Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

5 little questions about Dota.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » 5 little questions about Dota. 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » September 13, 2015 6:41pm | Report
1.) In what way has dota improved your life? or made it worse?

2.) What is your current hours played, your skill level and your games played?

3.) How do you feel you have improved in the game and when was your last "i didnt know that!" moment?

4.) if you could go back and tell your self before you started to play dota one thing, what would it be? and why?

5.)If you could change one thing about dota what would it be? and why?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 13, 2015 10:30pm | Report
1. Hmm, my grades are a tad bit worse, but dota usually lightens my day.
2. 4165 hours, 2668 matches, MMR is a periodic function between 3.8k and 3k due to insanely trash college wifi but I tend to keep up with my friends who are 4.5-5k.
3. I think it was Era's CK dodging a glimpse by using the ulti, can't quite put a date on that.
4. Don't pick heroes that require co-ordination from teammates, pretty obvious reasons.
5. Server lock for certain "special folks" (Peruvians)(No racism intended, it's just the truth).
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 14, 2015 3:31am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

...pass
Smuggels wrote:

3744 hours "played", ...pass, 2500+
Smuggels wrote:

3.) How do you feel you have improved in the game and when was your last "i didnt know that!" moment?

Recently? not much T-T

The latest thing I learned would probably be when watching Donny's stream. He didn't know he could push people off cliffs with Sprout either. 8{3
Smuggels wrote:

4.) if you could go back and tell your self before you started to play dota one thing, what would it be? and why?

Pick Zeus when calibrating your Ranked games. 8{3
Smuggels wrote:

Make a true Russian server group, actually located in Russia, so they can use that instead of EU West. 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 14, 2015 3:57am | Report
1. It made my life better because it kept me away from it, it shielded me from all the problems when I was young and this way I managed to get through tough periods.
2. 3.155 hours of DotA 2 played on my main account, my skill is above average and I've played ~2.200 matches.
3. There is going to be an "I don't know" moment frequently in dota, there's always something new to learn. I believe mine was yesterday when Tinker zapped 4 of my teammates using one laser in minute 12, when Alchemist farmed an Aghanim's Scepter for him and I didn't know what that item does on Tinker. For now, I'm switching from mid to support, and I feel like with every game I'm improving more and more.
4. Focus on improving and play for real, I'd really motivate myself to play competitive instead for entertainment.
5. The community, because it's toxic and it lowers the quality of this wonderful game.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » September 14, 2015 4:16am | Report
1.It made me not commit suicide when I was pretty much done with my life.
2. 1232 hours; 1224 games; 2.9k mmr
3. An Alchemist dodging my Wraith King stun (wk supp is best wk)
4.I would probably explain myself what dota is about (the first 40 matches of me were pretty
much relaxing in the jungle with Furion or other heroes). And tell myself to play supports because
that's what a hero truly needs.
5.Punish racism harder and maybe give each palyer a personal rep so the game can match players wiht the same rep together.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 14, 2015 4:44am | Report
1. I think dota is my "thing". Video games goes stale and boring tbh but dota is still good on my list
2. 1000-ish hours, 400-ish games i think, maybe 1-3k,
3. Ehh don't remember very well, I think ota the minimum damage limit for Refraction to break. One of my favourites is finding out that Euls deals damage
4. Maybe tell myself to play it a few years sooner or tell myself not to calibrate RMM immediately :p
5. Mortality so that the game could be eternal Kappa
michimatsch wrote:

1.It made me not commit suicide when I was pretty much done with my life.

Damn dude, that's really very deep :(. I hope the toxic community doesn't get to you.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 14, 2015 6:45am | Report
1) Dota gave me something to be passionate about again. Circumstances in my life meant that I lost all drive towards things I used to love, and then I found this game through friends, and I fell in love. It was something I could understand, I could get a rush from, feel happy doing or watching, use to level out my mood at times where I need it. I can't say it's really impacted me negatively, since the time I spend watching/playing DOTA I wouldn't spend working anyway, and I still put the important stuff first when I need it.

It's probably redeemed me a little as a person, and it's definately made me happier than I'd be without it.

2) 648 hours played; Only about half of that is non-bots, since I spend a lot of time just messing about it bots practising. My skill level is average to below average probably (I've still not calibrated so I can't really say more precise than that), and I've played 261 non bot games on record. I would like to say I've probably watched between 1000-2000 hours worth of pro DOTA in the past year or two, since that makes up most of my DOTA time.

3) Well my raw mechanics have gotten a lot better, my theoretical understanding is better to the point where I can support a lot of the arguments I make here. In effect I've gone from being a newbie to an alright player (Probably not as good a player as I think I am but who doesn't think they are a little better than they are ^_^). The last one of those moments was probably about lane control a high level play, how professional players control lane momentum and keep creep equilibrium in it's proper place without needing a support to pull for example.

4) To start playing a lot sooner, and to make more of an effort to become better than I am. Or at least make an effort to get into casting. Also to put money on Newbee for TI4.

5) Make Elder Titan useful. Because he should be more useful. EDIT; Actually give each account a single recalibration so people can actually prove whether they deserve to be out of the trench or not.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » September 14, 2015 12:25pm | Report
If I knew how to quote you unscathed I would but I must say that I never take the stuff someone says in a game by heart, they act under pressure and I am used to much worse and the game was so beautiful and fantastic and I met wonderful persons ( I mean just take a look around here) that made me move on. Accept my weaknesses accept the difficulties with life and I learned that it is worth to fight. (if I only met that random spanish guy again that gave me a gift copy after I met him on the streets saying that I needed it - if he had known how right he was. He basically saved my life)

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 14, 2015 2:25pm | Report
Hmm didn't think I would be so far in terms of hours played compared to older folks like hades, maybe sandy will trump 5k hours
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » September 14, 2015 3:35pm | Report
Smuggels wrote:

Dota's given me a hobby and something to look forward to after rough days. Also gave me a reason to stop playing Heroes of Newerth.

Smuggels wrote:

1139 hours, not sure if I'm the best judge of that (1k mmr), 644 games played

Smuggels wrote:

Peppo's Blink Dagger Slark inhouse game was a mindf**k kind of experience for me.

Smuggels wrote:

Don't even THINK about touching those calibration matches. Would've started played much sooner, put an effort into being an esports writer (everyone always felt I was more cut out for sports journalism), but writings never been a struggle for me.

Smuggels wrote:

Something Something MMR system. Oh and harsher punishment for griefers.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved