Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

In Repsonse to Michi's post....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » In Repsonse to Michi's post.... 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » July 16, 2016 5:21am | Report
Starting hero discussions seems pretty interesting, but doesn't solve the problem of not wanting to post anything in because of how the regulars react to it. But I agree that it's nice to finally see everyone commited around something that many have been talking about for quite some time.

I personally really like the idea of stacks as well, a bit more official ones at least (since like Cuttle said we already did automatically that with the people we go along best). Something like in-houses where you can actually choose your team sounds way nicer than the ones we used to have (regardless of balancing them - maybe we prefer to have the nice 2k instead of the salty 5k in our team, for instance).

Count me in for everything as well.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 16, 2016 5:22am | Report
caine1232 wrote:

Inhouses, even if there isn't enough people for a 5v5 we can do custom games.

That's why I'm insisting with the Discord server, that way we can always see how many of us are online and willing to play.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 16, 2016 6:03am | Report
Guys, do you or do you not want an invite to the discord server? If you want an invite just tell someone. Don't make us guess, otherwise I might accidentally invite someone who didn't want to join because I assumed.

I'm all for the rotational discussion topics, don't mind helping out where I can.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » July 16, 2016 6:47am | Report
I would like to join the discord server but I am currently in Portugal and don't have enough time on how to use it...

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 16, 2016 7:11am | Report
Ok, so we have so far for the discussions:

Michi
Chichi
Yzreel
Frosto (?)
Sofa (I can do two if needed)

So this will be pretty good! Perhaps we'll go in alphabetical order - I'll start us off with something soon (after this weekend of mock exams lol).

I'd love to join on Discord - I just mainly use Skype and will have to move over, is all.

Perhaps something that could help us is a list of all the "active" and playing dotafire members and their servers?

Maybe Hades can arrange that.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by plaq » July 16, 2016 7:43am | Report
you can count me in for discussion, if you want to :)

plaq

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 16, 2016 8:04am | Report
Well I can tell you the reasons I'm currently not very active on DotAFire.

The main reason is simply being that there are never any threads that I can actually contribute to, because I just don't have sufficient knowledge of the topic to comment something that actually makes any sense. And sure, I could make my own thread, but there's nothing interesting enough for me to post about to actually start a discussion myself.

And secondly, my favourite sub-forum, which is the hero + idea section doesn't get enough attention, so it's not really worth posting there anymore, which is sad. I used to love posting ideas, but stuff just doesn't get enough attention, just go and look through the first page of ideas... look how many of them have 2 or less posts. Remember that the 1st post is the OP's post, so some of them literally got zero feedback whatsoever, I mean I understand sometimes that people can't find stuff to comment on, but you'd hope at least one person would make the effort to. It's depressing that the topic that actually got me started on DotaFire practically empty now. At least we have some interest now with the FoC, but even that just tends to spark an interest while it's ongoing, and then people just forget again.

So.... yeah, in conclusion, it's sort of a combination of lack of interest and lack of knowledge on pretty much every topic, so I end up not being to really comment on anything, and since new threads aren't actually made that frequently, it just ends up being strings of comments on the few threads that exist until someone decides to make a new one.

Sorry for the long post, but I figured I may as well state my reasons for not being as frequent around the forums as I have previously.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » July 16, 2016 10:14am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Well I can tell you the reasons I'm currently not very active on DotAFire.

The main reason is simply being that there are never any threads that I can actually contribute to, because I just don't have sufficient knowledge of the topic to comment something that actually makes any sense. And sure, I could make my own thread, but there's nothing interesting enough for me to post about to actually start a discussion myself.

And secondly, my favourite sub-forum, which is the hero + idea section doesn't get enough attention, so it's not really worth posting there anymore, which is sad. I used to love posting ideas, but stuff just doesn't get enough attention, just go and look through the first page of ideas... look how many of them have 2 or less posts. Remember that the 1st post is the OP's post, so some of them literally got zero feedback whatsoever, I mean I understand sometimes that people can't find stuff to comment on, but you'd hope at least one person would make the effort to. It's depressing that the topic that actually got me started on DotaFire practically empty now. At least we have some interest now with the FoC, but even that just tends to spark an interest while it's ongoing, and then people just forget again.

So.... yeah, in conclusion, it's sort of a combination of lack of interest and lack of knowledge on pretty much every topic, so I end up not being to really comment on anything, and since new threads aren't actually made that frequently, it just ends up being strings of comments on the few threads that exist until someone decides to make a new one.

Sorry for the long post, but I figured I may as well state my reasons for not being as frequent around the forums as I have previously.

Hi Bunkan, haven't talked to you in a while,

I do think I share the same concern as you, and I think we are just as tired when it comes to that sub-forum (honestly, lately I'm considering to make some Overwatch heroes because Jeff sounds like a cool guy). Back then I was seriously busy with my college and stuffs, so my focus on this site inevitably dwindled, and now when I've settled with an office work I cannot find the drive to be more active because that sub-forum is basically dead.

I'd go and say "We must revive that subforum" but it's too naive, no?

So... yeah, I'm kind of at my wit's end myself here.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 17, 2016 4:48am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Hi Bunkan, haven't talked to you in a while,

I do think I share the same concern as you, and I think we are just as tired when it comes to that sub-forum (honestly, lately I'm considering to make some Overwatch heroes because Jeff sounds like a cool guy). Back then I was seriously busy with my college and stuffs, so my focus on this site inevitably dwindled, and now when I've settled with an office work I cannot find the drive to be more active because that sub-forum is basically dead.

I'd go and say "We must revive that subforum" but it's too naive, no?

So... yeah, I'm kind of at my wit's end myself here.

Well the issue is I don't know how we can really go about reviving it even, I think the problem is there aren't enough like minded people who enjoy creating heroes as well. I mean it doesn't matter how many ideas we post if nobody is interested in responding with their opinions on the idea right. When I first came about (don't know how it was like before this obviously) we sort of had a small community but everybody was active, and then we had some new people who would come in to post a bit. We're down to 3 people now from the 6-7 we had back then or whatever? The problem is, is that we haven't gained anybody really prominent to this group since then, we have a couple people posting. I suppose the best way to go about it in it's current state is for anybody who's actually interested to comment on some new people's ideas might be willing to, as it will hopefully make some new people want to stick around.
I mean anyway, I'll probably post some stuff nonetheless, I have 2 full journals with hero ideas in so I guess I'll just post some random stuff even if just for the benefit of having it kinda immortalized here.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » July 17, 2016 6:41am | Report
what is discord server?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved