Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

In Repsonse to Michi's post....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » In Repsonse to Michi's post.... 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2016 8:07pm | Report
What made Dotafire great?

What were some things that made this forum and place a home for all of us?

How can we maybe take some ideas of our past and build off of them, creating perhaps a thriving community again?

Perhaps we can take on some responsibility. No one can enjoy content if they wait for other people to create it.

I know we're all busy, but a simple 15 minutes typing up the beginnings of a "Hero Discussion: XXXX" can really start a fire and make it dotafire, not just dota :)

Also, maybe someone can take up the responsibility of making Dota 2 Quizzes again...

And since I have more time on my hands right now, I've been playing a lot with Cuttle. Which got me thinking, what if we created dotafire stacks?

And we played regularly with fun combos? There are some 5 man combos that could be reaaaally fun, I just never had the people to do it!

What can you do to help? Don't wait for content and reply to it, kickstart it yourself!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » July 15, 2016 8:23pm | Report
We need to build a wall.

Seriously though, more non-offensive ****posting would go a long way. Bad puns, horrifically bad memes made in Paint, all of that goes so far to lightenjng a mood. Just like going midas bfury radiance mjollnir on Jugg to farm faster turns a game into a clown fiesta, we need a good troll. Like Kyphoid, but he's breaking away.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » July 15, 2016 8:33pm | Report
Maybe a Pro Doto team that do cheese strats like tower Tower Team ? We have all the positions

Invite me whenever you want to do a 5 man combo, sounds fun, but need to theorycraft a little before going into play (Tower draft with Lich Treant Protector and Ogre Magi when our Naga Siren is farming or Sven/ Magnus + Drow Ranger/ Sniper )

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2016 8:53pm | Report
Maybe we can get a list of people who are willing to spend 15 mins a month to start hero discussions, then do rotations?

Like we can do one every 3-4 days or something, that would require 8 people to contribute about 15 mins once a month...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 16, 2016 12:39am | Report
Thank you all for caring and for trying to improve our activity and quality, brings a tear to my eye!

We have a lot of things in mind that I'm sure you'll enjoy and that, with your help, will increase the popularity, activity and quality of our dear community.

Stay tuned, stay with us!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » July 16, 2016 1:11am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Maybe we can get a list of people who are willing to spend 15 mins a month to start hero discussions, then do rotations?

Like we can do one every 3-4 days or something, that would require 8 people to contribute about 15 mins once a month...

Sounds like a good idea (although it will probably be hard to get committed people), but sure, count me in!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » July 16, 2016 4:38am | Report
Starting hero discussions?
That sounds like it would challenge what little creativity I have but count me in.
This actually sounds like a really good idea. When you look at other forums like the subbreddit true dota then they have those stickied threads once in a while. Maybe having 2 weekly discussion thread would be refreshing for the forum.

Ps: If you actually want to have these threads you would, as you said, need a small team which would need to disucss about the topic of them *cough* *discord server* *cough*

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » July 16, 2016 5:06am | Report
*cough* *want an invite* *cough*

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » July 16, 2016 5:15am | Report
Maybe a silly idea but a sort of evaluation of the members may be an idea. Mostly where you point out positive things. This way there comes more positivity on the forum and people also see what they do good and were to change a bit.

The hero discussions are a good idea and can be really refreshing. Also some discussions about hero lore and voice responses may be nice. Since a big part of dota are the hero lores however they are often forgotten but not less interesting.

A third idea can be a chatlobby in dota. This way you can ask for party invites and chat a bit in dota.

The discord server is also a really good idea, so you may always invite me.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » July 16, 2016 5:18am | Report
Inhouses, even if there isn't enough people for a 5v5 we can do custom games.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved