Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forum Game: Counter that Hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Forum Game: Counter that Hero 153 posts - page 6 of 16
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 24, 2015 1:49am | Report
Lina is hard countered by silences, and her ulti just blows one person up. Someone like Riki can easily kill her, but since riki was used not long ago, i'm going with Storm Spirit. A well played storm will never get hit by Light Strike Array, and can jump in and kill squishy lina before she even gets to do anything.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 24, 2015 1:58am | Report
As to counter Storm I'll go with Death Prophet, and then I'll deathball before he gets anywhere.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 24, 2015 2:00am | Report
(ummm guys, Lina is commonly picked as a counter to Storm because she utterly destroys him in lane. Besides a well-timed euls combo on storm will get him before he can zip away and he can do nothing about it. Pls...)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 24, 2015 2:01am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Lina, Huge burst damage, bkb piercing ult, attack speed buff to ignore untouchable.

Bunkan why u do thiz to the beautiful venison :(

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 24, 2015 2:42am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

Bunkan why u do thiz to the beautiful venison :(

Roast Venison is tasty.

To counter DP I choose KotL - Because DP has to deathball, and you can constantly depush the wave from the towers to keep it from happening. It's a soft counter sure, but a lot of them are.

I also agree that Lina is really good against Storm because of the lane.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » September 24, 2015 3:09am | Report
Murdering Bambi is so satisfying. I mean like she ruined a lot of my games when I just started playing this game. As for a counter to kotl, any hero with magical burst?

Off topic: Is mana leak purgeable?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 24, 2015 3:17am | Report

Murdering Bambi is so satisfying.

:(

Counter to KotL: anyone that can get in top of him and kill him right there (also counter-pushers). So I will say Phantom Lancer.

Mana leak is purgeable (http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Keeper_of_the_Light). Hence PL makes even more sense if he can't kill KotL quickly enough. I think... =/

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 24, 2015 3:20am | Report
yes mana leak is purgeable.

Keeper of the Light, what can i say? He is extremely squishy, i daresay moreso than the popular Crystal Maiden. However, he does have a more potent ability to protect himself, Blinding Light, and Mana Leak can help stop single enemy ganks. He can also cause huge amounts of damage, push out creepwaves and deter enemy ganks with Illuminate, even though it is not a hard ability to dodge.

I think i would go with Lycan, since in his ultimate form, He basically has infinite chase ability over someone like kotl. If a necrobook is bought(which is imo, the best item to get on lycan now), kotl has no way to defend himself against Lycan and will get endlessly chased down until he is dead.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 24, 2015 3:26am | Report
Im going with Beastmaster. He has powerful scouting capabilities and a long duration single target stun. Jungling? Ratting? Roshing? Doesnt matter: you're dead
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » September 30, 2015 8:38am | Report
Meepo, he nets your hawk, boar, necrobook units and then he Poofs them (Or he could simply chainstun you with Earthbind). Sure you got Primal Roar, but if the Meepo knows how to micro correctly, he'll wait until you waste your stun on a single Meepo before Poofing in the rest of his Meepos, besides, Beastmaster on his own doesn't have a considerable amount of damage (a level 3 Primal Roar does only about 300 damage and Wild Axes simply won't cut it when you're up against a hero with Meepo's ridiculous solo-killing potential).

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved