Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Reconnect timer too short?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Reconnect timer too short? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blizzardex » December 13, 2014 4:32am | Report
Usually when I play dota I have no problems, but sometimes when my laptop charger comes out just a tiny bit, my laptop overheats and explodes.

JK, it just makes my laptop run so slow that it goes down to something like 1 frame per 5 seconds (don't ask me why). So, I have to restart it, and everytime it takes at least like 7 minutes to restart and I always abandon the match before I could reconnect unless they pause for a while

So, I was thinking about, well, buying a new laptop and also maybe Valve could increase the reconnect timer to like 10 mins or something because there could be other people who could be experiencing similar problems to mine. I'm not complaining that I have to play in low priority, it's just that none of my friends play with me when i'm in LP :P

So yeah, thats about it I guess...

Blizzardex

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 13, 2014 5:56am | Report
My modem resets and takes about 5 minutes. Its a matter of chance i get LP or not then.
I get flamed by teammates and enemies alike.
They just dont understand my plaight
they just call me *******, ****tard and whatnot. No one is willing to listen to me.
So yea, i feel ya mate.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » December 13, 2014 5:59am | Report
I think 5 minutes is fine but extending the timer is still acceptable, 5 minutes timer is generally used to punish who always dc and rc and thus an earlier abandon is given and the team with "4" players can leave earlier.

Suggestion of 10 min-dc-timer should be given to volvo official website, there is nothing you can do here. What I can say is get a better PC asap. :|
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 13, 2014 6:24am | Report
5 minutes is perfectly fine: if you leave the game for five minutes and nobody pauses, the game is pretty much over unless you're a support. And even then, the enemy team has the upper hand in teamfights for five minutes no matter what your role is, which means you'll most likely lose every fight until the fifth guy reconnects.

You can play for six or more minutes 4v5 and then still win the game, but that happens once in a thousand, so...
I actually prefer the 5 minute timer so the losing team can leave as soon as the missing player gets an abandon.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blizzardex » December 13, 2014 6:24am | Report
Thanks for replying, My dad won't buy me a new comp until my birthday which is like 2 months later though :P

Blizzardex

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » December 13, 2014 6:43am | Report
Try to clean your laptop out of dust. I had 96 Celsius, but I used compressed air. I'd recommend you that.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » December 13, 2014 7:03am | Report

5 minutes is perfectly fine: if you leave the game for five minutes and nobody pauses, the game is pretty much over unless you're a support. And even then, the enemy team has the upper hand in teamfights for five minutes no matter what your role is, which means you'll most likely lose every fight until the fifth guy reconnects.

You can play for six or more minutes 4v5 and then still win the game, but that happens once in a thousand, so...
I actually prefer the 5 minute timer so the losing team can leave as soon as the missing player gets an abandon.

Pippo-sama
U know that when someone DCs the proper etiquette is to pause for about 3 minutes and that when the player comes he thanks and commends the guy who paused.
I am in LP just because my mates didnt pause for me in early game in laning stage, i came in 6 mins and got reported for modem probs and not willfull fault
Seriously, their words were "we dont care" noob TB ***tard.

That is just lamentable

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 13, 2014 10:52am | Report

Pippo-sama
U know that when someone DCs the proper etiquette is to pause for about 3 minutes and that when the player comes he thanks and commends the guy who paused.
I am in LP just because my mates didnt pause for me in early game in laning stage, i came in 6 mins and got reported for modem probs and not willfull fault
Seriously, their words were "we dont care" noob TB ***tard.

That is just lamentable

Exactly: when someone on my team or on the enemy team disconnects I instantly pause because playing 4v5 (whether the missing player is on my team or theirs) is not fun. Then, if the missing player is still offline on Steam after 5-10 minutes and everyone agrees, we just resume the game and wait for the abandon. I just find that waiting five minutes instead of ten is better for people who don't enjoy playing an unfair match.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 13, 2014 7:29pm | Report
better than peppo-dono isn't it?

or peppo-chan.
or peppo-kun.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 13, 2014 7:32pm | Report
Dang
I pressed the delete button.
Ona different note, Seems like we have a fanboy here.

Edit; he said pippo.
Dunno why.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved