the intel i5-3570k with the gtx670 and the rest of te parts are your choice. Get a motherboard that supports the unlocked So you can overclock it and a 250 gb ssd. Then 8gb of ram(1800 or 2133) and a cheaper liquid cooling system. The case is personal preference but for size a mid tax is enough. This is around $1000 but is a top of the line and can play about any game on ultra settings. My friend has this build and it's very nice. Of course you adjust it. Macs suck for gaming. Alienware is a overpriced dell btw, after they were acquired by dell your paying for brand name.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FredandMike » December 23, 2012 2:44am | Report
Thanks for the feedback guys.I really appreciate it:)
Wow,I never thought about building my own computer:D

FredandMike

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 23, 2012 5:38am | Report
FredandMike wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys.I really appreciate it:)
Wow,I never thought about building my own computer:D

I got my PC at Cyber Power, in case you were intimidated about building your own. And a word of advice, don't purchase Windows 7, torrent a ripped version that way you don't spend around $100 for a sticker with a CD key printed on it.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FredandMike » December 23, 2012 6:11am | Report
Okaaay:)

FredandMike

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » December 23, 2012 8:31am | Report
Another custom builder is ibuypower. Don't feel intimidated about building your own computer though, as long as you do some research it's easy. If you want to get an estimate go to pcpartpicker.com and the parts are at full price but if you can get some deals then you can possibly cut it by 25%. The best part sellers are newegg and tigerdirect and they have deals all the time. Avoid windows 8! If you can tell me a budget I can link you a good build. If you are scared about building it, inquire at a local pc repair shop, I'm pretty sure they would be willing to build it of you have the parts fr a small fee(cheaper than going to a custom builder like cyber power, ibuypower...)

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved