Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tilting, Skillz, Irregular Match Making and Spammed heroes.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Tilting, Skillz, Irregular Match Making and Spammed heroes. 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 28, 2015 4:30am | Report
halllooooo 3 things!

soooo i was playing on my smurf last night doing some ranked. only played two games :/ buuuuut first game was a stomp ended on 19-3-11 on a slark. the second game is what i want to chat about.

highest mmr on our team? 3885k

highest mmr on their team? 4762k

what? ... wtf is that ****? this is solo ranked? why is thier a near on 5 k player in this bracket. and i guess you guys can see what happened he picked a tusk and proceeded to absolutely wreck face. went 20 kills without dying on a poor cm and dazzle :( dazzle finished game on 2-18-7 or something. but anyway.

why the hell would there be such a irregularity in ranked?

tilting...

played some ranked on my main account around 2.8k mean mmr and as a QoP we did well early then tilted hard until it was like 11-37 they had mid rax and no one was alive they could have finshed but they didnt then we pushed mid after a team wipe and took 3 rax ez game.

look at that 25k xp swing though... jesus

was that a tilt or was that just us starting to come online. i dont know...

on my smurf the first game there was a a guy who had troll highlighted to be picked for safelane who was around 4.1k on our team. we said to him that troll isnt the best choice and that he should pick a jugg. he said he didnt know how to play jugg so we suggested sven he said and i quote

"ive never played sven"

wot.

what do u mean uve never played sven? how is that even possible?

so i checked his profile....

troll Storm and slark. thats it. no other heroes. not a one. none. just those three.
over 1500 games ... as troll slark or storm ....
every single game he had ever played was troll or storm or slark. every single one.
i said " how have u never played any other heroes?" "didnt need to was winning with these guys" "have u been lately?" "no" * last 20 games he played as roll he lost.

i asked him what his highest mmr was:

"4.6k at one point"

he picked storm safelane and proceeded to play very very badly. no laning presence. no map awareness. none. it was only because our mid sf and me got so fed that we stomped.

but i want to ask?

was his mmr inflated? or does it just show that troll was very very broken ? has anybody else encountered these guys that just spam a hero?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » May 28, 2015 6:55am | Report
Any smurf account MMR is inflated for sure.
About the troll, storm and slark picker: If you play the same hero for A LOT of games, you will at some point actually get good at it. If you are really good at some hero, you will climb your MMR bracket with that hero. (at least 200-300 MMR).
A while ago, I used treant for like 20 ranked games and i climbed 400 MMR. Did about the same as kunkka and storm and then i started supporting and stuff.
But this guy takes that to a whole new level.
That MMR is indeed inflated, just like blitz's 7k (his name at some point was 7k Storm, 3k everything else).

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » May 29, 2015 2:00pm | Report

This happens often. I did an analysis with nubtrain and we came to the conclusion that the cores in the winning team usually don't focus to farm enough in the low tiers, which drags down their lead and comebacks happen after this. This is common in low k mmr.

Aaayy lmao
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 29, 2015 2:04pm | Report
I think 1 occuring is just the result of average mmr. The wnemy team probably has a 2k something player. Or they could be running a big stack, that sometimes happens

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 29, 2015 2:25pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

troll Storm and slark. thats it. no other heroes. not a one. none. just those three.
over 1500 games ... as troll slark or storm ....
every single game he had ever played was troll or storm or slark. every single one.

6.83 in a nutshell :)

Smuggels wrote:

was his mmr inflated? or does it just show that troll was very very broken ? has anybody else encountered these guys that just spam a hero?

There is no such thing as MMR inflation, so I'll go for the other option xD

And yes, hero spammers are VERY common, and actually the higher the MMR, the more people spam specific heroes and have a hero pool of 5 heroes maximum.
The reason is very simple. In every patch, some heroes are just better than others. And once you get hundreds of matches with a hero, your winrate goes up drastically.
Hero spamming is the best way to tryhard actually. Boring as hell...but effective.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 30, 2015 12:57pm | Report
1. My theory: after a while (presumably after around 6:00) Matchmaking kinda gives up on the idea of "balance" and just goes further afield to find a match.

2. Tilt. Massive Tilt!

3. With 3 Heroes, he probably had someone else raise his MMR to 4.6k and is now falling back to his natural 2k bracket

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 30, 2015 2:04pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

3. With 3 Heroes, he probably had someone else raise his MMR to 4.6k and is now falling back to his natural 2k bracket

That's also a perfectly viable option, yes.

Spamming Troll Slark and Storm in 6.83 definitely sounds like something a professional MMR booster would do.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 30, 2015 2:42pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

That's also a perfectly viable option, yes.

Spamming Troll Slark and Storm in 6.83 definitely sounds like something a professional MMR booster would do.

Hell, you could probably spam them now and still do very well. If you're better than your opposition, you should be able to leverage the Heroes to counteract the nerfs they received.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » May 30, 2015 3:47pm | Report
I never really understood the point behind mmr boosting, wouldn't you just end up feeding until you get to the point where you started at to begin with?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 30, 2015 5:06pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

1. My theory: after a while (presumably after around 6:00) Matchmaking kinda gives up on the idea of "balance" and just goes further afield to find a match.

2. Tilt. Massive Tilt!

1. hmmm maybe but mine was 3700 and the average was like 3600 then their average was 4k i was like wot. u kidding me htf do they get a +400 mmr average over us. we only lost 18 points but still thats ******** and he wasnt even in a 2 stack everyone was solo. though i posted this on reddit and basically got the answer.

"im 6k and i get matched with 4k players all the time if there arent enough people in my bracket" so maybe its more catering to those guys then us ...?

2. yea thinking that. watching the game back a lot of the fights after that were 5v 4 or 5v3 they never fought as 5 once they had a lead. so when ever we pushed they were defending with only 2 or 3 leading to lkills.

3.what? people do that?

CapnDaft wrote:

This happens often. I did an analysis with nubtrain and we came to the conclusion that the cores in the winning team usually don't focus to farm enough in the low tiers, which drags down their lead and comebacks happen after this. This is common in low k mmr.

Aaayy lmao

low truth playing on my main account and on my smurf is hilarious due to the glaring differences. its only 1k difference but wow its tough. like i know my smurf is close to the 4k golden zone but then i go back to my main and i feel like slamming my head on my desk when i have to describe how to double pull to my support ...

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved